Coronavirus - Part Two.

15 minutes ago, Fudbeer said:

Although there is undoubtedly a break between hospital cases , mortality’s and infections the fact is cases are rising at an alarming rate here and to an extent in Europe.Just wait till all the masses who are now booking holidays to Spain and the like start getting positive tests abroad and have to isolate before returning!

I can't see it happening - they'll be allowed back and meant to isolate.....  Can you really seeing Spain and others funding the care of our holidaymakers while they recover?

The holiday makers will have to insure themselves.

Surely people traveling abroad would choose to be vaccinated,if they are just relying on testing that's a hell of a risk.

A bigger issue might be vaccinated parents  but a non vaccinated child catches virus while abroad

Guest makapaka
3 hours ago, Carbuncle said:

Interesting. Do you have a source for the 10% mortality rate?

Also on a different topic (software merged it):

When the BBC says "No 10 defends PM over maskless car photo" who exactly does "No 10" refer to? Is this the same as saying Boris defends himself?

They won’t have a link cos it doesn’t have a 10% morbidity rate 

9 hours ago, butlers said:

About 300,000 a week are downloading it still now 

Think there's been 26 million total so far

I predict millions phoning their employers on Monday morning tell them they can't attend work as they've been pinged. 

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, butlers said:

UK could stop using AstraZenca's jab within DAYS

https://flip.it/XX5xnt

Might explain slow down in rate of jabs given

This is the weirdest part of all of this.

a vaccine that is apparently more dangerous than the disease for u40’s…...

Edited by makapaka

"Only people over the age of 40 are being offered AstraZeneca due to its link to rare but deadly blood clots in the young,

Oh, look, a dangerous "vaccine". 

We'll who would have possibly thought it 🙄

9 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Oh, look, a dangerous "vaccine". 

Sorry to be a punctuation pedant but I think you mean "dangerous" vaccine. You're welcome.

Edited by Carbuncle

The answer being of course us not to leave people unvaccinated but use the one that has the least potential side effects.

It's not difficult is it.

2 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

Sorry to be a punctuation pedant but I think you mean "dangerous" vaccine. You're welcome.

Thanks for your concern Carbuncle but I'm happy with my post and its punctuation 👌

3 minutes ago, butlers said:

The answer being of course us not to leave people unvaccinated but use the one that has the least potential side effects.

It's not difficult is it.

A bit like Russian roulette then.. 

No thank you. I'll pass 👍

The i newspaper is running a story today quoting Public Health England on the Lamda variant, originally traced back to Peru with the UK having a small number of current cases but which is increasingly being seen in Europe. 

PHE are stating that "There was some lab-based evidence that this variant could evade both naturally acquired immunity and vaccine-derived immunity." 

13 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

The i newspaper is running a story today quoting Public Health England on the Lamda variant, originally traced back to Peru with the UK having a small number of current cases but which is increasingly being seen in Europe. 

PHE are stating that "There was some lab-based evidence that this variant could evade both naturally acquired immunity and vaccine-derived immunity." 

And back to square 1 we shall go.