Coronavirus - Part Two.

12 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

That's a shame, cos you're going to be living in it in the near future if you don't start opposing things like compulsory/coerced vaccinations.

It is disturbing that so many on here aren't aware of that system [or, are aware of it but think the UK is somehow immune].

Exactly, NZ and France are already pushing the same narrative, we'll just sleepwalk in until its too late. I do really despair for the younger generation.

I saw a Covid Enforcement van today. 

I wonder what exactly they will be enforcing 🤔

10 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I saw a Covid Enforcement van today. 

I wonder what exactly they will be enforcing 🤔

Been around for a while. This is Rotherham in May...

Could be touring Care Homes, dragging the unvaccinated out, jabbing them, then dropping them back off.  We can't let them leave as there's a shortage of Care Home workers!

Don't forget, it you get pinged, you isolate for 10 days,... unless you are an essential worker... in which case go to work... hopefully you've not got Covid and goon to infect others!

I really do wish that all those on this thread that can see into the future could've warned us about covid 19 in 2019. 

3 minutes ago, Delayed said:

I really do wish that all those on this thread that can see into the future could've warned us about covid 19 in 2019. 

The next disease will be coming out of defrosting frozen tundra, probably Russia. I'd give it a decade at the most.

Get that hand sanitiser and bog roll in early!

3 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

The next disease will be coming out of defrosting frozen tundra, probably Russia. I'd give it a decade at the most.

Get that hand sanitiser and bog roll in early!

Oh I won't be able to. I'll have no freedom and illl have to ask the government for permission to use the loo

In other news: Scotland seems to have a well-defined peak in the flow of new cases and they're past it.

Is this an artifact or is this the real deal, that is herd immunity and lots of it?

I haven't been following the Scottish route out of lockdown which is relevant because of course "herd immunity" is always relative to a specific set of restrictions. Perhaps there is somebody on here who is well-informed and would like to comment.

If the Scots really have broken the back of this thing that is really good news both for them but also presumably for the rest of us who surely can not be lagging too far behind the Scots. For example, the peak for daily cases per capita in Scotland was not that much higher than the peak in January so we may not be far off ourselves. Fingers crossed.

I am getting my info from the Scottish Coronavirus Dashboard: https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/phs.covid.19/viz/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview .

4 hours ago, top4718 said:

Only time will tell.

"Only time will tell."

What a cop out-if you believe your viewpoint you would be providing multiple sources of current data. 

You would be able to answer at least some of the questions asked.

Instead we get "Only time will tell."- an admission that the American paid for websites that  you depend on, could be wrong.

"Only time will tell."

What a cop out, on that basis you will never need to take responsibility for promoting views that put peoples health at risk.

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Been around for a while. This is Rotherham in May...

Bingo, with all the names there

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

9 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

And in other news... 

The moon is made of cheese and Elvis is alive and working as a bus driver in Leicester. 

no, the moon is made of the same sort of rock as the earth, and suggests it's origin is a fragment knocked off the earth during the early history of the solar system.  If he were alive today. Elvis would be 86 so it's seems unlikely he would be allowed to drive a bus in Leicester or anywhere else. 

6 hours ago, top4718 said:

A social credit type scheme will be implemented, if you don't want to look at an example of where this has already happened don't complain when it does.

I'm actually embarrassed about how meekly compliant the people of this country are, what will it actually take for people to see the light.

I'm also embarrassed about how meekly compliant a tiny minority are scared by an even smaller minority into believing I'll-founded conspiracy theories.  Talk about being led by the nose down a blind alley.  

All this rubbish about the thin edge of the wedge regarding Covid Passports or a whatever they will be called, scaring a small number into believing that this will be the  basis of the UK Govt bringing in something similar that a totalitarian, one party state like China has imposed on its people is so preposterous as to be laughable.  Conspiracy theorists really do need to book themselves some time away from the Internet for a reality check. 

As for the other claims that you'll be giving the Govt all your personal details with Covid Passports, surprisingly I'd say the PM & GCHQ aren't that bothered about 99.99% of the population.   The Govt of the day over the years already know a great deal about you from the day your birth was registered, to the date they issued you with a NI number, to where people have been working via P60's. & P45's, to how to get your pensions paid to you via your bank accounts, all information people readily provide without a thought. 

This fear of providing info to the UK Govt to make a Covid Passports scheme work, doesn't seem to stop people handling over all their personal details to the likes of Mr Zuckerberg & Mr Bezos or clicking yes without reading all the T&C's when making purchases from companies, (including providing full passport details when purchasing the likes of plane tickets), without reading all the small print or clicking 'Yes, I accept all the cookies that you're now going to add' to my device. 

As for conspiracy theorists worried about the Govt being able to track them.  Shock news, your electronic devices all contain GPS, every time you pay by debit credit card, store card, log into Facebook, geo-tag a selfie, etc, or download / upload another load of nonsense from a conspiracy theorists website, people are pinpointed to where they are on the planet. 

Clearly the conspiracy theorists & their dim-witted followers aren't bright enough to understand this.  Maybe they should start corresponding by letter. 

I'm off to walk the dog.  He's got one of those chips in the back of his neck so I'll be sending him in the other direction while we're out so the PM & GCHQ can't follow me. 

Edited by Baron99