Coronavirus - Part Two.

5 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Good to see people waking up to the realities of what is happening here.

Personally, throughout this, I've had zero concerns about the virus, and very substantial concerns about the virus measures, especially their impact on civil liberties.

Missed the quote you linked from Anna B, but to have 'zero concerns' about the virus, and its effects, is - to put it mildly, stunningly naive..

Edited by RollingJ

Shows a somewhat removed from reality to have had no concerns about a virus that has killed 120,000 or more and injured 10,000s more with long term organ damage.

Rather like still being a 40 day smoker and thinking cos your granny smoked to 90 ,science is just biased

Edited by butlers

34 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Exactly - and what proportion of that number have suffered a demonstrable fatal or near-fatal reaction?

494,114 with recordable adverse reactions and 704 deaths (or approximately 1 in 60). Presumably you're not one of the "one in sixty"?

Just now, Yosemite Sam said:

494,114 with recordable adverse reactions and 704 deaths (or approximately 1 in 60). Presumably you're not one of the "one in sixty"?

Are you? and they may be 'recordable', but not dangerous. And the '1 in 60' is total reported adverse reactions - not deaths definitely attributable to the vaccine.

4 minutes ago, butlers said:

Must be nice to live in your world

Presumably that's 'onewheeldave' you are referring to,  @butlers?

The adverse reaction thing can be  a temperature it means nothing.

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

Presumably that's 'onewheeldave' you are referring to,  @butlers?

Yes ,think I have corrected it

Google any vaccinations ,medicines and medical procedures and you will find that there is a warning of possible side effects or outcomes.

However they are all offered as being on balance for the greater benefit to the individual or society.

We all make our own decisions and I hope that the vast majority have sufficient faith in our medical experts to follow their advice and to take little notice of groundless fears that some like to spread.

7 minutes ago, butlers said:

The adverse reaction thing can be  a temperature it means nothing.

Yes ,think I have corrected it

👍

another way of looking at it, looking backwards (forward paints a different risk)

risk of death (with not from) covid over a year 1 in 528, risk each month 1 in 6336. 

risk of death per month (with not from ) vaccine is ..

then factor age risk into it, there is a decision to be made for the people yet to have one. That's why the game has just changed for under 30s

Edited by fools

21 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Missed the quote you linked from Anna B, but to have 'zero concerns' about the virus, and its effects, is - to put it mildly, stunningly naive..

By 'zero concerns' I'm referring to my emotional response- I've not had one moment of fear or anxiety about the virus; in contrast I've felt sickened and extremely concerned to watch a population comply with a narrative that has set back our already fragile civil liberties by decades.

I've not had covid yet [according to an antibody test], I've not had a vaccine yet either. I still have no concerns about catching covid, and, having almost zero relevant health issues, would expect to not suffer that much if/when I do get it- like the majority who've had it, I'd expect at worst to suffer mild flu-like symptoms.

In the unlikely, but possible event, that covid finished me off, to be blunt, having seen what the covid measures have, and will continue to do to many of the most vulnerable in our society, and where this total complience to a bizarre official narrative is going to likely lead, I wouldn't be at all upset; probably better off out of it at this point.

Edited by onewheeldave

2 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

By 'zero concerns' I'm referring to my emotional response- I've not had one moment of fear or anxiety about the virus; in contrast I've felt sickened and extremely concerned to watch a population comply with a narrative that has set back our already fragile civil liberties by decades.

I've not had covid yet [according to an antibody test], I've not had a vaccine yet either. I still have no concerns about catching covid, and, having almost zero relevant health issues, would expect to not suffer that much if/when I do get it- like the majority who've had it, I'd expect at worst to suffer mild flu-like symptoms.

In the unlikely, but possible event, that covid finished me off, to be blunt, having seen what the covid measures have, and will continue to do to many of the most vulnerable in our society, and where this total complience to a bizarre official narrative is going to likely lead, I wouldn't be at all upset; probably better off out of it at this point.

Makes a little more sense now, so thanks for the clarification, but these restrictions are contained in specific legislation which is reviewed (every 6 months?) or earlier, and should be removed from the statute book in time.

You are looking at it from your perspective, which is probably a little different to that of many, given your own admitted medical condition, so I will not condemn you for it.

2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Makes a little more sense now, so thanks for the clarification, but these restrictions are contained in specific legislation which is reviewed (every 6 months?) or earlier, and should be removed from the statute book in time.

:) we'll see

2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

You are looking at it from your perspective, which is probably a little different to that of many, given your own admitted medical condition, so I will not condemn you for it.

If by 'admitted medical condition' you're referring to me being autistic- in reality, that is a neurological difference, not a 'medical condition'. Not being 'normal' does not make me 'ill'.