Coronavirus - Part Two.

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Probably victims of the experimental jab. 

Probably not.

The Times of Israel

Vaccines in action: Over-70s now use no more ventilators than under-50s

In October the elderly outnumbered under-50s by 6 to 1; now, with vast majority of over-70s immunized, the age groups use the machines in broadly equal numbers

By NATHAN JEFFAY  28 February 2021, 6:34 pm  
Vaccines in action: Over-70s now use no more ventilators than under-50s
Medical professionals in full protective equipment tend to an elderly man on a ventilator in the critical care coronavirus unit at Sheba Medical center in Ramat Gan, Wednesday, Sept. 30, 2020 (AP Photo/Maya Alleruzzo)
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

The impact of COVID-19 vaccines has been so dramatic that elderly Israelis are currently taking up approximately the same number of ventilators as those under 50, researchers said Sunday.

In October, Israelis over 70 who needed breathing support outnumbered the under-50s by almost six to one. But now, following intense vaccination among the elderly, the ratio is 1.07 to 1

Still no actual figures, @butlers, and in Israel, which seems to be a strange country with regards to CV19.

16 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Probably not.

Time will tell. 

16 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Or, alternatively, the 'refusniks'.

You mean the sensible ones who refuse to take an experimental jab that hasn't finished trials and has no long term testing of potential side effects.

You mean those people? 

Doubtful but again, time will tell. 

It's quite easy to find the UK figure.

It's on the .gov site.

The Isreal thing was just to help show vaccine unsurprisingly means you are hugely less likely to end up seriously ill.

Some on here seem to struggle with that

Edited by butlers

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Time will tell. 

You mean the sensible ones who refuse to take an experimental jab that hasn't finished trials and has no long term testing of potential side effects.

You mean those people? 

Doubtful but again, time will tell. 

I'm not going to get into an argument on this.  You honestly believe ANY government , because remember it is not just the UK  that has vaccinated great numbers, would risk decimating their population? Sorry, don't buy it.

1 minute ago, butlers said:

It's on the .gov site.

The Isreal thing was just to help show vaccine unsurprisingly means you are hugely less likely to end up seriously ill.

OK, get you on both points, but my dislike of percentages remains - they are not a good guide. If, for example , there were 2 people on, say, ventilators, and 2 more joined them, that would be a 100% increase, but quoting actuals would be less 'newsworthy', I suppose.

3 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I'm not going to get into an argument on this.  You honestly believe ANY government , because remember it is not just the UK  that has vaccinated great numbers, would risk decimating their population? Sorry, don't buy it.

Fair enough. I can respect that. Obviously I don't agree and to answer your question, yes I absolutely do.

Have a very pleasant evening 👍

13 minutes ago, butlers said:

It's on the .gov site.

My bold. 

Some on here seem to struggle with the fact not everyone shares the same opinion. Other people are allowed to think what they like just as you are. The beauty of this argument is that eventually you will be proved either right or wrong. If you are right and this jab is safe and effective then happy days. If I'm proved right then it's brown trousers time for everyone. 

For the record I hope I'm wrong. 

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

The beauty of this argument is that eventually you will be proved either right or wrong.

I don't think this is right. I don't think we will know greatly more about the safety and efficacy of the jab in the future. Well, ... we might discover that the jab is less/ not effective against some new variant but that is not I think what is being talked about.

For example, if the jab were to have long term side effects then, unless they are on a humungous scale, we will probably never be able to establish they were caused by the jab.

51 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

'On ventilators' would be better - as would actual figures rather than percentages.

Cheers Rolling,  first thought was, putting holes in people down at the Arena   :hihi: