Coronavirus - Part Two.

1 hour ago, Cyclecar said:

Alternatively, as the NHS administered the jabs, they could provide you with a loose page to put in your passport detailing the date and product (for a modest fee).

Does that sound reasonable? 

Isn't that what used to happen. I seem to remember my old blue passport having a number of pages at the back detailing which vaccinations I had to have stamped to enter a specific country.

Edited by apelike

1 hour ago, Cyclecar said:

I agree with the general opinion of Covid passports, they will only cause grief as various jobsworths demand to see them for no reason at all.  However, the Government (of any hue) is in a bit of a dilemma. If another country - say Australia - mandates that all foreign persons entering that country show proof of vaccination, what do you do if you want to go?

If you are travelling abroad, then you have to respect the laws of this country - doubly so in the era of Covid.  Many countries are signing up to forms of Covid certification, and visitors need to respect that, and to watch out for the very many "fake" certificates that this inevitably gives rise to.  Our border officials have been seeing many fake certificates from people trying to enter our shores recently, so we need to be vigilant.  If they are catching some, how many are good enough to escape detection? 

I think we still need to be very careful who we allow into our country, and focus any remaining elements of the discredited "track and trace" on visitors, with regular testing.  If not, we can expect more spikes and more variants.

As Covid can be passed from humans to cats (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-56821770) and many people around the word eat cats (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-39577557) can humans catch Covid from eating cats?  If so, would it by-pass any vaccination, and could the cat-eater transmit it to other humans?

17 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

As Covid can be passed from humans to cats (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-56821770) and many people around the word eat cats (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-39577557) can humans catch Covid from eating cats?  If so, would it by-pass any vaccination, and could the cat-eater transmit it to other humans?

:loopy: :lol:

Who eats cats? :hihi: 

16 minutes ago, Mr Allen said:

:loopy: :lol:

Who eats cats? :hihi: 

I did give a reliable source.....

Just now, Thirsty Relic said:

I did give a reliable source.....

🤣😂

Many South Koreans and some provinces of China eat cats.  If you don't like my source, Google it and look it up for yourselves.

11 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Many South Koreans and some provinces of China eat cats.  If you don't like my source, Google it and look it up for yourselves.

Yeah but last time I checked, South Korea and China aren't in the UK! :lol:

Also, your source was the BBC, they think Leeds is the centre of the Universe! :loopy:

Edited by Mr Allen
More detail.

4 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

I am aware, @Thirsty Relic- my laughs were more re: your 'reliable sources' comment.

9 minutes ago, Mr Allen said:

Yeah but last time I checked, South Korea and China aren't in the UK! :lol:

Also, your source was the BBC, they think Leeds is the centre of the Universe! :loopy:

OK - I get your point about the BBC, but then you are free to Google it and find other sources. 

Although South Korea and China are not in the UK (I never suggested that they were), we may be an island, but that does not stop us getting any disease or virus  strains originating in other countries (as we all know to our cost).

Don't see why it should be, the vaccine seems to be working, cases, deaths, severe problems seem to be falling, and I don't always trust the doom-mongers.