Coronavirus - Part Two.

14 minutes ago, top4718 said:

So why does a person who entered hospital with terminal cancer and died of multiple organ failure four days later get Covid put on their death cert, they caught it in the hospital on the first day,

you do know that covid affects every major organ in the body right? if somebody with issues catches covid theres a bigger chance of them dying from whatever issue they had, if they didnt catch covid theres a good chance they might still be walking about with the issue? whether 2 weeks, 3, 4 months, a year. So covid was the catalyst for their death, hence covid gets put on the death cerficate.

Thats the problem with covid sceptics its a very very simplistic view of things, try looking more in depth than just whats on the surface.

Edited by melthebell

15 minutes ago, top4718 said:

So why does a person who entered hospital with terminal cancer and died of multiple organ failure four days later get Covid put on their death cert, they caught it in the hospital on the first day,

Chemo really does play havoc with the immune system and if you get covid you really need an immune system. Surely you can see how covid would sadly speed up a cancer sufferers demise. 

People admitted with covid symptoms were dying quicker in the autumn outbreak  than the initial outbreak.

Mean time to death 10days.

4 minutes ago, butlers said:

People admitted with covid symptoms were dying quicker in the autumn outbreak  than the initial outbreak.

Mean time to death 10days.

Sadly it was announced by his wife a well known retro computer scene person (ZX Kim) had died from complications of covid, he'd been hospitalised since February and died yesterday so some can take a long long while too. yes he had issues already, Covid exasperated his condition, did look like he was getting slightly better on one point too, awake, talking, going online etc

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

Chemo really does play havoc with the immune system and if you get covid you really need an immune system. Surely you can see how covid would sadly speed up a cancer sufferers demise. 

This person had gone into hospital for chemo but sadly died before the treatment could start, from detection of the tumour to dying was six weeks, they were fit and healthy generally, this was not a Covid death in any way, shape or form.

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

you do know that covid affects every major organ in the body right? if somebody with issues catches covid theres a bigger chance of them dying from whatever issue they had, if they didnt catch covid theres a good chance they might still be walking about with the issue? whether 2 weeks, 3, 4 months, a year. So covid was the catalyst for their death, hence covid gets put on the death cerficate.

Thats the problem with covid sceptics its a very very simplistic view of things, try looking more in depth than just whats on the surface.

This person had a huge tumour on the right of their abdomen which caused multiple organ failure, they were not killed by Covid.

4 minutes ago, top4718 said:

This person had a huge tumour on the right of their abdomen which caused multiple organ failure, they were not killed by Covid.

How do you know it was the tumour that caused multiple organ failure? im no expert in cancer so i dont generally know how it causes death, what i do know is covid can affect your organs negatively and cause organ failure.

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

How do you know it was the tumour that caused multiple organ failure? im no expert in cancer so i dont generally know how it causes death, what i do know is covid can affect your organs negatively and cause organ failure.

Covid is a mainly respiratory illness its only caused organ failure in severe cases, this guy had no Covid symptoms but tested positive after contracting it in the hospital, the tumour caused the failure as it was huge and putting strain on the major organs.

2 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Covid is a mainly respiratory illness its only caused organ failure in severe cases, this guy had no Covid symptoms but tested positive after contracting it in the hospital, the tumour caused the failure as it was huge and putting strain on the major organs.

ah the its only flu arguement

2 minutes ago, melthebell said:

ah the its only flu arguement

Unless you have pre-existing conditions are elderly or obese it is, I'd even say with the people I know that have had it it's not even as bad as the flu.

Top4718

I do not necessarily agree with the points you have been making. But this kind of  language(BMJ) is an unfortunate polemic against any questioning of the experts.

Tarring any questioning of the experts as "denalist","conspiracy" ,etc, is a polemic. The brandishing of ideology against any disagreement with them.

We need to take a long hard and detailed look-marshalling all our intelligence and individual research- at what we are being told by the experts.

Having two parallel reporting methods is unfortunate as it plays into the “What are they not telling us?” narrative of covid denialists, conspiracy theorists, and lockdown sceptics.4

Edited by petemcewan

1 minute ago, top4718 said:

Unless you have pre-existing conditions are elderly or obese it is, I'd even say with the people I know that have had it it's not even as bad as the flu.

The vast majority of people in this country are elderly or obese, most people have some form of obesity to various levels hence thinking of sugar taxes etc

I'll say it again its nothing like the flu, even younger, fitter people have had issues after having covid (its called long covid), thats the problem it affects people differently, one size DOESNT fit all. Alledgedly my eldest tested positive from work so we had to isolate, however none of us (including me at 52 and not living a healthy life for most of it, and my grand daughter who was about 3/4 months old) developed any symptoms at all. that doesnt mean it doesnt exist, that doesnt mean people arent being hospitalised from it, that doesnt mean people didnt die from it.

It could mean we are more immune from it? it could mean the test was a false positive? it could mean we were lucky? I dont know.

I did some work covering for my boss when he had it in early january, he said he felt terrible, people where he got it were hospitalised so....

2 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Rather depends on how many people you have asked the questions:

In which year did you get 'flu ?

Which 'flu variety was it?

What medical treatment was available?

How did you feel?

Which covid strain did you have?

What medical treatment was available?

How did you feel?

Now, evaluating your statistical technique, how many have you asked?

How accurate were your responses?

How many death certificates have been issued which include covid?

How accurate are the death certificates?

So even if your accuracy is 50% and you believe  the number of covid deaths would still be in the ten of thousands in the UK.