Coronavirus - Part Two.

Me and my good lady are both exempt from mask wearing but not being selfish , we always wear one .  

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Me and my good lady are both exempt from mask wearing but not being selfish , we always wear one .  

Presumably the implication being that mask exempt people not wearing a mask are being selfish??

5 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

That's entirely your choice and your good ladies choice of course but if you both decide not to wear one how does that make you selfish? 

Guest sibon
6 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Why should they?

Courtesy. To help others. To clarify. 

There are many reasons for wearing a lanyard if you can’t wear a mask.

I don’t like wearing a mask, but I do it because it is helpful. We are still in the midst of a massive health crisis.

Guest makapaka
5 minutes ago, sibon said:

I don’t like wearing a mask, but I do it because it is helpful. We are still in the midst of a massive health crisis.

How is making people wear a lanyard displaying courteousness, helping others and for what reason do they need to provide clarification?

if i disagree with something you do or can’t do - am I entitled to demand you wear a lanyard to show why you are/n’t doing it?

Edited by makapaka

2 minutes ago, sibon said:

Scenario- shop assistant/manager 'excuse me sir/madam, have you got your mask'

reply- 'I am exempt'.

A corteous response. A very clear response. 

There was a big rally in London today of antilock FREEDOM types.

Hardly a mask to be seen in the crowds.

Was very pleased the one in Sheffield last week  had approx 16 people attend

11 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Presumably the implication being that mask exempt people not wearing a mask are being selfish??

No Dave . The implication being that some people who are Not mask exempt do not wear masks , they are the selfish ones . . Last year in the pub girl not masked stood up , she was asked to wear mask , said she was exempt as she had asthma and then went outside for a cigarette .

Guest makapaka
Just now, hackey lad said:

No Dave . The implication being that some people who are Not mask exempt do not wear masks , they are the selfish ones . . Last year in the pub girl not masked stood up , she was asked to wear mask , said she was exempt as she had asthma and then went outside for a cigarette .

Should we get her to wear a smokers lanyard aswell then?

4 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Should we get her to wear a smokers lanyard aswell then?

Stop being silly. She was blatantly using  asthma as an excuse while going for a fag .

Guest makapaka
3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Stop being silly. She was blatantly using  asthma as an excuse while going for a fag .

Oh well that’s it then - the arguments won on the basis that you saw a woman in the pub pretend to have asthma.

Or maybe she doesn’t - but has a bad chest cos of smoking.

19 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Asthmatics can't smoke? Smoking is an addiction, by definition difficult to quit even if the victim realises they are damaging his/her health. The fact that she had a cigarette does not mean she didn't have asthma.