Coronavirus - Part Two.

2 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Admittedly that shop is one that I popped into when passing but let's recap my previous bullet points

Customers are still using face masks thereby reducing risk.

2. Staff will have been vaccinated thereby reducing risk.

3. Social distancing measures still remain in place in supermarkets. 2m spacing etc.

4. Greater reliance on self service checkouts

5. Plastic screens and sanitizer stations trolly wipes are still in place, again reducing risk. 

6. Reduced staffing numbers following on from lockdowns. Less staff, less risk. 

7. Greater reliance upon online shopping. Less customers, less risk. 

Now...

1. This was true based upon what I observed when shopping and you've previously claimed things are true based on what you've seen. 

2. Most likely true given the numbers of people in the UK already vaccinated. Balance of probability.

3. Social distancing still in place despite the absence of floor stickers. Though predictably I knew you'd jump on that. 

4.  Still most people gravitated to self service. Maybe covid related or not. It mightve just been quicker 

5. These were in place 

6. Admittedly I did not perform a headcount so juries out on that one.

7. I maintain this is still true but obviously passing tesco won't confirm or deny. 

So, my points still stand but if you want me to go to another supermarket and take a photo of floor stickers I'm happy to do so.

Or just dismiss as fake news...either way I'm passed caring 

If all these things have very successfully stopped supermarket staff from being infected with the virus why didn't we just adopt them everywhere and not bother with lockdowns, they obviously work brilliantly.

Most supermarkets have removed social distancing stuff, they have kept a few bits and pieces in place as the covid cult would be in meltdown if they removed everything.  Aldi at Swallownest has removed all from the shop floor apart from the very ends of the aisles and till areas, they'll have to leave a bit down to pacify the scared.

5 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Yeah. I've amended my post to highlight my terrible wording. 

I think it's pretty clear what I meant but I'm happy to take some stick for my mistake. 

If that's your opinion then I can live with it. Do you believe regular blue masks protect you or anyone else from coronavirus? 

Do you believe the jab is safe? 

Will I die in 18 to 24 months because I have had the jab ?

1 minute ago, top4718 said:

If all these things have very successfully stopped supermarket staff from being infected with the virus why didn't we just adopt them everywhere and not bother with lockdowns, they obviously work brilliantly.

1. They haven't stopped staff from being infected completely but limit infection.  No one is claiming that staff won't get infected but they obviously limit infection. Thereby keeping essential workers working

2. Lockdowns didn't prevent people from shopping.

3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

You could have any one of the number of adverse effects including death. 

Or you may get no adverse effects. 

It's like Russian Roulette. 

I hope you get the empty chamber. 

4 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

No, otherwise in 2 years the problems of mass population growth, housing crisis, mass immigration, over reliance on the NHS, traffic congestion, pollution etc suddenly disappear.

27 minutes ago, butlers said:

Link 

From Isreal today the average vaccinated when they do transmit the virus it's to 1 person.

Unvaccinated average 4 people

I'm not bothering with links as I could post one signed by God and you'd ignore it or one from a minor newspaper or channel and you'll pull it to pieces (well, you won't but others do) if you do a quick web search many US news outlets are reporting on it (CNBC, The Mercury News, NPR and the New York Times are all running the story), have a trawl through.

Israel also said that people who had the jabs in January were now giving  only 16% protection, your going to be at the doctors forever with these boosters. 

14 minutes ago, Delayed said:

1. They haven't stopped staff from being infected completely but limit infection.  No one is claiming that staff won't get infected but they obviously limit infection. Thereby keeping essential workers working

2. Lockdowns didn't prevent people from shopping.

One of the most exposed professions outside healthcare hasn't seen any significant serious illness or deaths from a deadly pandemic, how very odd.

19 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

If you choose to jump in a river you may drown you may not the best advice is not to jump in the river in the first place.

7 minutes ago, top4718 said:

I'm not bothering with links as I could post one signed by God and you'd ignore it or one from a minor newspaper or channel and you'll pull it to pieces (well, you won't but others do) if you do a quick web search many US news outlets are reporting on it (CNBC, The Mercury News, NPR and the New York Times are all running the story), have a trawl through.

Israel also said that people who had the jabs in January were now giving  only 16% protection, your going to be at the doctors forever with these boosters. 

Would this be the study that also said;

"The study suggested that the effectiveness of the vaccine in preventing serious illness has dropped to 80 percent (compared to over 90% before the appearance of the ultra-infectious Delta variant of the coronavirus).

It indicated the shots are 90% effective in preventing deaths."

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israels-severe-covid-cases-could-reach-400-by-mid-august-researchers-warn/

Just now, top4718 said:

One of the most exposed professions outside healthcare hasn't seen any significant serious illness or deaths from a deadly pandemic, how very odd.

It is odd when you make claims without evidence to back it up and support it. 

But you don't post links because people don't agree with you.

Oh well, all that's left to say is you are wrong....and best of all....I don't need to post a link or provide evidence. 

Just now, Longcol said:

Would this be the study that also said;

"The study suggested that the effectiveness of the vaccine in preventing serious illness has dropped to 80 percent (compared to over 90% before the appearance of the ultra-infectious Delta variant of the coronavirus).

It indicated the shots are 90% effective in preventing deaths."

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israels-severe-covid-cases-could-reach-400-by-mid-august-researchers-warn/

Your 80% percent only last a few months sunshine, natural immunity lasts longer.

I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I'd allowed a corrupt government to pump something into me that probably 3/4's of the people who have don't even know what it is, the long term effects are unknown and the companies that make it are exempt from any future disclaimers, its worse than Logans Run.

Guest sibon
14 minutes ago, top4718 said:

I'm not bothering with links 

Thank goodness for that. You never read them anyway.

And that poor old dog is still being chased by a coyote 

2 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Your 80% percent only last a few months sunshine, natural immunity lasts longer.

I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I'd allowed a corrupt government to pump something into me that probably 3/4's of the people who have don't even know what it is, the long term effects are unknown and the companies that make it are exempt from any future disclaimers, its worse than Logans Run.

A doctor writes.

5 minutes ago, top4718 said:

You don't know this because you don't do data. There is evidence out there but you haven't looked. Instead you have made assertions.