Coronavirus - Part Two.

3 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

I don't really understand the idea of 'breaking the link'. it only makes sense to me if the vaccine is somehow perfect. Weakening the link makes sense.

Substantial reduction in infections resulting in hospitalisations does it for me.

Oh I wanted to ask you @sibon what were you thinking of when you mentioned about the sequel to a pandemic (?) being more liberalism and creativity?

10 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Substantial reduction in infections resulting in hospitalisations does it for me.

Well I think we know we have the ordinary kind of substantial reduction, unfortunately we may need the extraordinary kind that can withstand exponential growth in cases.

Edited by Carbuncle

Great as vaccines are I’m not sure how many of the public know that having the first vaccine has only 33% efficacy for the Delta variant.

With the AZ vaccine its also concerning that even two weeks after the second vaccine it has only 60% efficacy.

The government are pushing for second vaccines to brought forward. And indeed my gp has brought my second vaccine appointment forward, proudly announcing that ALL their appointments have been brought forward. My appointment has been brought forward by ONE day 🙄

https://www.bmj.com/content/373/bmj.n1346

6 hours ago, butlers said:

Another good sign in South Yorks and North Notts the Hallamshire is the only hospital now handling covid patients needing admission.

There’s only been 3 or 4 patients with Covid in the RHH over the last couple of weeks,  0 in the NGH and Weston Park.

Edited by nikki-red

35 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

There’s only been 3 or 4 patients with Covid in the RHH over the last couple of weeks,  0 in the NGH and Weston Park.

Careful @nikki-red - you're bursting bubbles, from a position of knowledge. Very dangerous on here.

Guest makapaka

According to reports the common symptoms have changed now.

no longer losing smell etc but getting a headache, sore throat, runny nose or just feeling “a bit off” (their description).

sound lads……..

Edited by makapaka

3 minutes ago, makapaka said:

no longer losing smell etc but getting a headache, sore throat, runny nose or just feeling “a bit off” (their description).

sound lads……..

Using that description leads to half the population being diagnosed as positive for Covid, so we'll never be out of lockdown!  Come next year, the only businesses still trading will be Amazon, Supermarkets and fast food deliveries!

See nothing out of order with what I said ,best information we have .

Fits the pattern from the other two countries we mentioned.

Are you always so certain your numbers?

14 minutes ago, makapaka said:

sound lads……..

All this does is drive more people to get tested, increase the case numbers and keep lockdown going.

Just now, butlers said:

See nothing out of order with what I said ,best information we have .

Fits the pattern from the other two countries we mentioned.

Are you always so certain your numbers?

Maybe reiterate that it wasn't a conclusive survey, a relative of mine has Social Anxiety and was doing well with CBT, part of the treatment was encouragement to attend social occasions as much as possible, they are now totally back to square one and struggling, this will be one of many, many similar cases and some will be suffering far more as in relative terms this is a fairly mild case, if the suicide rate doesn't increase I'll be absolutely shocked.

7 hours ago, nikki-red said:

I think this is the danger when the emphasis is on the number of "cases", hospitalisations are the number to keep down and it looks like at present that's happening