Coronavirus - Part Two.

Guest sibon
38 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

For once I agree with you. Well of course the jabs are not actually compulsory (yet?) but to say you need to have been double jabbed to enter a nightclub from 3 months hence with no ifs or buts and no mention of a sunset clause is wrong.

I think it’s not unreasonable to reserve the right to insist on double vaccination, if that’s the only way to keep the nighttime economy open.  But, such compulsion should only be within very strict parameters of infection rates and for a very limited time frame.

As a general rule, compulsion is a bad way to carry out a public health policy. Encouragement is the way. The state can’t tell people which treatments they must take. That’s absolutely unconscionable.

I don’t believe a word that Johnson says anyway.I suspect that this is just a device to nudge hesitant young people into getting their second jab. Imagine how it would work in practice. Or, rather, how it wouldn’t work.

6 minutes ago, sibon said:

I don’t believe a word that Johnson says anyway.I suspect that this is just a device to nudge hesitant young people into getting their second jab. Imagine how it would work in practice. Or, rather, how it wouldn’t work.

True.

10 minutes ago, sibon said:

Copying Macron yet again?

3 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Clubs definitely,  Boris said you won't for pubs. So pubs in few weeks presumably.

In other news, the percentage of people going into hospital with covid who have both jabs is 60%. That question was asked by David from Wiltshire rather than the press corps.

Stand by, vallance has misspoke. 

"Correcting a statistic I gave at the press conference today, 19 July. About 60% of hospitalisations from covid are not from double vaccinated people, rather 60% of hospitalisations from covid are currently from unvaccinated people."

Edited by tinfoilhat

1 hour ago, Colin Foster said:

Nightclubs are my idea of hell so this doesn't bother me at all. 

Just as long as they don't do the same for pubs.

That's the attitude- I don't use nightclubs therefore I'm fine with everyone who does use them being subject to compulsory injections.

I don't use nightclubs either, but I still object to nightclubbers civil liberties being damaged.

What are you planning to do if/when they make it compulsory for pubs?- cos if you were planning to object you'd maybe regret not tackling it at the start of the slippery slope.

Given that it's now compulsory for care home workers with a high liklihood of all healthcare staff next, plus now, nightclubbers, I wouldn't be feeling too smug about pubs escaping.

4 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

That's the attitude- I don't use nightclubs therefore I'm fine with everyone who does use them being subject to compulsory injections.

I don't use nightclubs either, but I still object to nightclubbers civil liberties being damaged.

What are you planning to do if/when they make it compulsory for pubs?- cos if you were planning to object you'd maybe regret not tackling it at the start of the slippery slope.

Given that it's now compulsory for care home workers with a high liklihood of all healthcare staff next, plus now, nightclubbers, I wouldn't be feeling too smug about pubs escaping.

I'm guessing the thought of night club turning you away because of what a bouncer thinks of your dress sense must twist your melon.

7 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I'm guessing the thought of night club turning you away because of what a bouncer thinks of your dress sense must twist your melon.

No. Back when I did frequent nightclubs, and it was a long time ago, I never got refused entrance due to what I was wearing. So my melon remains untwisted on that one.

22 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

They'll be making people pass driving tests, drive on the left and have compulsory insurance next.

49 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Oh don't get me wrong I do object to it as well just glad it doesn't impact me... at least for now.

If they do the same for pubs then it'll be back to drinks from the off licence. Will be a disgrace if they do.

31 minutes ago, Longcol said:

They'll be making people pass driving tests, drive on the left and have compulsory insurance next.

Not the same at all.

1 minute ago, Colin Foster said:

Not the same at all.

Explain why.

It impinges on your freedom to do what you like.

Guest sibon
6 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Explain why.

But you pass a driving test by acquiring a skill, not by changing your physiology.

State sponsored compulsory medicine is a touch fascistic.

Edited by sibon

7 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Explain why.

No because you know why.