Coronavirus - Part Two.

27 minutes ago, butlers said:

What's astonishing is of the 40 lowest vaccinated counties in the US 38 are Republican majority voting.

The reverse is almost true of the highest vaccinated counties think the split is 36/4   D/R.

This week's big talking point is attacking Dr Fauci, can't  the politicians see this has a knock on that's going to end up costing lives.

It's shameless.

From memory ,Presidents Carter, Clinton,  Bush Jnr and  Obama had public vaccinations ,while the last President who spread covid denial kept quiet.

Since when did the USA have counties? 

1 minute ago, Mister Gee said:

A couple of hundred years.

Many years - it is one of their many administrative levels.

2 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

States are divided into them.

I’d forgotten about Hazzard County in the famous TV show, silly me.

32 minutes ago, butlers said:

What's astonishing is of the 40 lowest vaccinated counties in the US 38 are Republican majority voting.

The reverse is almost true of the highest vaccinated counties think the split is 36/4   D/R.

This week's big talking point is attacking Dr Fauci, can't  the politicians see this has a knock on that's going to end up costing lives.

It's shameless.

From memory ,Presidents Carter, Clinton,  Bush Jnr and  Obama had public vaccinations ,while the last President who spread covid denial kept quiet.

It would be ironic if, after losing the last election because he convinced his supporters not to use postal voting, Trump loses the next one because he convinced his supporters to not have the vaccine, resulting in them dying.

10 minutes ago, altus said:

It would be ironic if, after losing the last election because he convinced his supporters not to use postal voting, Trump loses the next one because he convinced his supporters to not have the vaccine, resulting in them dying.

Still at least his base have ready access to bleach, strong lights and the Walter Reed Medical Center. Without covid, Trump surely would have won re-election and would have had four years to work on lifting the limit on presidents only having two terms.

Guest makapaka

It’s pretty clear to me that there’s no real end to all this in terms of restrictions.

the language used is worrying- “getting peoples freedoms back” - I wasn’t aware we’d given them away?

Matter of time before we start going back to further restrictions and lockdown etc.

God preserve us from "economic with the truth" toad Matt Hancock.

Matt Hancock massively exaggerated the rate of vaccination in coronavirus hotspot Bolton in the House of Commons today.

The health secretary told MPs that jabs were going into arms in the northwest town at a rate of “tens of thousands every single day”.

I've had both my Covid jabs, although I did try to consider the potential risks before doing so and I do respect the views of people who are vax-hesitant or who are out and out anti-vaxxers. All the official advice from the Government, the Government scientists etc, was to go ahead and have the vax as soon as it was offered but I don't consider the anti-vaxxers to all be conspiracy-theorists  or paranoid lunatics - plenty of them seem to be totally rational, highly respected doctors, scientists & other health professionals who genuinely seemed to believe that the vaccine was insufficiently trialled, carried lots of potential future health risks and was just another way for the big Pharmaceutical companies and their cronies to make yet more money.

Having considered both sides of the argument, I decided to go ahead and have the 2 jabs because I naively believed that it would make me less likely to catch or spread Covid - or mean that I would be less likely to get seriously ill if I did catch Covid. I also naively believed that a large uptake of the vaccination programme would  help free us from the tyranny of lockdowns, mask-wearing and endless, costly PCR testing to travel and having to quarantine and/or isolate on return.

I now feel that I've been conned into taking the jabs, because those of us who are fully vaccinated are being treated exactly the same as those who haven't been vaccinated at all. I feel that I've taken a potentially risky vaccine, yet I can still catch or spread Covid, I still have to wear masks and abide by the remaining lockdown and distancing rules and I'm no better off or more free than I was before. Two of my friends have recently been to and returned from a holiday in an amber-list country. Both are in their 60's and in good health. One was fully vaccinated and the other has refused to be vaxxed, yet they both had to take and pay for tests on the way out and the way back and both are expected to self-isolate now they are home.

If I could go back a couple of months, I too would have refused the vaccine. Too bloody late now  - and it's my own fault for being a gullible sheep, too quick to trust the official advice! 

2 minutes ago, FIRETHORN1 said:

I've had both my Covid jabs, although I did try to consider the potential risks before doing so and I do respect the views of people who are vax-hesitant or who are out and out anti-vaxxers. All the official advice from the Government, the Government scientists etc, was to go ahead and have the vax as soon as it was offered but I don't consider the anti-vaxxers to all be conspiracy-theorists  or paranoid lunatics - plenty of them seem to be totally rational, highly respected doctors, scientists & other health professionals who genuinely seemed to believe that the vaccine was insufficiently trialled, carried lots of potential future health risks and was just another way for the big Pharmaceutical companies and their cronies to make yet more money.

Having considered both sides of the argument, I decided to go ahead and have the 2 jabs because I naively believed that it would make me less likely to catch or spread Covid - or mean that I would be less likely to get seriously ill if I did catch Covid. I also naively believed that a large uptake of the vaccination programme would  help free us from the tyranny of lockdowns, mask-wearing and endless, costly PCR testing to travel and having to quarantine and/or isolate on return.

I now feel that I've been conned into taking the jabs, because those of us who are fully vaccinated are being treated exactly the same as those who haven't been vaccinated at all. I feel that I've taken a potentially risky vaccine, yet I can still catch or spread Covid, I still have to wear masks and abide by the remaining lockdown and distancing rules and I'm no better off or more free than I was before. Two of my friends have recently been to and returned from a holiday in an amber-list country. Both are in their 60's and in good health. One was fully vaccinated and the other has refused to be vaxxed, yet they both had to take and pay for tests on the way out and the way back and both are expected to self-isolate now they are home.

If I could go back a couple of months, I too would have refused the vaccine. Too bloody late now  - and it's my own fault for being a gullible sheep, too quick to trust the official advice! 

Don't be hard on yourself. You aren't the 1st person taken in by this whole thing and you won't be the last. 

Seen today's figures about the 12,000 plus confirmed cases and the relative rates of hospitalization?

93 percent of nhs staff have been vaccinated.

Plenty of the anti vax people are spreading outright untruths  to be generous.