Coronavirus - Part Two.

3 minutes ago, sibon said:

I’m not sure that you’ll find a whole minutes worth of significance in that clip.

The 9/11 Truthers used to post you tubes that went on for hours with the comment "watch this" and had zero minutes worth of significance.

Guest sibon
9 minutes ago, Longcol said:

The 9/11 Truthers used to post you tubes that went on for hours with the comment "watch this" and had zero minutes worth of significance.

I watched the clip. I’ve summarised the important points for you, below:

1 hour ago, makapaka said:

If there were no excess deaths - how do you account for the number of deaths  in 2020 compared to previous years

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/deathsintheukfrom1990to2020

what with them being 10-15% higher than any recent year?

just a coincidence that it coincided with a pandemic?

What is very interesting from this is the fact that there were only 30k more deaths in this pandemic year than in 1996 despite a leap of 9m in population hmmmmmm.

Or against a declining death rate over a near quarter century when the variance year to year is in the order of 12,000 we suddenly get a year with 78,000 more registered deaths despite extra ordinary measures being in place.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/covid-19-how-mortality-rates-in-2020-compare-with-past-decades-and-centuries-12185275

More numbers 

11 minutes ago, butlers said:

Or against a declining death rate over a near quarter century when the variance year to year is in the order of 12,000 we suddenly get a year with 78,000 more registered deaths despite extra ordinary measures being in place.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/covid-19-how-mortality-rates-in-2020-compare-with-past-decades-and-centuries-12185275

More numbers 

Knowing the ages would be interesting.

28 minutes ago, butlers said:

Exactly, even for an arch sceptic and without relying on dubious data we can agree something 'odd' happened in 2020.

Guest sibon
22 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Knowing the ages would be interesting.

I’m not sure why it matters how old they are. But, if you think old people are dispensable, then I guess you are entitled to that rather odd opinion.

You’ll find the numbers you requested here:

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/coronavirus-excess-deaths-tracker

But they’ve probably been paid off by some intergalactic overlord or other.

4 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

Exactly, even for an arch sceptic and without relying on dubious data we can agree something 'odd' happened in 2020.

We can.

I think that oddness is characterised in a huge loss of life across the planet. More acute in areas with leaders who failed to act swiftly.

Edited by sibon

4 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

Even odder, it was outside the flu season.

Guest makapaka
9 hours ago, top4718 said:

What is very interesting from this is the fact that there were only 30k more deaths in this pandemic year than in 1996 despite a leap of 9m in population hmmmmmm.

So you can’t explain it then and have answered a question with a question.

Why did we suddenly got 80,000 more deaths between March and December last year if it wasn’t caused by Covid?

What do you think caused it?

27 minutes ago, makapaka said:

So you can’t explain it then and have answered a question with a question.

Why did we suddenly got 80,000 more deaths between March and December last year if it wasn’t caused by Covid?

What do you think caused it?

I didn't say Covid didn't exist I said its impact had been exaggerated, I asked if the age range of the dead was available, they are not indispensable but are much easier to target for protection whilst the majority carry on with normality, like we do with flu season. Once the majority of the vulnerable were vaccinated restrictions should have been lifted.

Guest makapaka
12 hours ago, top4718 said:

Incidentally he also published the graph that showed no excess deaths

So why did you quote this fella who said there were no excess deaths - I assume you agree he’s talking rubbish then.

if it’s clear that there were excess deaths last year and that they were caused by Covid?

10 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Once the majority of the vulnerable were vaccinated restrictions should have been lifted.

This is a different argument altogether to whether or not there were excess deaths.

Edited by makapaka

7 minutes ago, makapaka said:

So why did you quote this fella who said there were no excess deaths - I assume you agree he’s talking rubbish then.

if it’s clear that there were excess deaths last year and that they were caused by Covid?

This is a different argument altogether to whether or not there were excess deaths.

I'd prefer to see the data he used again first (which I can't find) you have to be very careful what you believe, what caused the excess deaths in '96 do you think?

It is a different argument but its a question that begs to answered.