Coronavirus - Part Two.

Im not pouring scorn on your visits , just the term "special school " . If that is true then   I  apologise . 

Guest makapaka
9 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Ok I’m guessing the virus took a look at the stadium and decided not to bother for today then, the G7 leaders are immune as well.

There’ll be fans at Wembley on Sunday as well. What’s your point?

4 minutes ago, Longcol said:

No - just far less virus in circulation than in Denmark than  the UK therefore far less chance of catching it.

I would expect G7 leaders to be tested regularly for covid.

Far less in circulation doesn’t mean anything, it only takes one person in the stadium today. 

So why can’t the rest of us test regularly and get back to the normality that they seem to enjoying?

Just now, makapaka said:

There’ll be fans at Wembley on Sunday as well. What’s your point?

Not as closely seated as the ones in Copenhagen, it was the nearest I’ve seen to a proper crowd since this nonsense began.

2 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Far less in circulation doesn’t mean anything, it only takes one person in the stadium today. 

Yes it does - far less probability that anyone in the stadium had covid - in fact as they had to show a covid passport to get in the ground then no-one should have had covid.

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/event-guide/copenhagen/stadium/

Guest sibon
17 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

You are honestly telling me its title is a  "Special school" . If it is then I am shocked .

There are ten special schools in Sheffield, Hackey. Some use the term, some don’t.

What they all have in common is a responsibility to their staff and students. In terms of Covid, the DfE have published detailed guidance. This includes requiring visitors to wear masks on corridors and in settings where social distancing isn’t possible.

Any Head not following that guidance would be very foolish.

1 minute ago, sibon said:

There are ten special schools in Sheffield, Hackey. Some use the term, some don’t.

What they all have in common is a responsibility to their staff and students. In terms of Covid, the DfE have published detailed guidance. This includes requiring visitors to wear masks on corridors and in settings where social distancing isn’t possible.

Does this apply to Infant/ Junior schools or just Y7 upwards?

Guest sibon
10 minutes ago, top4718 said:

So why can’t the rest of us test regularly and get back to the normality that they seem to enjoying?

That’s the intention. There were 18000 largely unmasked people at Edgbaston today. All had a negative LF test. All will be taking a PCR in five days. All part of trial to reopen without causing a new surge.

These things need care, attention and research. Not gut feel and some “common sense” from a graduate of the University of Life.

Getting back to near normal would be easier if everyone was playing on the same team though.

Just now, Longcol said:

Does this apply to Infant/ Junior schools or just Y7 upwards?

The guidance is here 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/actions-for-schools-during-the-coronavirus-outbreak/schools-coronavirus-covid-19-operational-guidance#facecoverings

Enjoy.

3 minutes ago, sibon said:

Or as I said before they’ve gone back to work realised the media has been exaggerating things for months and decided to just get on with things with a bit of normality, flimsy, ill fitted, paper masks won’t stop an airborne virus anyway.

I visited a place in Buxton about 6 weeks ago where they said a mask wasn’t necessary, it’d blow your mind if you found out where that was 😂

Guest sibon
16 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Or as I said before they’ve gone back to work realised the media has been exaggerating things for months and decided to just get on with things with a bit of normality, flimsy, ill fitted, paper masks won’t stop an airborne virus anyway.

I visited a place in Buxton about 6 weeks ago where they said a mask wasn’t necessary, it’d blow your mind if you found out where that was 😂

Nothing that you told me would blow my mind. 

You’ve made so much stuff up on this thread, that I default to not believing a word you say.

10 minutes ago, top4718 said:

"Buxton Brass Band Festival"?

31 minutes ago, sibon said:

Thanks for that . Just shocked  the term " Special School " is still used . 

HSE is at Harpur Hill.

Near Buxton.

Edited by butlers