Coronavirus - Part Two.

Not sure myself now.

You are right ,I am wrong just spoke to team leader at Co-op.

Mandatory for floor staff unless medically exempt

1 hour ago, FoxLady said:

No matter what your opinion on the current situation, I've just witnessed a disgraceful scene in our local Co-op store.

Two of the staff were unmasked in the store, ostensibly shelf-filling.

A customer entered, and loudly commented that the rules regarding the wearing of masks applied not only to customers, but also to staff when not positioned behind their till screens.

A loud exchange followed, with one of the unmasked staff members stating that she was exempt. The customer then asked how anyone was supposed to know?

It all got a bit fractious, before the girl - now back behind her till screen, but still very audible - responded with "Shut up, you fat b*****d".

Not nice to witness.

Wow service with a smile :hihi:

21 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Wow service with a smile :hihi:

A sacking offence imo

Sometimes I wonder if some of them have had any training 

17 minutes ago, FoxLady said:

I'd have thought so too, cressida.

I'm sure the Co-op wouldn't condone their staff swearing at a customer.

But it's OK- Makapaka says we'll get over it. 

Are you struggling to deal with it? 

No proof is needed for exemptions and if someone is going to be the type of ****** to run around shops asking why people aren't wearing masks then I'm afraid they're going to get some friction from people, this is includes but is not limited to being called a *******. 

The moral of this story is to mind your business, do your shopping and leave. If it bothers that customer too much, order the shopping. 

Would I wear a mask for an 8 hour shift? Not a chance and I don't expect anyone else too either. 

2 minutes ago, Tomm06 said:

Are you struggling to deal with it? 

No proof is needed for exemptions and if someone is going to be the type of ****** to run around shops asking why people aren't wearing masks then I'm afraid they're going to get some friction from people, this is includes but is not limited to being called a *******. 

The moral of this story is to mind your business, do your shopping and leave. If it bothers that customer too much, order the shopping. 

Would I wear a mask for an 8 hour shift? Not a chance and I don't expect anyone else too either. 

Exactly this, she got off lightly.

Interesting to see no masks or social distancing in the football crowd in Copenhagen today, do they have the non deadly strain over there.

20 hours ago, top4718 said:

Whats not to believe, I go to schools nearly every day of the week, I'm at one in Sheffield in the Meersbrook area next Tuesday morning, I won't wear a mask and the head who I met two weeks ago won't have one on either. I'm then at a special school in the Norton area sometimes the receptionist insists on a mask but once I'm introduced to the head or building manager the protocol goes out of the window, these people are seeing hundreds of kids a day along with parents but have absolutely no issues with adhering to mask wearing or social distancing, they're not dropping down ill.

Just how " Special"  was this " Special school"  ?  As far as I know , anyone who works in Education  or for the Education authority have not used this term for many years , if ever .

3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Just how " Special"  was this " Special school"  ?  As far as I know , anyone who works in Education  or for the Education authority have not used this term for many years , if ever .

That’s odd because it’s on the schools website 😂😂 the people you know are obviously not up to speed with their jobs.

10 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Interesting to see no masks or social distancing in the football crowd in Copenhagen today, do they have the non deadly strain over there.

No - but they've had far fewer cases and deaths per head of population than the UK (434 deaths per million in Denmark, 1,875 in the UK).

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

6 minutes ago, top4718 said:

That’s odd because it’s on the schools website 😂😂 the people you know are obviously not up to speed with their jobs.

You are honestly telling me its title is a  "Special school" . If it is then I am shocked .

5 minutes ago, Longcol said:

No - but they've had far fewer cases and deaths per head of population than the UK (434 deaths per million in Denmark, 1,875 in the UK).

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Ok I’m guessing the virus took a look at the stadium and decided not to bother for today then, the G7 leaders are immune as well.

Just now, hackey lad said:

You are honestly telling me its title is a  "Special school" . If it is then I am shocked .

It 100% is, peoples attempts to pour scorn on my visits to these places are going to hit the rocks every time as they are all true, I’ll have more to add by this time next week.

Just now, top4718 said:

Ok I’m guessing the virus took a look at the stadium and decided not to bother for today then, the G7 leaders are immune as well.

No - just far less virus in circulation than in Denmark than  the UK therefore far less chance of catching it.

I would expect G7 leaders to be tested regularly for covid.