Coronavirus - Part Two.

10 hours ago, top4718 said:

Haha the fact they are trying to discredit him (Dr Roger Hodkinson) gives more creedence to what he says, Snopes is a joke.

Is Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (Royal College) also a joke.

The joke is on the online Conspiracy Theorists who invented his title who have been caught out again.

12 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Is Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (Royal College) also a joke.

The joke is on the online Conspiracy Theorists who invented his title who have been caught out again.

To be fair the conspiracy theorists have been mostly right so far.

20 minutes ago, top4718 said:

About what?

2 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

About what?

Can I ask the people who think this is all above board why any good new is rarely broadcast, NYC has dropped 99% restrictions, one of the most famous cities in the world and it doesn't even warrant a mention on MSM, odd. The BBC was also pushing the situation in India with around four stories a day not things have levelled off and are falling not a mention, does no one find this even a little bit strange?

14 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Can I ask the people who think this is all above board why any good new is rarely broadcast, NYC has dropped 99% restrictions, one of the most famous cities in the world and it doesn't even warrant a mention on MSM, odd. The BBC was also pushing the situation in India with around four stories a day not things have levelled off and are falling not a mention, does no one find this even a little bit strange?

I didn't ask about that though. I asked how which conspiracy theories have been proved right.

America are vaccinating at a phenomenal speed. And what are they still restricting - what's the 1% they aren't doing?

2 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I didn't ask about that though. I asked how which conspiracy theories have been proved right.

America are vaccinating at a phenomenal speed. And what are they still restricting - what's the 1% they aren't doing?

They're at 70% lets see if we drop restrictions if we get to that.

Its masks on public transport if you're standing they've kept.

Just now, top4718 said:

They're at 70% lets see if we drop restrictions if we get to that.

Its masks on public transport if you're standing they've kept.

So not a 99%.

What are we at? I can shop, go to the cinema, travel, go for a meal - at any time of the day as there are no curfews. I know big indoor crowds are off - what else can't you do?

1 hour ago, top4718 said:

In mathematics 'mostly right' = wrong.

In science 'mostly right' =  start again from scratch.

In engineering  'mostly right' = it does not work.

In medicine 'mostly right' = they are dead. 

In geography  'mostly right'  = you are lost.

In history 'mostly right' = you lost.

In literature  'mostly right' = fiction.

In Conspiracy Theory 'mostly right' =    (suggestions?)

You do realise that to admit that  Conspiracy Theorists are  mostly right  means that some Conspiracy Theorists are wrong.  Blasphemy!

2 hours ago, top4718 said:

Funnily enough it was on the news today that the US has now hit 600.000 deaths

1 hour ago, Annie Bynnol said:

In mathematics 'mostly right' = wrong.

In science 'mostly right' =  start again from scratch.

In engineering  'mostly right' = it does not work.

In medicine 'mostly right' = they are dead. 

In geography  'mostly right'  = you are lost.

In history 'mostly right' = you lost.

In literature  'mostly right' = fiction.

In Conspiracy Theory 'mostly right' =    (suggestions?)

Hmmm ... there is a famous quote in modelling made by statistician, George Box that "All models are wrong, some are useful." I would say it gives a pretty clear steer on how to think about science.

3 hours ago, top4718 said:

No-because sadly, bad news sells.

1 hour ago, Carbuncle said:

Hmmm ... there is a famous quote in modelling made by statistician, George Box that "All models are wrong, some are useful." I would say it gives a pretty clear steer on how to think about science.

Mathematical models are an approximation of the real world in numbers.

Newtons' model  and Einsteins' model  are radically different.

To build HS2 you only need Newtons' Model.

To get to Mars we will need Einsteins' Model.

Both models are "right" and both models are "wrong", the statistician won't  know why, the scientist will.

The Conspiracy Theorist doesn't know how a  scientific theory and a mathematical model interact.