Coronavirus - Part Two.

Seems side effects or just the coincidence if an illness after vaccination are vanishingly rare.

Utterly brilliant work by the scientists over the last year

Dr Hilary was on the wireless, apparently 32 out of 74k who had received one jab. 

18 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Front of the Telegraph (behind a paywall) is an article claiming only 32 people have been hospitalised with covid following the vaccination programme. I don't know whether they have had one jab or two.

Hopeful?

I spoke to the Director of Public Health for a major Metropolitan Borough a few weeks ago, he told me that they had vaccinated around 160,000 people so far  on an 80/20 AZ/Pfizer split, and that not one of the group had been hospitalised with either Covid or side effects.

Edited by sadbrewer

Guest makapaka
22 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Front of the Telegraph (behind a paywall) is an article claiming only 32 people have been hospitalised with covid following the vaccination programme. I don't know whether they have had one jab or two.

Hopeful?

Not really. 

1 hour ago, makapaka said:

Not really. 

Have you read that India now has a triple mutation and we are still welcoming flights from there? It put me off my lunch a bit.

Stop reading the news, I bet you've never worried about viral mutations in your life before the last few months.

Guest makapaka

Maybe all these mutations will ultimately lead to it becoming less dangerous.

3 hours ago, fools said:

Stop reading the news, I bet you've never worried about viral mutations in your life before the last few months.

I didn't actually. It's just all these 10 of thousands of people who have died from a new virus over the past year and a bit. You might have read about it. Or not....

Given that increased numbers are being allowed at the Crucible for the snooker; supporters are being allowed in their thousands back at football & there will be 4,000 allowed at the Brit Awards, isn't it time to allow a few more mourners, above the current 30 people limit, (especially those family members who are missing out), at funerals? 

The review of the numbers at funerals isn't due to take place until June. 

Edited by Baron99

2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Given that increased numbers are being allowed at the Crucible for the snooker; supporters are being allowed in their thousands back at football & there will be 4,000 allowed at the Brit Awards, isn't it time to allow a few more mourners, above the current 30 people limit, (especially those family members who are missing out), at funerals? 

For the same reason, isn't it time that pubs were allowed people indoors, before even more of them go to the wall?  The hospitality sector has long been calling for this.  At present, the date given for this being reviewed is mid-May (and some are suggesting that this is subject to Covid testing and/or passports, despite opposition).

Guest makapaka
2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Sort of get your point but for balance all those events are pilot events to see how it can be done.

it’s not like you can just go to hillsborough or bramall  lane to watch the football when you like but can’t go to a funeral.