Coronavirus - Part Two.

6 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I had to unignore ( is that even a word?) you just to laugh at this post. 

You think you scored a home run when in fact you swung and missed. 

😂

OK - you got me there :blush:

Now about #6867....................

Edited by Longcol

2 minutes ago, Longcol said:

OK - you got me there :blush:

No need to be embarrassed we all make mistakes. I mean, I got married once 😂

Guest makapaka

Funny set up with the symptoms /  jabs.

my uncle 62 -  double jabbed /  got Covid / not a bother on him. Lost his smell for a couple of days but coming back now.

my mate 41 - double jabbed / got Covid / high temperature can’t stop coughing - says he feels terrible.

5 minutes ago, makapaka said:

my uncle 62 -  double jabbed /  got Covid / not a bother on him. Lost his smell for a couple of days but coming back now.

my mate 41 - double jabbed / got Covid / high temperature can’t stop coughing - says he feels terrible.

Assuming the double jabs were 2 or 3 weeks ago, I'm starting to  doubt the power of this vaccine. Read a similar report in Texas- several double jabbed got covid (all over 50) one died. And there was the full range of vaccines taken, some Pfizer, some AZ (indian) some Moderna.

Against that ,quite a few different places saying the overwhelming number of hospital admissions are not vaccinated.

Take ya pick but we'll over 90%

23 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Perhaps dependent on the initial viral load?

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

Assuming the double jabs were 2 or 3 weeks ago, I'm starting to  doubt the power of this vaccine. Read a similar report in Texas- several double jabbed got covid (all over 50) one died. And there was the full range of vaccines taken, some Pfizer, some AZ (indian) some Moderna.

Doubting the power is the 1st step. The second step is to look into to safety of it. 

When you do you will be shocked. 

This isn't a mass vaccination this is a culling of the weak and the gullible. 

Just my two penneth 👍

Edited by The_DADDY

To The_Daddy.

I'd very much appreciate it if you could direct me to any scientific 

evidence, that supports your scepticism as to the safety and effectiveness of the vaccines-thank you.

I've dug out this link for you-which I think you will find interesting.

https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/psychological-medicine/article/covid19-vaccine-hesitancy-in-the-uk-the-oxford-coronavirus-explanations-attitudes-and-narrativ

My apology for the 404 error with the link. But I think you will be able to get to it through this link-fingers crossed. The link (Vac Hesitancy) is right at the bottom of the article.

https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/science-blog/covid-19-vaccine-hesitancy-uk

Edited by petemcewan

Guest makapaka
7 hours ago, Longcol said:

Perhaps dependent on the initial viral load?

I don’t know -  not an expert - just find it odd.

Guest sibon
7 hours ago, makapaka said:

The vaccines are 60-90% effective, or thereabouts. So a range of responses to infection are to be expected.

The main thing is that vaccination protects really well against serious illness. Which is consistent with the two cases you’ve quoted.

London Mayor, Sadiq Khan, is maintaining thst it will be  compulsory to wear face coverings on the London transport network, (buses, trains, trains passing through London & the Underground), regardless of the Govt lifting restrictions on the 19th July.   Transport Minister, Grant Shaps is quite happy with this situation & will leave the decision on mandatory face coverings to individual transport operators & local authorities.

Radio Sheffield were running a story this morning saying that SCC are considering such an option. 

In the short-term, it seems to be a prudent move considering the opening up of more of society. 

Edited by Baron99

Guest makapaka

just out of interest - is there anybody on here that currently wears a mask on public transport or in shops that is going to stop doing so from Monday?