Coronavirus - Part Two.

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, *_ash_* said:

Which wasn't known in January (or earlier), which is when we are talking about. 

Yeah and what I’m talking about is that it’s ridiculous.

why is it important to be told the rolling rate of coronavirus in crookes and also in walkley?

or in dore and totley.

or in handsworth and woodhouse.

5 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Is the "india" with 230k + new cases a day? The "india" that isn't on the red list so they can fly in without staying a quarantine hotel? The same "india" Boris is travelling to in The coming days to rush through a trade deal?

Yes. Yes it is that India. If this gets hold of the country and god forbid works round vaccines I'd happily see him and his cabinet jailed.

20 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Is the "india" with 230k + new cases a day? The "india" that isn't on the red list so they can fly in without staying a quarantine hotel? The same "india" Boris is travelling to in The coming days to rush through a trade deal?

Yes. Yes it is that India. If this gets hold of the country and god forbid works round vaccines I'd happily see him and his cabinet jailed.

Heaven forbid.  You're not suggesting that there's some sort of link with India not being on the 'Red list' & the PM's impending visit to India are you?  😀.  Hmmmm? 

Also read yesterday that infection numbers appear to be increasing in Canada as well.  I think that 'Red list' does need to be revisited. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56779428

Apparently, the increase in infection in Canada is down to the UK variant in the Ontario area. 

Edited by Baron99

6 hours ago, Baron99 said:

The only cases found in the UK have been through testing programmes and all have been asymptomatic.

It is being investigated, but does not yet warrant concern.

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

Heaven forbid.  You're not suggesting that there's some sort of link with India not being on the 'Red list' & the PM's impending visit to India are you?  😀.  Hmmmm? 

Also read yesterday that infection numbers appear to be increasing in Canada as well.  I think that 'Red list' does need to be revisited. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56779428

Apparently, the increase in infection in Canada is down to the UK variant in the Ontario area. 

Yes, yes I am.

And as I understand it the UK variant in Canada has come from the US where the UK is the dominant one.

Guest makapaka
3 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Yes, yes I am.

And as I understand it the UK variant in Canada has come from the US where the UK is the dominant one.

I wonder if all the pressure we are putting on this virus has the potential to make it more dangerous than it is.

Guest makapaka
5 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

India’s population is 20x that of the Uk.

In December the uk recorded 80000 positive tests in one day.

the 230000 a day numbers in India sounds  concerning but aren’t they also relative to the number of people living there. 

2 hours ago, makapaka said:

the 230000 a day numbers in India sounds  concerning but aren’t they also relative to the number of people living there. 

It's certainly not good news though.

230,000 A DAY means lots of potential mutations. Viruses don't care about % populations. 

I still think everything is following the path of Spanish Flu myself (having watching some docus early on). They got complacent when it was thought to be pretty much under control.

My 'current' panic level is low, but I'm watching places like China, South Korea and Australia the most. If any of those lose control of it, with such knowledge, restrictions and tech to keep control... I will be very worried.

Edited by *_ash_*

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, *_ash_* said:

It's certainly not good news though.

230,000 A DAY means lots of potential mutations. Viruses don't care about % populations. 

I still think everything is following the path of Spanish Flu myself (having watching some docus early on). They got complacent when it was thought to be pretty much under control.

My 'current' panic level is low, but I'm watching places like China, South Korea and Australia the most. If any of those lose control of it, with such knowledge, restrictions and tech to keep control... I will be very worried.

Not if you get a mutation that is less dangerous.

That would be good wouldn’t it.

3 hours ago, makapaka said:

They are  concerning when they've only done 266 million tests in total - ie just less than double the number of tests the UK has done -  for a population 20 times greater than the UK.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

16 hours ago, makapaka said:

How many are being tested in India in terms of percentage of the population?