Coronavirus - Part Two.

Guest makapaka
4 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Asthmatics can't smoke? Smoking is an addiction, by definition difficult to quit even if the victim realises they are damaging his/her health. The fact that she had a cigarette does not mean she didn't have asthma.

I’m more concerned about the people in the pub drinking - bad for your kidneys - which are susceptible in a bad Covid  infection - using up valuable hospital beds.

id like them to wear a lanyard so I can make sure I know who they are - it’s courteous, protects others and provides clarification.

Edited by makapaka

7 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Oh well that’s it then - the arguments won on the basis that you saw a woman in the pub pretend to have asthma.

Or maybe she doesn’t - but has a bad chest cos of smoking.

I know the woman I spoke about and everyone in the pub knows her . She used asthma as an excuse .

2 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I’m more concerned about the people in the pub drinking - bad for your kidneys - which are susceptible in a bad Covid  infection - using up valuable hospital beds.

id like them to wear a lanyard so I can make sure I know who they are - it’s courteous, protects others and provides clarification.

You really are ridiculous 

Guest makapaka
1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

I know the woman I spoke about and everyone in the pub knows her . She used asthma as an excuse .

So because of her - you support every genuine person to wear a lanyard round their neck to prove they aren’t using it as an excuse?

why didn’t you stay at home and not go to the pub?

Edited by makapaka

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

But you didn't want to mention that in your initial post? ;)

As far as I know kidney disease is not transmissible.

1 minute ago, butlers said:

But it does overload the NHS.

Guest makapaka
3 minutes ago, butlers said:

No it’s not - but if we lived healthy lifestyles - it wouldn’t be as dangerous if you caught it.

Edited by makapaka

3 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

But you didn't want to mention that in your initial post? ;)

Would it have made a difference ?

Yes but it's the transmission to others in a public area that's the issue in hand.

10 minutes ago, butlers said:

Yes but it's the transmission to others in a public area that's the issue in hand.

Transmission isn't the main  problem- colds and many other minor viruses are transmitted. With covid it's the harm it does when received- and it is very relevant that the health of the average adult in the UK/US is abysmal, with lifestyle diseases like type 2 diabetes, obesity, heart disease etc being rampant, and people with those conditions being especially susceptible to harsh effects from covid.  

Arguably, the best defence a nation can have against covid, is a fit, healthy population, with very low rates of lifestyle diseases like type 2 diabetes, obesity, heart disease- something to think about and prioritise if we genuinely want to tackle future epidemics rather than 'manage' them with economy destroying lockdowns.

Incidently, despite all the focus on the number of deaths being attributed to covid- they are minute in comparision to the toll from  lifestyle diseases like type 2 diabetes, obesity, heart disease- a toll that has been around  for decades and looks to set to continue into future ones.

Edited by onewheeldave

Guest makapaka
9 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Would it have made a difference ?

What if I said I’d like people who go to the pub to wear a lanyard - whether they wear Masks or not.

they’re more likely to have been around a number of people.

I could avoid you then.