Coronavirus - Part Two.

Guest sibon
6 hours ago, apelike said:

It's not a quote at all. It's a bit like Vera down the road saying a friend of hers heard a friend saying Boris said it so it must be true, too many gullible people on here me thinks that like to think it is....

It is presented as a quote on the front page of The Daily Mail. 

If it isn’t true, I’m sure that we can all look forward to Johnson launching legal action later today.

The link to the online mail story is here :

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9510133/Boris-Johnson-said-bodies-pile-high-order-lockdown-sources-claim.html

What's interesting (well, to me anyway 😛) is looking at the comments section. Normally, the comments section is chock full of people who would support Boris no matter what he'd done. Whilst there is still a number of them, for a change there is also quite a large contingent critical of him. Very rare to see that in the mail.

22 hours ago, Arnold_Lane said:

You think you look too scary for anyone to tangle with you?

Interesting that you assume the only way for someone to stand up for themselves is by looking physically scary.

12 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Interesting that you assume the only way for someone to stand up for themselves is by looking physically scary.

"I personally have had zero 'grief' in enclosed spaces when not wearing a mask- I suspect that is because anyone attempting to give me grief would get plenty back, and it probably shows."

I don't.  But what did you mean by "grief" then?

22 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

"I personally have had zero 'grief' in enclosed spaces when not wearing a mask- I suspect that is because anyone attempting to give me grief would get plenty back, and it probably shows."

I don't.  But what did you mean by "grief" then?

They read all their posts from here out loud?

11 hours ago, Mister M said:

Anyway, the Daily Mail, which is hardly left wing, is quoting Johnson as saying it. So you can't even complain that it's all 'left wing stirring'.

The Daily Mail have reported a quote that was allegedly overheard by someone and that is all and Johnson has denied it, and no matter what spin the news rags put on it it does not make it true but the gullible are prepared to accept that it is factual and true.

5 hours ago, sibon said:

If it isn’t true, I’m sure that we can all look forward to Johnson launching legal action later today.

Why when its just hearsay and gossip reported from several sources, notice the bit in the Mail that states "sources claim". All this is is another bit of supposed news just to sell a rag.

Edited by apelike

12 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Well, occupents in 3 out of 5 houses cannot muster the strength to wear a mask to go and do a bit of shopping or ride a bus, which makes me wonder how difficult their lives are, and no doubt will be in the future once all this has blown over, its very sad. 

And to have so many afflicted in such a small area made me think there might be something environmental at play - its at odds with my locale.

Like I said you're very lucky. 

Guest sibon
27 minutes ago, apelike said:

Why when its just hearsay and gossip reported from several sources, notice the bit in the Mail that states "sources claim". All this is is another bit of supposed news just to sell a rag.

A comment like that can do serious damage to the reputation of a public figure. I’d expect an upstanding, honest and honourable man like Johnson to take steps to protect his integrity.

27 minutes ago, apelike said:

The Daily Mail have reported a quote that was allegedly overheard by someone and that is all and Johnson has denied it, and no matter what spin the news rags put on it it does not make it true but the gullible are prepared to accept that it is factual and true.

It's clearly not established as a fact. Is it the sort of thing he might say, based on our experience of other things he has said in the past? Absolutely.

There are two sets of the gullible here: those who immediately take it as fact, because it suits them to do so, and those who immediately write it off as a newspaper fabrication, because it suits them to do so.

1 hour ago, Delbow said:

It's clearly not established as a fact. Is it the sort of thing he might say, based on our experience of other things he has said in the past? Absolutely.

There are two sets of the gullible here: those who immediately take it as fact, because it suits them to do so, and those who immediately write it off as a newspaper fabrication, because it suits them to do so.

But which is the more plausible given the press likes to stir things up. I'm all for truth and not hearsay BTW and unless it is proven as fact then I will dismiss it because of that and not because it suits me to.

Edited by apelike

Guest makapaka
9 hours ago, sibon said:

A comment like that can do serious damage to the reputation of a public figure. I’d expect an upstanding, honest and honourable man like Johnson to take steps to protect his integrity.

I can’t stand boris Johnson - he’s a disgrace.

I can’t see anything that would benefit him from having bodies piled up in the streets tho - it would gain him no political advantage whatsoever.

Guest sibon
12 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I can’t stand boris Johnson - he’s a disgrace.

I can’t see anything that would benefit him from having bodies piled up in the streets tho - it would gain him no political advantage whatsoever.

I don’t think he wanted the bodies to pile up.

But it’s a callous thing to say. And it says a lot about his unpleasant character that he said it.

You can take the boy out of Eton, but you can’t take Bullingdon out of the boy.