Coronavirus - Part Two.

Families who lost loved ones to this virus have an right to know if this government is guilty of negligence in it's handling of the pandemic. Cummings has some of the answers yes he's arrogant but people need to know what really happened in number ten so many questions need answering. 

5 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

... oh and I do wonder whether vaccine hesitancy has been enhanced because people perceive government (and media) advice to be unreliable due to a lack of government integrity.

The vaccines were produced very fast plus news reports on blood clots and strokes have lead to some hesitancy plus the government sending out mixed signals. 

13 minutes ago, GabrielC said:

The vaccines were produced very fast plus news reports on blood clots and strokes have lead to some hesitancy plus the government sending out mixed signals. 

Yes ... but also the government and the media were quite slow on the blood clots story even though Britain should have had the best data because of how many Britons had had the AZ vaccine. I find it more reassuring when the authorities rush to get bad news out there rather than start off with a 'nothing to see here' and only release bad news when they are forced too. It is more reassuring because it shows candour.

It will all be forgotten very quickly imo.

Whats important is what Boris did not what he may have discussed in private. conversations where we don’t know the full transcript of what was said could easily be taken out context.

To me a private conversation with your boss should remain that way private.

27 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

Yes ... but also the government and the media were quite slow on the blood clots story even though Britain should have had the best data because of how many Britons had had the AZ vaccine. I find it more reassuring when the authorities rush to get bad news out there rather than start off with a 'nothing to see here' and only release bad news when they are forced too. It is more reassuring because it shows candour.

That is spot on! More damage is done in the longer term through lost trust when this happens. Treating adults like children is not the way to do things!

I think it’s quite possible the full reopening scheduled for 21 June may have to delayed due to variants and increasing cases (definitely not a certainty but not completely unlikely either) But recent spin says otherwise.  

1 hour ago, Fudbeer said:

It will all be forgotten very quickly imo.

Whats important is what Boris did not what he may have discussed in private. conversations where we don’t know the full transcript of what was said could easily be taken out context.

To me a private conversation with your boss should remain that way private.

So no government transparency or accountability at all then?

10 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

They should be held accountable for their policies not what was discussed in private.

12 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

You mustn’t criticize the infallible Spaffer the great, can you imagine the newspapers tomorrow if this had been the chief adviser to a Labour PM?

5 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Cummings is now desperately trying to save his own skin by throwing as much mud as he can and hoping some sticks.

There's something not right about a man who posts a chain of 65+ posts on Twitter.

He acted like he was untouchable and the new Alistair Campbell when he worked for the government and alienated the British public with his tales. Now he wants us to believe him?

He'll most likely run himself over with the bus he's trying to throw Boris and co under.

I don't think Cummings is trying to save his own skin, as much as he wants to damage Shagger Boris and the current government.

You'd expect Cummings would understand that slagging off your former employer is never a good idea, but I guess he just wants to increase his media profile before going on to greater (or worser) career opportunities . . .

I doubt Cummings will be out of work for long though.  I'm sure there are plenty of dodgy but well-connected PR / Media / Consultancy organisations that would happily employ him.  Yes, just like Cambridge Analytica.

Edited by The Joker

Reality or revenge?  I think it’s the  latter.

Edited by hobinfoot

5 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

I can't stand the man but I felt he answered alot "straight" - how true they are I don't know, he also offered some interesting insights and there was some valid points in there - johnson and corbyn shoukdnt have been the best two on offer! It was fascinating telly though.

I then heard Johnson on PMQs and he failed to answer anything, just banged on about vaccines and how Labour are rubbish. Didn't matter what the question was. I had to turn it off.

I think the important thing that's being missed here is that Boris Johnson failed to answer in Parliament today whether he said "only 80 year olds are dying of it" in discussions about the second lockdown. Here's how it goes if he didn't say it:

"Did you say that?"

"No"

and here's how it goes if he did say it:

"Did you say that?"

[answers different question]

He said it. It's obvious he said it. If he didn't say it, he would have just said 'no'. Anyone who supports this man after this is just vermin.

8 minutes ago, Fudbeer said:

They should be held accountable for their policies not what was discussed in private.

But what they discussed in private happened. If im honest the "thousands of bodies" comment doesn't bother me. That's typical bombastic Johnson. Ministers lying to other ministers bothers me and it should bother you.

39 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

Reality or revenge?  I think it’s the  latter.

why or? it could be and

Edited by andyofborg