Coronavirus - Part Two.

41 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Tell me whats different this December Capiche ?

The virus goes into decline over the Summer because the reproduction number falls below 1. By November it is at very low levels, however people spend longer and longer indoors with less and less ventilation by which means the reproduction number jumps to a level above 1. A reproduction number above 1 means a new epidemic emerges until new immunity once more drives the reproduction number below 1.

I should write fiction.

Edited by Carbuncle

Leave that to The Daddy ,he's more practiced

2 minutes ago, butlers said:

It's a crowded market but I am sure there is room for one more.

6 minutes ago, butlers said:

You missed out the _ 

Copy and paste this if it helps, 

The_DADDY 

24 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

It's a crowded market but I am sure there is room for one more.

Story needed -- Oh, let me try!!

Part 1

Once upon a time there was this big bad evil virus called Covid.  The Lord Boris was in charge and told all his people "Let me lock you all up for a while and I will rid you of this evil Covid".  The good people thought Boris was good, so did as they were told and were locked up, but Boris and his friends were naughty and spent their time doing other things as well as fighting Covid.

"Why are you doing naughty things like trying to sell our treasured NHS data to people for profit and stopping us from demonstrating by passing new laws and so on on the quiet instead of sorting Covid out?" a few of them said, but that was not reported by the press, as Boris was in charge of the press.  The press said Boris was good, so people believed it. 

"I've beaten Covid" said Boris, "but be careful, it may come back and I may have to lock you all up again".  People were glad to be let out, so were happy as Boris had saved them. 

Around the corner, Covid was baffled.  It hadn't been beaten, It'd been working abroad and had come back with a few relatives.......

Edited by Thirsty Relic

14 hours ago, makapaka said:

And so it goes on.

vaccines stop people dying so we can go back to “normal”.

and now all of a sudden long Covid is gonna do us all in.

Oh and variants might stop the vaccines.

wave goodbye to “normal” life / it Aint

coming back.

Did you see Panorama last night?  fake news I suppose

I have Long Covid, its not nice and its real.

Guest makapaka
1 minute ago, gamezone07 said:

Did you see Panorama last night?  fake news I suppose

I have Long Covid, its not nice and its real.

Never said it wasn’t.

14 hours ago, Carbuncle said:

The virus goes into decline over the Summer because the reproduction number falls below 1. By November it is at very low levels, however people spend longer and longer indoors with less and less ventilation by which means the reproduction number jumps to a level above 1. A reproduction number above 1 means a new epidemic emerges until new immunity once more drives the reproduction number below 1.

I should write fiction.

The R rate at the moment is slightly above 1 at the moment nationally. 

Full details: 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-r-value-and-growth-rate

We has a nation have got to try and get back to some sort of normality. I’m not a well educated man but I can understand why the government has decided that summer is the best time to lift restrictions any later than this kids will be back at school and autumn and winter will be upon us making it impossible.

17 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

We has a nation have got to try and get back to some sort of normality. I’m not a well educated man but I can understand why the government has decided that summer is the best time to lift restrictions any later than this kids will be back at school and autumn and winter will be upon us making it impossible.

Well we've got to lift restrictions at some stage & they reckon that now is better than autumn. 

The Dutch lifted restrictions about 3 weeks ago.  They have a lower vaccination rate than the UK but their PM has just apologised to the nation as their infection rate has just shot up. 

https://www.euronews.com/2021/07/12/dutch-prime-minister-rutte-apologises-for-lifting-covid-19-restrictions-early

They've now started to close establishments again. 

Edited by Baron99

40 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

The R rate at the moment is slightly above 1 at the moment nationally. 

Full details: 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-r-value-and-growth-rate

There's been a misunderstanding: I was not intending to be understood as saying R is currently below 1 but that it would drop below 1 later in the Summer. This is what the modellers anticipate.

1 minute ago, Carbuncle said:

There's been a misunderstanding: I was not intending to be understood as saying R is currently below 1 but that it would drop below 1 later in the Summer. This is what the modellers anticipate.

I wasn't having a go.  Just providing the latest info I could find.