Coronavirus - Part Two.

Guest makapaka
6 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Have they clarified what they mean here though? Does it include football stadiums? Concerts with fixed seating? Busy pubs? Its a bit vague.

Best thing to do is just stop asking questions. 

there are no answers it’s just made up on the spot.

“We’re going to re-open nightclubs!”

“really will people need a pass or a jab what with all the rising cases and that?”

“No!”

“Ok…..”

”actually you need 2 jabs”

”but you just said we didn’t?”

”not now - whilst there’s rising cases - you’ll need them in September”

”why September”

“Hands face space”

”what?”

From late September proof of 2 jabs needed to get into nightclubs.  That's the date where all over 18's would have had the opportunity to have both jabs.  So, its mandatory for youths to have both jabs - initially for access to nightclubs, then.....

31 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

In other news, the percentage of people going into hospital with covid who have both jabs is 60%.

Be careful: at least on the coronavirus dashboard, the data for hospitalised with covid includes people who are in hospital with something else who are PCR positive but not suffering any significant covid symptoms. Were it otherwise I would feel that 60% was a very high figure.

32 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

From late September proof of 2 jabs needed to get into nightclubs.  That's the date where all over 18's would have had the opportunity to have both jabs.  So, its mandatory for youths to have both jabs - initially for access to nightclubs, then.....

Its not mandatory but you already know that .

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

This may upset a few....

So, the start of the compulsory vaccinations that some of us were predicting from day 1 [while being accused of being 'conspiracy theorists' for it].

Covid Passports, Vaccination Status Certificates, call them what you want, bring them on, I've been double jabbed & I'd like to spend the majority of my time with like minded individuals who have also gone to the trouble to try & negate the chances of catching Covid, while trying to get back to some kind of normality. 

Now that the PM has announced that only those who are double jabbed, will be allowed into nightclubs from the end of Sept, expect similar for other enclosed places of entertainment & possibly places of work, where people cannot still work from home. 

Cue the expected complaints from the nightclub sector that they'll be expected to police new Covid restrictions, post-Sept.  Well no you won't.  All you'll have to do is turn away from your doors thoses not double jabbed (exemptions would / should be applied for those medically exempt) .  And such measures are not a an argument that this is FORCING people to have a jab.  Of course people can still refuse the vaccine but then they will realise that their actions / inactions, will have a consequence on their social life. 

As stated in today's briefing, around 3 million 18 to 30 who have been offered the vaccination have not taken it up.  Listening to the the radio this morning, it was revealed that a third of the population of London who are eligible for the vaccine have not had a first jab. 

Unjabbed?  Expect your social life to start being curtailed while the rest of us enjoy ourselves. 

11 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

So, the start of the compulsory vaccinations that some of us were predicting from day 1 [while being accused of being 'conspiracy theorists' for it].

Is it compulsory to go into a nightclub? I'm getting a bit old for that.

11 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Stop it please . Who has said vaccinations will be compulsory ?

Looking forward to it already. 

01/10/ 2021 - Covid Passport Day.  I've got my little bit of paper with the two vaccination dates, vaccine batch numbers & signatures, backed up with similar info on my mobile. 

See you down the pub with like minded individuals - or maybe not.  I'll have yours. 

Nightclubs are my idea of hell so this doesn't bother me at all. 

Just as long as they don't do the same for pubs.

2 hours ago, onewheeldave said:

For once I agree with you. Well of course the jabs are not actually compulsory (yet?) but to say you need to have been double jabbed to enter a nightclub from 3 months hence with no ifs or buts and no mention of a sunset clause is wrong.

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

Looking forward to it already. 

01/10/ 2021 - Covid Passport Day.  I've got my little bit of paper with the two vaccination dates, vaccine batch numbers & signatures, backed up with similar info on my mobile. 

See you down the pub with like minded individuals - or maybe not.  I'll have yours. 

There will also be lots of other people with bits of paper showing dates etc, looking every bit as genuine of yours, also in the pub with you.  You'll have the satisfaction of knowing you didn't pay for yours!

A posting on this site from a month or so ago quoted border staff stopping the occasional obvious forgery for the European Covid Certificates, but expecting that they missed most as they didn't have the staff to check them all.