Coronavirus - Part Two.

2 hours ago, francypants said:

Just a reminder to everyone that the virus is still out there ...............

One of my grandsons started back at school on Monday this week after the Easter holidays. He lasted one day at school before being sent home to isolate because somebody in his class tested positive.

Please don't become complacent.

I just wish we could have faith in these tests. The lateral flow test is notoriously unreliable and if you'd seen the documentary about the corner-cutting and shoddy non-aseptic procedures in certain PCR test laboratories you'd certainly never trust the results.

My sister is a primary school teacher in Hillsboro and has had to put up with constant class closures and isolations for months. When her own teenage son tested 'positive' just before Christmas the whole household had to isolate for a week and put their plans on hold. Their house is tiny and not suitable for individual isolation and yet none of the four occupants had any symptoms either during this period or after.

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

Not making a case that I had it but about end of October 2019  for 10 to 12 weeks I was very ill . Doctors even tested for Glandular fever though they thought I was a little old for that . I know a lass who was tested for Covid in 2020 due to her work (NHS)  and was told she had had Covid  before . She said the last time she was ill was  Nov/  Dec 2019 , with similar symptoms to me . I did not have Glandular fever and never got a diagnosis .

There has been a documented case in France from that time. They tested a bloke, didn't test for anything they knew, stuck it on a shelf and tested it the summer and it tested positive for covid. I'll find the link.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52526554

8 hours ago, makapaka said:

I don’t think we need reminding.

Everyone was saying this last year weren’t they?

“I had a cough and a temperature in November I think it was Covid” 

perhaps it started here and went back to china with the students, there were an awful lot of them around. 

Just watched the Chair of the British Medical Association (BMA) raise concerns about the length of time airborne droplets remain suspended in the air in enclosed spaces. 

He raised concerns for people who have to work indoors for long periods, particularly in areas such as pubs, restaurants & gyms but also in the office environment & is encouraging employers to ensure that premises are well ventilated to ensure that the air is regularly being well circulated & be replenished. 

It's got me thinking of some of my grandchildren & other family members who currently work in so called 'intelligent' buildings where none of the windows can be opened & the reliance is on air conditioning. 

If the BMA advice is followed, it'll be a long time before many will be back in their work places. 

Edited by Baron99

12 hours ago, Longcol said:

On the thread before this (which I think got mangled) there were a few people who claimed having symptoms similar to Covid at the back end of 2019 although I can't recall any of them making a convincing case for covid.

The start date has been pushed back a few times already as new evidence came too light.

I certainly had something very nasty in May 2019 - in bed for a week, at one point was struggling to breathe and could not even walk to the bathroom without holding onto furniture (I was close to calling for an ambulance, and if I had heard of covid I probably would have!). I assumed it was flu, but now who knows? I had spent an evening in a pub with a friend who flew in from Hong Kong shortly before I came ill.  Maybe it was just flu, certainly no way to know if it was covid or not. I suppose its always possible the start date will push back again though, just as it has a few times already (I think it is back to November 2019 or so by now, originally it was claimed Jan 2020).

I can find no evidence of confirmed Covid in the UK before Jan 29.

In the US the CDC reports that 5800 people across 40 States who were fully vaccinated got Covid afterwards.

The cases were mild.

Out if the 66million fully vaccinated that's 0.008%

Guest makapaka

Looks like we’re already being warmed up for another lockdown before we’ve even opened up.

Something not stacking up at the moment.

3 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Looks like we’re already being warmed up for another lockdown before we’ve even opened up.

Something not stacking up at the moment.

Links/evidence?

Cheers - can't see the North of England mentioned in there, though.

The article has so many ifs,buts and maybes.

There's more good news today cases down and test positivity down 30% from an already low percentage