Coronavirus - Part Two.

1 minute ago, sibon said:

But you pass a driving test by acquiring a skill, not by changing your physiology.

State sponsored compulsory medicine is a touch fascistic.

What compulsory medicine?

1 minute ago, Colin Foster said:

No because you know why.

Do tell 😎

59 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

No. Back when I did frequent nightclubs, and it was a long time ago, I never got refused entrance due to what I was wearing. So my melon remains untwisted on that one.

But it happens.  And you've got to be a certain age to get in. What about the civil liberties of 17 1/2 year olds?

14 minutes ago, Longcol said:

....It impinges on your freedom to do what you like.

It would if that was true.

1 minute ago, tinfoilhat said:

But it happens.  And you've got to be a certain age to get in. What about the civil liberties of 17 1/2 year olds?

Won't somebody think of the children 🙂

4 minutes ago, apelike said:

It would if that was true.

Go on - explain.

11 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Go on - explain.

Unbeeeelievable. How can anybody dispute that the introduction of a law banning people without driving licenses from driving doesn't reduce people's freedom (to drive without a driving license)? Bizarre.

17 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Sheffield Online posted a video of a queue outside a nightclub last night/this morning, the bedwetting in the comments a sight to behold. 

Not my scene anymore but fair play, they havent been able to go for 16 months, give them a break ffs.

I watched this and thought about it for while. 

I came to the conclusion that if I was 18  I would probably had done the same thing. I wouldn't now of course, but I am now not 18 

Edited by *_ash_*
removed emoji as :hihi: doesn't work anymore

I absolutely do not criticise anyone for going clubbing. There’s a very strong chance it won’t end well though and that is down to the government.
Personally I am also very disappointed with Greg Fell. Yes, he’ll support sensible public health measures but it appears he’s a puppet. On schools in early Jan he did a video parroting ‘schools are safe’ hours before they were ordered to close.  A few months ago he attended a online event for a large employer and discussed vaccines.  At the time not many people were fully vaccinated and he described vaccines as ‘icing on the cake’ in workplaces as they just added ‘extra protection’ in ‘Covid secure’ workplaces. Sorry but that is utter tripe, and now the vaccine is available to all adults that line doesn’t get parroted anymore more. Funny that. At the end of meeting he actually said ‘I think that’s what ‘x’ wanted me to say’, with ‘x’ being the person in charge of said organisation. 
Now Mr Fell is parroting that he supports the government opening everything up now as it’s the ‘least bad’ option. No it flipping isn’t! How about waiting until all adults have had the chance to be fully vaccinated and keeping basic measures like face coverings non- optional until then for a start. He constantly goes on about how important face coverings are - so why make it optional? I hate the flipping things but at the end of day it’s a small inconvenience.

Edited by redruby

5 hours ago, butlers said:

New Data Leads To Rethinking (Once More) Where The Pandemic Actually Began

https://flip.it/CdK3_o

I believe the virus started naturally, proving otherwise will be impossible, too much politics.

A work colleague claims to have had COVID whilst working in Italy in Oct 2019. She seems to genuinely believe that. She is an over-weight smoker that had breating problems and blames it on COVID. In every aspect, we should not judge the world via our own experiences.

We should rely on science.

Hoping to be helpful to those afflicted with Covid phobia or are simply still worried about going out.

According to news (sorry can't remember which channel) predicted Covid hospital admissions (worse case scenario)  amounts to 10 people per hospital. So is that really so bad or going to overwhelm the NHS?

Deaths of Covid sufferers are now rare. 

The rising infection rate includes all people who have tested positive, (a figure which is notoriously unreliable) not the number who have reported to a hospital or even the doctor, therefore many are suffering only mild symptoms. These are mainly (but not exclusively) young people who have not been vaccinated.

So if you've had your jabs you should be OK, and you're free to wear a mask if you wish.

Life has to carry on so enjoy it.   

Edited by Anna B

2 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Hoping to be helpful to those afflicted with Covid phobia or are simply still worried about going out.

According to news (sorry can't remember which channel) predicted Covid hospital admissions (worse case scenario)  amounts to 10 people per hospital. So is that really so bad or going to overwhelm the NHS?

Deaths of Covid sufferers are now rare. 

The rising infection rate includes all people who have tested positive, (a figure which is notoriously unreliable) not the number who have reported to a hospital or even the doctor, therefore many are suffering only mild symptoms. These are mainly (but not exclusively) young people who have not been vaccinated.

So if you've had your jabs you should be OK, and you're free to wear a mask if you wish.

Life has to carry on so enjoy it.   

Thanks for a very sensible, non-hysteric reply, Anna. 👍