Coronavirus - Part Two.

Guest makapaka
8 minutes ago, top4718 said:
13 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Ok 😂😂 if I was terrified I wouldn’t be leaving the house mate.

You might if you managed to convince yourself it wasn’t happening because people aren’t dropping dead in front of you. 

which appears to be the case.

8 hours ago, butlers said:

Sunday papers

Emergency departments are already being “overwhelmed”, according to the Royal College of Emergency Medicine (RCEM). NHS performance figures published last week showed that nearly 1.4 million patients had attended A&Es in England during May – the second highest figure recorded since the 1980s, according to Dr Adrian Boyle, vice-president of the RCEM.

Attended for what? covid? or is it non-covid ailments that they've not been getting treatment for due to the previous lockdowns?

22 minutes ago, makapaka said:

You come across as terrified.

Bizarre. Top comes across to me as one of the few people on this thread who aren't scared of the virus. He/she seems to have a good understanding of the fact that the virus is no real threat to anyone who doesn't have the risk factors that make them prone to bad outcomes if infected.

5 minutes ago, makapaka said:

You might if you managed to convince yourself it wasn’t happening because people aren’t dropping dead in front of you. 

which appears to be the case.

I’ve never once said it isn’t happening just that it’s been greatly exaggerated if you look at the amount of money some people in power are making from this the exaggeration reasons become clear. 

15 minutes ago, sibon said:

Do you wear your mask in shops? On public transport?

I get shopping delivered and haven’t used public transport since well before last March, if I “pop into” a shop I’ll ask the owner if they’re comfortable with it and most are.

2 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Attended for what? covid? or is it non-covid ailments that they've not been getting treatment for due to the previous lockdowns?

Bizarre. Top comes across to me as one of the few people on this thread who aren't scared of the virus. He/she seems to have a good understanding of the fact that the virus is no real threat to anyone who doesn't have the risk factors that make them prone to bad outcomes if infected.

At last someone can see this, thank you.

I post that A+E is busy the vast majority will be not covid just in context of increasing rates of hospitalizations with covid in last few weeks and we have already been in the loop twice of how quickly numbers can increase .

Funny enough I also work in building services and have mostly been going about my business just about as normal now the " restrictions " we are asked to observed are hardly onerous.

Edited by butlers

12 minutes ago, top4718 said:

At last someone can see this, thank you.

Perhaps the judgement of 40 million+ UK residents who have already contributed to making the country safer for themselves, strangers and deniers, is more deserving of a 'thank you'.

7 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Perhaps the judgement of 40 million+ UK residents who have already contributed to making the country safer for themselves, strangers and deniers, is more deserving of a 'thank you'.

The vaccine administered to the elderly did that, nothing else was needed after that was done months ago.

Guest sibon
26 minutes ago, butlers said:

I post that A+E is busy the vast majority will be not covid just in context of increasing rates of hospitalizations with covid in last few weeks and we have already been in the loop twice of how quickly numbers can increase .

Funny enough I also work in building services and have mostly been going about my business just about as normal now the " restrictions " we are asked to observed are hardly onerous.

Funnily enough , I spent a couple of days in A and E at the NGH last week. I’m fine now, BTW.

Everyone was wearing face coverings, that’s everyone. Everyone was social distancing in the queue and waiting room.

There was a massive wait to get in. And a longer one to get seen. Add on Covid admissions to that and we will have a real problem.

1 minute ago, sibon said:

Funnily enough , I spent a couple of days in A and E at the NGH last week. I’m fine now, BTW.

Everyone was wearing face coverings, that’s everyone. Everyone was social distancing in the queue and waiting room.

There was a massive wait to get in. And a longer one to get seen. Add on Covid admissions to that and we will have a real problem.

A lot of people have been unable to access medical treatment during lockdowns [including many cancer sufferers]. As predicted this has led to huge queues- these will continue for some time. Is it not a bit dubious to say 'add on covid admissions' [to the queues caused by the lockdowns] 'and we will have a real problem'?

Independent Sage have put out their projections with a full on Freedom Day ,it's as you would expect.

Funny enough I was speaking to a nurse  yesterday and she said waiting times at the weekend are back to normal ,up to 3 hours.

Guest sibon
1 minute ago, onewheeldave said:

A lot of people have been unable to access medical treatment during lockdowns [including many cancer sufferers]. As predicted this has led to huge queues- these will continue for some time. Is it not a bit dubious to say 'add on covid admissions' [to the queues caused by the lockdowns] 'and we will have a real problem'?

Most of the people I spoke to whilst I was queuing up had problems that could have been dealt with in local services if they existed. I needed stitches, the NGH was the only place capable. It’s a barmy situation, but the A and E problem isn’t caused by Covid. It could easily be overwhelmed by it though.

Guest makapaka
45 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

or he’s in complete denial.

Unfortunately there are millions if not billions of people who do have the risk factors that make them prone to  bad outcomes.

which is why it’s a problem. 

10 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:
10 hours ago, makapaka said:

let’s face it - we’ve got til probably end of august before we’re all back locked in the house again.

Don’t bring it forward by being a div.

I hope not - although you're not the first person I've seen say this. I'm in bother if this happens.

10 hours ago, sibon said:

I think we are near the end Maka. I hope so anyway.

Daily cases are doubling twice (quadrupling) roughly every 3 weeks (eg see Our World in Data website, set the y-scale to log to help estimate doubling times). The end of August is about 11 weeks away, so if we could keep the doublings up (we can't) we could increase daily cases by a factor of  (over) 125 ... which would be (over) a million cases a day since current rates are about 8,000 cases per day.  Such is the arithmetic of exponential growth. IF we have a lockdown to control the third wave then I think it will need to come a lot sooner. The government (Boris?) would like the third wave to run its course and blow itself out through herd immunity, acquired either through vaccination or infection. If hospitalization or death rates are going to be so high as to make this plan untenable the sooner this is realised the better.