Coronavirus - Part Two.

Guest makapaka

Just another pointless media panto today then?

6 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Cummings is now desperately trying to save his own skin by throwing as much mud as he can and hoping some sticks.

There's something not right about a man who posts a chain of 65+ posts on Twitter.

He acted like he was untouchable and the new Alistair Campbell when he worked for the government and alienated the British public with his tales. Now he wants us to believe him?

He'll most likely run himself over with the bus he's trying to throw Boris and co under.

He didn't excuse himself from what happened. 

1 hour ago, hobinfoot said:

Reality or revenge?  I think it’s the  latter.

Does it alter the reality of happened even if he's motivated by revenge? He seemed even more critical of Hancock

Edited by Mister M

I can easily tell in the comments, who actually watched it,

and who just watched the news.

Cummings; a man who can tell you for a fact that he advised Johnson not to take part in COBRA meetings; can tell you exactly when & where Hancock said & did something; can reel off dates of when SAGE met & what was discussed, yet when asked if he personally sat in on COBRA meetings, he can't remember? 

And as for now hinting that he & his family travelled North, due to his perceived threats to his London home, breaking COVID rules at the time but hinting that it was with the blessing of Johnson, all of which he failed to mention in his public 'apology' last year, pathetic!

All this 'Everyone else is to blame' yet he was in the room at the same time & was a senior Govt advisor who relished his role & the power he wielded.  It's reminiscent of the old "I was only following orders" defence. 

It can all be summed up in a few words.  Disgruntled ex-employee has axe to grind yet fails to recognise their part in past mistakes. 

Edited by Baron99

28 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

I can easily tell in the comments, who actually watched it,

and who just watched the news.

I have watched some of the interview not the whole five hours of it on YouTube.  I don't like Cummings but I think most of what he has said is true the government were more interested in the economy than lives hence the late lockdown in March 2020 the virus was very likely already in the UK in January spreading until reaching the high numbers in early March. Why did they still allow flights into the UK knowing what was happening in Wuhan and later Italy?

The warning signs were there but did nothing about international travel giving the virus the green light to spread in the UK. They also knew an pandemic was on the horizon but did not stock pile PPE  but instead were hoping for the best.

Let the bodies pile high - herd immunity plan was on the table. 

16 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

And as for now hinting that he & his family travelled North, due to his perceived threats to his London home, breaking COVID rules at the time but hinting that it was with the blessing of Johnson, all of which he failed to mention in his public 'apology' last year, pathetic!

and yet . . . Shagger Boris chose to publicly support and defend Cummings, instead of sacking him immediately.

They deserve each other.

Edited by The Joker

17 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Cummings; a man who can tell you for a fact that he advised Johnson not to take part in COBRA meetings; can tell you exactly when & where Hancock said & did something; can reel off dates of when SAGE met & what was discussed, yet when asked if he personally sat in on COBRA meetings, he can't remember? 

It can all be summed up in a few words.  Disgruntled ex-employee has axe to grind yet fails to recognise their part in past mistakes. 

Selective memory syndrome?

Correct.

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

All this 'Everyone else is to blame' yet he was in the room at the same time & was a senior Govt advisor who relished his role & the power he wielded.  It's reminiscent of the old "I was only following orders" defence. 

Could not agree more the man has zero respect.Its classic disgruntled ex employee stuff.Everyone I know dislikes him and the way he has conducted himself both  during lockdown and with this. Can not see voters giving him any credibility

31 minutes ago, Fudbeer said:

Could not agree more the man has zero respect.Its classic disgruntled ex employee stuff.Everyone I know dislikes him and the way he has conducted himself both  during lockdown and with this. Can not see voters giving him any credibility

I'm not entirely sure it matters whether they do or not.  All he's done is confirmed what many people suspected. Once the initial excitement of the vaccine and ability to lick strangers again has worn off, people will start to think a little more about the overall government performance. 

If there are a few more mishaps then that will start to undermine whats left of the government's reputation.  There is also the downside to having a large majority and this is with a large pool of possible candidates there will be those who think they deserve promotion but dont get it and they will eventually start to agitate for a change at the top. Couple that with those who weren't particularly loyal to begin with, those who think they should be at the top and those angry over being demoted then you end up with the sort of internal party civil war which seems to come at the end  of every administration. 

All it needs then is an opposition party which looks like it can form a government and that's it at the next election. 

Guest makapaka

Anyone watching dominic Cummings and believing what He says needs their bumps felt /

- and that’s not a defence of the worst government you could ever wish for.

this is panto for the media. 

Don’t take it serious - just vote em out as soon as you’re able.

11 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Anyone watching dominic Cummings and believing what He says needs their bumps felt /

To replace them with who exactly???     That is one of the biggest problems.

15 minutes ago, makapaka said:

My thoughts exactly!