I REPEAT I HAVE NO SYMPATHY 😡

34 minutes ago, rogets said:

People scrambling to come back from Portugal on the tv

I have no sympathy. 

I REPEAT I HAVE NO SYMPATHY 😡

Why? 

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

Why? 

Because he is the forum contrarian who posts in threads and then scurries off to watch the fall out from a distance?

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

Because he is the forum contrarian who posts in threads and then scurries off to watch the fall out from a distance?

Ah, I see. 

Cheers for that HeHasRisen 👍

17 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Are you aware of the fact that Mr. Rogets is university educated,  and as such, his post's must be taken seriously!

27 minutes ago, Padders said:

Are you aware of the fact that Mr. Rogets is university educated,  and as such, his post's must be taken seriously!

🤣🤣😂🤣🤣🤣

17 hours ago, sibon said:

I’ve bought tickets for a variety of things in November and December. I can’t see restrictions still being needed then.

If we get 90-95% of people vaccinated then infection rates will be low enough and hospitalisations will be rare enough for us to be normal again.

In any case, I don’t see the public putting up with restrictions for much longer. 

It would be easier and quicker if the anti vaxxers just buggered off though. They are the ones that might yet stymie us.

What are  'the public' going to do?  Prior to covid I considered the public to be overly gullible to, and, overly compliant to authority. Boy, did I underestimate the extent of it!!!

I've watched the public not only comply willingly with and follow increasingly bizarre demands and limitations to their personal liberty, but then go on to demand ever more extreme rules, and, cry out for extensive punishments for anyone who declines to comply, or even expresses a concern that some of the rules may cause more harm than good.

It looks to me that the public will continue to do whatever they are told to do by the authorites, however extreme or long term that turns out to be.

17 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

And, as  The_DADDY says, "there's money to be made" in continuing with restrictions.

Yes, there is. 

There’s no money to be made by continuing restrictions.

There are no ID cards. No vaccine passports. The pubs and restaurants are open. You can travel if you want to.

We've got several industries now, based on administrating lockdowns. Vaccine passports in various forms are highly likely, as are ID cards. Pubs/restauraunts are open provided you're willing to book on an app and then be prepared to jump through the various multiple hoops in place once you arrive, as for travel- be prepared to abandon your holiday half way through if your destinations risk level is altered while you are there. 

Touting abuse of statistics ,then used the 500,000 projection without it's context.

Was only on Sunday made a big deal of " no go zones" for whites.

One area was 39 % white, the other area was 75%

17 hours ago, Carbuncle said:

How many countries will slip into the hands of a strongman  because of the carnage covid has wrought?

That’s a different issue. The political fallout from this will be fascinating.

In the past it has led to liberal and creative times.

I find the bold bit an interesting statement. What examples are you thinking of? Do you feel there is a 'rule of history' at play? If so what is the mechanism?

56 minutes ago, butlers said:

Touting abuse of statistics ,then used the 500,000 projection without it's context.

Was only on Sunday made a big deal of " no go zones" for whites.

One area was 39 % white, the other area was 75%

Daily mail - would you expect anything less? 😂