Coronavirus - Part Two.

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-53443724

Health Secretary Matt Hancock has called for an urgent review into how coronavirus deaths have been recorded in England.

It follows confirmation from Public Health England that reported deaths may have included people who tested positive months before they died.

Other UK nations only include those who die within 28 days of a positive test.

Officials say the publication of daily death figures will be paused while the issue was "resolved".

A note on the government's website read: "Currently the daily deaths measure counts all people who have tested positive for coronavirus and since died, with no cut-off between time of testing and date of death.

An urgent review means they have been including people who died within 28 days of a positive test for over a year. Does that not sound alarm bells.

Guest makapaka
8 minutes ago, top4718 said:

An urgent review means they have been including people who died within 28 days of a positive test for over a year. Does that not sound alarm bells.

That was 11 months ago. 

Edited by makapaka

9 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Back in July 2020 they were reviewing the fact that anyone who had a positive test over 28 days prior to their death was included as a covid death. They excluded these.

How often do people did people have covid tests a year ago? Do people die instantly of covid ? 

Edited by Longcol

2 minutes ago, makapaka said:

That was 11 months ago. 

I know someone that died of multiple organ failure due to a tumour, they went into hospital for chemo and caught Covid, they died 4 days after but covid was on the death certificate, covid had absolutely nothing to do with their death but they will be a covid death statistic, why would that happen, surely you would want the death rates to look lower?

3 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Back in July 2020 they were reviewing the fact that anyone who had a positive test over 28 days prior to their death was included as a covid death. They excluded these.

How often do people did people have covid tests a year ago? Do people die instantly of covid ? 

A lot don't die at all of covid, heres a scenario you are terminally ill in a care home, you are taken to hospital very gravelly ill, you enter a hospital ward and catch Covid, you die a short time later from the terminal illness you went in with, your death is then added to the covid death rates. Fact.

3 minutes ago, top4718 said:

I know someone that died of multiple organ failure due to a tumour, they went into hospital for chemo and caught Covid, they died 4 days after but covid was on the death certificate, covid had absolutely nothing to do with their death but they will be a covid death statistic, why would that happen, surely you would want the death rates to look lower?

So how long does it usually take someone to die without covid when they go into hospital for chemo?

5 minutes ago, Longcol said:

So how long does it usually take someone to die without covid when they go into hospital for chemo?

I've absolutely no idea, this persons death was totally unexpected, the tumour was only detected 6 weeks before death, I'll repeat Covid had nothing to do with this death it was multiple organ failure, they are though a covid stat.

This was in September 2020 after the report stated something of this nature would not be included in the stats.

Edited by top4718

11 minutes ago, top4718 said:

A lot don't die at all of covid, heres a scenario you are terminally ill in a care home, you are taken to hospital very gravelly ill, you enter a hospital ward and catch Covid, you die a short time later from the terminal illness you went in with, your death is then added to the covid death rates. Fact.

If you're terminally ill in a care home you're usually given pallative care like both my parents who died in a care home.

5 minutes ago, top4718 said:

I've absolutely no idea, this persons death was totally unexpected, the tumour was only detected 6 weeks before death, I'll repeat Covid had nothing to do with this death it was multiple organ failure, they are though a covid stat.

Sums it up in one.

I presume your intuition on the cause of death outweighs all the medically trained professional who provide care.

Your utter arrogance

1 hour ago, top4718 said:

haha I've been in two schools in Doncaster this week and one in Sheffield, I met the head teachers and deputy heads at them all (they called them selves Principles in Doncaster for some bizarre reason) I didn't wear a mask and neither did either of the heads or deputies, strange bahaviour from there side as schools were supposed to be "breeding grounds" according to the NUT.

And everyone cheered!

Guest sibon
7 hours ago, top4718 said:

Whats not to believe, I go to schools nearly every day of the week, I'm at one in Sheffield in the Meersbrook area next Tuesday morning, I won't wear a mask and the head who I met two weeks ago won't have one on either. I'm then at a special school in the Norton area sometimes the receptionist insists on a mask but once I'm introduced to the head or building manager the protocol goes out of the window, these people are seeing hundreds of kids a day along with parents but have absolutely no issues with adhering to mask wearing or social distancing, they're not dropping down ill.

Well, let’s start with the fact that the NU T doesn’t exist. Which calls your knowledge of schools into question.

We could follow up with the fact that schools are things that I know a lot about. I do mean a lot. I can’t imagine any senior leader allowing visitors to wander round without a mask.  The guidance from the DfE is quite explicit about this. They’d be insane to risk a Covid outbreak in such a way.   It’s also almost certainly condition of your employment anyway.

And finally, you’ve hardly said anything that’s true in the the last couple of days. I don’t see why this set of fairy tales should be any different.

Edited by sibon

9 minutes ago, sibon said:

Well, let’s start with the fact that the NU T doesn’t exist. Which calls your knowledge of schools into question.

We could follow up with the fact that schools are things that I know a lot about. I do mean a lot. I can’t imagine any senior leader allowing visitors to wander round without a mask.  The guidance from the DfE is quite explicit about this. They’d be insane to risk a Covid outbreak in such a way.   It’s also almost certainly condition of your employment anyway.

And finally, you’ve hardly said anything that’s true in the the last couple of days. I don’t see why this set of fairy tales should be any different.

You might know a lot but you obviously haven’t been in one recently, what would these schools have to fear when they’ve been open for months and have seen no cases.

I will be at a school with no mask in a meeting with the head teacher at 10am on Tuesday whether you believe that or not is totally up to you but it will be happening. I’m at a sports college on Wednesday for a meet with the deputy manager, no masks were worn in our last meeting a couple of weeks ago, you really need to get out more.

5 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

And everyone cheered!

No, everyone got on with there lives with a semblance of normality, try it.

Guest sibon
3 minutes ago, top4718 said:

You might know a lot but you obviously haven’t been in one recently, 

I know that this will come as a shock to anyone still reading this thread, but you couldn’t be more wrong about that.

Well, actually, you are sort of right. I haven’t been in just one.