Coronavirus - Part Two.

Diabetes being the biggest call on the NHS unquestionably.

Terrifying ongoing cost of that.

Just now, makapaka said:

What if I said I’d like people who go to the pub to wear a lanyard - whether they wear Masks or not.

they’re more likely to have been around a number of people.

I could avoid you then.

Please do . 

Guest makapaka
7 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Please do . 

Make sure you wear a lanyard so I can.

15 mins for that stunning rebuke.

You need to up your game

Guest sibon
46 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I’m more concerned about the people in the pub drinking - bad for your kidneys - which are susceptible in a bad Covid  infection - using up valuable hospital beds.

id like them to wear a lanyard so I can make sure I know who they are - it’s courteous, protects others and provides clarification.

Thing is, their kidneys are their own business.

The air they breathe out and it’s associated pathogens, are the business of anyone within a few metres.

That’s  a significant difference, but not one that I’m expecting you to either comprehend or acknowledge.

42 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

But it does overload the NHS.

It doesn’t. And it certainly doesn’t increase exponentially. See previous posts about transmissibility 

There's so many exemptions for not wearing a face covering in this country that I think we could all fit into one of the categories if we insisted. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own#exemptions

It is no surprise that we are arguing about masks. The neoliberal project insised that there was no such thing as society and that there's no alternative. And we ordinary folk were expected to wear a cheery smile as our familiar world was dismantled around us. We were no longer members of a community. Forced instead to compete with everyone, our neighbours and colleagues became opponents, our friendly smiles were wearing thin. We were forced to assume a disguise, the only radiant expressions left to us were the happy faces seen on the adverts for designer cosmetics, volume produced alcoholic beverages or branded clothing. The NHS became a brand behind which front-line staff, smiling to order just as MacDonalds workers had been forced to do before them, assumed a grim, professional demeanour even as they watched their status, their pay and their terms and conditions eroded through internal competition and privatisation hollowed out their role.

Meanwhile, the cosmetics and clothing barons, the mass brewers and their political fixers that we call MPs assumed the bland dark suit and tie, the sober frock, the understated accessory as they arranged social devastation on behalf of the billionaires. Everyone is in disguise these days. Where is our authentic self? Where have our communal instincts gone? How have we allowed our services, our high streets and our neighbourhoods to be drained of resources as the rich grow fat on excess and cabinet ministers line the pockets of their billionaire donors?

5 hours ago, Baron99 said:

There's so many exemptions for not wearing a face covering in this country that I think we could all fit into one of the categories if we insisted. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own#exemptions

From the link-

[people who are exempt]

children under the age of 11 

people who cannot put on, wear or remove a face covering because of a physical or mental illness or impairment, or disability

where putting on, wearing or removing a face covering will cause you severe distress

if you are speaking to or providing assistance to someone who relies on lip reading, clear sound or facial expressions to communicate

to avoid harm or injury, or the risk of harm or injury, to yourself or others ‒ including if it would negatively impact on your ability to exercise or participate in a strenuous activity
police officers and other emergency workers, given that this may interfere with their ability to serve the public

Clearly, most people do fit fit into any of the above categories. 

17 hours ago, onewheeldave said:

I personally have had zero 'grief' in enclosed spaces when not wearing a mask- I suspect that is because anyone attempting to give me grief would get plenty back, and it probably shows. 

You think you look too scary for anyone to tangle with you?

Just how scary can someone who gets distressed seeing others wearing masks look?  Given that most people are wearing face coverings, I'd expect you to look like a frightened rabbit out there.  Unless of course, this "distress" is all a load of rubbish and the real reason is the paranoia you have about "state control."

Edited by Arnold_Lane

Guest makapaka
14 hours ago, sibon said:

Thing is, their kidneys are their own business.

The air they breathe out and it’s associated pathogens, are the business of anyone within a few metres.

That’s  a significant difference, but not one that I’m expecting you to either comprehend or acknowledge.

Not one they’re clogging up hospital beds with alcohol related illnesses they aren’t.

Also how is a lanyard going to prevent them breathing out pathogens?

I dare say if black death struck you would be ," yes but them mead drinkers are my real worry"

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, butlers said:

I dare say if black death struck you would be ," yes but them mead drinkers are my real worry"

No not at all.

I just don’t believe we should force people to wear lanyards around their neck to display their health status.