Coronavirus - Part Two.

6 minutes ago, makapaka said:

just out of interest - is there anybody on here that currently wears a mask on public transport or in shops that is going to stop doing so from Monday?

The latter, yes. I dont use public transport.

Edited by HeHasRisen

Guest makapaka
1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

The latter, yes. I dont use public transport.

Would you wear one if you did use public transport?

9 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Assuming the double jabs were 2 or 3 weeks ago, I'm starting to  doubt the power of this vaccine. Read a similar report in Texas- several double jabbed got covid (all over 50) one died. And there was the full range of vaccines taken, some Pfizer, some AZ (indian) some Moderna.

Like most vaccines, not 100% effective, and where its done its job there's nothing to report, no story. Where it hasn't, there's a story, so it gets reported.

4 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Would you wear one if you did use public transport?

If I didnt legally have to, no probably not.

Guest makapaka
Just now, HeHasRisen said:

If I didnt legally have to, no probably not.

My original thought was that anyone who currently wears one would continue to do so.

I will in the circumstances described above.

I understand some people have never worn them - I just assumed anyone else that thought it was necessary now would still think it necessary next Monday. 

Just now, makapaka said:

My original thought was that anyone who currently wears one would continue to do so.

I understand some people have never worn them - I just assumed anyone else that thought it was necessary now would still think it necessary next Monday. 

i am only doing it because I have to, I dont particularly enjoy having something wrapped around my face in this weather so off it will come, I dont particularly care who this upsets.

44 minutes ago, makapaka said:

There are plenty of people who wear the masks who don't consider them necessary- they wear them only because it is illegal not to. I personally know several people who really dislike the masks and are only wearing them because it is illegal not to. So I expect that quite a few people will cease masking when the legal compulsion is removed.

Edited by onewheeldave

2 hours ago, makapaka said:

just out of interest - is there anybody on here that currently wears a mask on public transport or in shops that is going to stop doing so from Monday?

Yes, if it is no longer a legal requirement then I will not be wearing one.

3 hours ago, makapaka said:

If I have to use public transport I'll be wearing one, just as I'll judge what other places I consider crowded & wear a face covering in those as well.  I just keep a mask handy. 

At the end of the day, the Govt has passed the responsibility on to the individual & in the case of transport, the transport providers & it appears to local authorities.  It may be the case that in the short-term, large retailers may also impose their own restrictions in order to protect their staff & try to limit the number of staff infections & therefore reduce the number of staff off sick or just self-isolating? 

Edited by Baron99

7 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

If I have to use public transport I'll be wearing one, just as I'll judge what other places I consider crowded & wear a face covering in those as well.  I just keep a mask handy. 

At the end of the day, the Govt has passed the responsibility on to the individual & in the case of transport, the transport providers.  It may be the case that in the short-term, large retailers may impose their own restrictions? 

Me bold.

That may prove to be discriminatory though. Under the current laws shops must allow in people who are exempt from wearing one but those people do not have to provide any form of ID etc to prove that is the case. The way I see it is when the law ends on the 19th retailers will have to allow all people to enter with or without a mask or impose restriction for all.

10 minutes ago, apelike said:

Me bold.

That may prove to be discriminatory though. Under the current laws shops must allow in people who are exempt from wearing one but those people do not have to provide any form of ID etc to prove that is the case. The way I see it is when the law ends on the 19th retailers will have to allow all people to enter with or without a mask or impose restriction for all.

My understanding of the law is that shopkeepers do not have to serve people if they do not want to unless they are discriminating by race, creed, sex, or disability.  They surely would be free to decide to say all must wear masks so long as they demanded some form of documentation to prove exemption on health grounds.  That I reckon would save them from charges of discrimination on the grounds of disability.

Guest makapaka
3 hours ago, onewheeldave said:

There are plenty of people who wear the masks who don't consider them necessary- they wear them only because it is illegal not to. I personally know several people who really dislike the masks and are only wearing them because it is illegal not to. So I expect that quite a few people will cease masking when the legal compulsion is removed.

Maybe we’re in more bother than I thought then.