Coronavirus - Part Two.

Breaking new if you have not already heard it.

Boris has announced that there will be a full public enquiry into the handling of the coronavirus pandemic held in spring 2022.

2 minutes ago, apelike said:

Breaking new if you have not already heard it.

Boris has announced that there will be a full public enquiry into the handling of the coronavirus pandemic held in spring 2022.

I predict 3 things.

It will cost a huge amount of taxpayers  money.

It will take a ridiculous amount of time to complete.

Nothing will be learnt from it.

Guest makapaka
2 hours ago, Fudbeer said:

I predict 3 things.

Yep.

But at least it should please many on here who have been crying out loud for one.

Guest sibon

Maybe they could model this enquiry on the Grenfell Tower one. That seems to be doing such a good job of uncovering the truth, holding people to account and allowing the victims to move on with their lives.

(For the avoidance of doubt, I was being heavily sarcastic)

3 hours ago, Fudbeer said:

I predict 3 things.

You forgot one thing......

"No action will be taken to prevent it happening again" 

This is one of main fundamental problems with people in power, they talk a lot but doing very little to solve any issue.

They love wasting money and valuable time...

3 hours ago, apelike said:

But at least it should please many on here who have been crying out loud for one.

Does he deserve a medal for condescending to allow an inquiry into just how 150,000 of his citizens lost their lives to the pandemic? One of the worst death tolls of any country in the world. 

I mean it's not as if we're an island country, and Johnson wasn't elected on a ticket of 'getting Brexit done' that our borders were left wide open to the disease; that he and his ministers are relaxed about claiming credit for workers in the NHS organising people's vaccinations; that the track and trace was so woefully inadequate; that his ministers only excelled in ensuring their mates were awarded juicy PPE contracts irrespective of their experience in producing PPE; or even that he ignored scientific advice and locked down too late, or raised people's hopes about Christmas, only to see a spike in cases just after Christmas.

24 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Does he deserve a medal for condescending to allow an inquiry into just how 150,000 of his citizens lost their lives to the pandemic? One of the worst death tolls of any country in the world. 

I mean it's not as if we're an island country, and Johnson wasn't elected on a ticket of 'getting Brexit done' that our borders were left wide open to the disease; that he and his ministers are relaxed about claiming credit for workers in the NHS organising people's vaccinations; that the track and trace was so woefully inadequate; that his ministers only excelled in ensuring their mates were awarded juicy PPE contracts irrespective of their experience in producing PPE; or even that he ignored scientific advice and locked down too late, or raised people's hopes about Christmas, only to see a spike in cases just after Christmas.

I'd like to bet that the Public Enquiry finding are somewhat different from the above!  This of course will surprise precisely no-one!

49 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I think you may have missed a few things out in that rant. Can't see any mention of Cummings or any links to the Guardian either.

26 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

I'd like to bet that the Public Enquiry finding are somewhat different from the above!  This of course will surprise precisely no-one!

I agree and anyone with any sense can see that. The problem now is from those who were annoyed he didn't agree to one at the time as now he has announced one and they have got what they wanted the results will obviously be a whitewash and not to their liking despite it being independant.

10 minutes ago, apelike said:

I agree and anyone with any sense can see that. The problem now is from those who were annoyed he didn't agree to one at the time as now he has announced one and they have got what they wanted the results will obviously be a whitewash and not to their liking despite it being independant.

Can you name one successful major public enquiry that didn't need at least two attempts to get right?

6 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Can you name one successful major public enquiry that didn't need at least two attempts to get right?

What is right? The outcome that you are happy with?