Coronavirus - Part Two.

Guest sibon
Just now, top4718 said:

You said in post 5720 that restrictions had continued because people were not sticking to the rules but apparently now sticking to the rules has eradicated flu - hmmmmm

Have you considered the fact that flu and Covid have different transmission rates, different incubation periods and different proportions of asymptomatic cases?

hmmmmm.

8 minutes ago, top4718 said:

They've reopened so has the virus decided not to visit these places because they were closed last time it called?

No - they have re-opened because the risk of transmission/infection has been greatly reduced due to the vaccination programme and  other factors.

Edited by RollingJ

Just now, RollingJ said:

No - they have re-opened because the risk of transmission/infection has been greatly reduced due to the vaccination programme.

So these places have opened with no rise in cases but we still have more restrictions than anywhere else.

1 minute ago, sibon said:

Have you considered the fact that flu and Covid have different transmission rates, different incubation periods and different proportions of asymptomatic cases?

hmmmmm.

They are both transmissable by air born droplets (which most masks are useless against) so are very similar.

Guest sibon
2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Again, I agree - although I despair (and despaired) about some of the people on the other end of the scale from top4718 who made  it sound like the end of the world.

I shall be doing a couple of those things in the very near future - although the pub visits will be to ones with quality food - as I don't drink, the quality of the ale will be irrelevant.😃

I’m out and about already. I’ve minimised my hand sanitising and mask wearing although I follow a the guidance/rules. I’m also double jabbed so at very low risk.

That doesn’t stop me from behaving properly and showing respect to others. Just like most people that I encounter 

1 minute ago, top4718 said:

So these places have opened with no rise in cases but we still have more restrictions than anywhere else.

Proof, please?

Guest sibon
1 minute ago, top4718 said:

They are both transmissable by air born droplets (which most masks are useless against) so are very similar.

Thank you Dr Topp.

Tell me how you know this.

Also tell me where the flu went.

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

Proof, please?

The fact they have remained open is proof.

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

Proof, please?

Don't hold ya breathe.

That graph showing no extra deaths in2020 is looking a  bit elusive.

Guest sibon
1 minute ago, butlers said:

Don't hold ya breathe.

That graph showing no extra deaths in2020 is looking a  bit elusive.

The Lizards have paid him off

4 minutes ago, sibon said:

I’m out and about already. I’ve minimised my hand sanitising and mask wearing although I follow a the guidance/rules. I’m also double jabbed so at very low risk.

That doesn’t stop me from behaving properly and showing respect to others. Just like most people that I encounter 

Exactly like me then - but until restrictions get eased further, I won't be doing my long-distance trips. I have always shown respect, even if I think others have over-reacted - that is their choice, and hasn't affected me.

Edited by RollingJ

1 minute ago, sibon said:

Thank you Dr Topp.

Tell me how you know this.

Also tell me where the flu went.

The flu went nowhere, its usual winter cases have been added to the Covid stats at the PCR test is totally inaccurate.

Also for such a major pandemic why was the decision made to add "died with" into the stats, surely there would be enough deaths in such a catastrophe as this without embellishing them with more, don't even find that in the slightest bit suspect.

3 minutes ago, top4718 said:

The fact they have remained open is proof.

I was asking for proof that 'we have more restrictions than anywhere else'.