Coronavirus - Part Two.

Just now, sibon said:

As for me wearing a mask, that protects others. I’m only looking for others to return the courtesy to keep me safer. There is nothing wrong with that.

Are you ok with mask exempt people not wearing a mask?

Guest sibon
12 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Are you ok with mask exempt people not wearing a mask?

Ok isn’t the word really. I’m accepting of it. And I’m happy to work round it. I’m not ok about it though, because it increases my risk of getting ill.

My suspicion is that many of the non mask wearers that I meet are not exempt. They are the ones who worry me most, because if they have such a cavalier attitude to mask wearing than that probably indicates that they are less likely to observe the other measures which are keeping us relatively safe.

Are you ok with non exempt people pretending to be exempt?

17 minutes ago, sibon said:

I don’t think that I’ve suggested anywhere that I would give anyone “grief”. 

Please don’t project your insecurities onto me.

As for me wearing a mask, that protects others. I’m only looking for others to return the courtesy to keep me safer. There is nothing wrong with that.

My insecurities?  

That really made me 😂

Just now, sibon said:

Ok isn’t the word really. I’m accepting of it. And I’m happy to work round it. I’m not ok about it though, because it increases my risk of getting ill.

My suspicion is that many of the non mask wearers that I meet are not exempt. They are the ones who worry me most, because if they have such a cavalier attitude to mask wearing than that probably indicates that they are less likely to observe the other measures which are keeping us relatively safe.

My bold. 

Then ask them. It would be far more productive than having a go at people on a local forum. 

Guest sibon
8 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

My insecurities?  

That really made me 😂

My bold. 

Then ask them. It would be far more productive than having a go at people on a local forum. 

I’m not having a go. I’m having a discussion. 

You should try it sometime.

As for asking them, I’d be much happier doing that if I knew they were not exempt. Which brings us back to lanyards.

Edited by sibon

Just now, sibon said:

You should try it sometime 

OK ill try some time 👍

You could try to accept that some people are exempt and these people do not owe you or anyone else an explanation. It may frustrate you, it may upset you or make you angry but in reality there really is nothing you can do about it. Just move on with your day. 

Guest makapaka
6 hours ago, butlers said:

128,000 dead.

Yup media should put that on page 28 .

What - everyday 128000 dead should be on front page of news?

1 hour ago, sibon said:

You should try it sometime.

As for asking them, I’d be much happier doing that if I knew they were not exempt. Which brings us back to lanyards.

Maybe you should mind your own business and not make people wear lanyards because you want them to.

1 hour ago, sibon said:

My suspicion is that many of the non mask wearers that I meet are not exempt. 

Your suspicion that some [you've no evidence that it is 'many'] non-mask wearers are not exempt is, of course, totally innaplicable in any specific case you will encounter of a non-mask wearer, as the nature of hidden disability generally precludes being able to judge whether the person is disabled by looking at them. There have been several posters on this thread who seem unable to grasp this, and, for whatever reason, they seem to have the same urge as you to insist that the disabled must wear an identifying symbol e.g.

On 23/04/2021 at 20:12, Kidorry said:

The three youngish men certainly looked fit enough to me, and if they are exempt should they be wearing some badge to say so?

Guest sibon
1 minute ago, onewheeldave said:

Your suspicion that some [you've no evidence that it is 'many'] non-mask wearers are not exempt is, of course, totally innaplicable in any specific case you will encounter of a non-mask wearer, as the nature of hidden disability generally precludes being able to judge whether the person is disabled by looking at them. There have been several posters on this thread who seem unable to grasp this, and, for whatever reason, they seem to have the same urge as you to insist that the disabled must wear an identifying symbol e.g.

I’ll ask you again.

Why can’t they?

1 hour ago, sibon said:

Personally I've opposed compulsory masking from the start [for reasons given multiple times on this thread] so I can hardly object to that small number of non-mask exempt individuals who don't wear masks.  To the extent that masks do protect, the fact that the vast majority of the population have embraced masking, is sufficient IMO.

1 minute ago, sibon said:

I’ll ask you again.

Why can’t they?

I'll tell you again- they can [wear a lanyard]- they choose not to. They have good reasons for their choice. They are not breaking any rules. Anyone pressuring them to wear identifying symbols is breaking rules.

Guest makapaka
6 minutes ago, sibon said:

I’ll ask you again.

Why can’t they?

Why should they?