Coronavirus - Part Two.

On 18/03/2021 at 10:03, whiteowl said:

Well, according to the BBC it's actually India that's behind our risk of falling behind the planned rollout. Remember the EU haven't actually withheld anything yet, they're just threats at this moment due to a lack of reciprocity from the UK, Canada and the USA.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56438629

It's interesting that the leaflet I was given with my AZ jab says the manufacturer is Medimmune UK Ltd in Liverpool. But then it also says it is "produced in genetically modified human embryonic kidney (HEK) 293 cells" so maybe that's the bit that's done in India before final formulation back in Liverpool.

2 hours ago, Victor Meldrew said:

It's interesting that the leaflet I was given with my AZ jab says the manufacturer is Medimmune UK Ltd in Liverpool. But then it also says it is "produced in genetically modified human embryonic kidney (HEK) 293 cells" so maybe that's the bit that's done in India before final formulation back in Liverpool.

IIRC the embryonic bit is from using cloned cells stemming from a single aborted fetus from 1973 which are used to culture the vaccine (old technology). The vaccine itself does not contain any as it is purified and any culture cells removed. It's the way most vaccines were made in the past but now most covid ones are now using genetically modified synthetic material instead (new technology).

10 hours ago, Victor Meldrew said:

Is that the vaccine Trump used, made from the cells of aborted babies?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/08/trump-covid-drug-developed-using-cells-derived-from-abortion

"One of the drugs taken by Donald Trump that he has touted as a potential “cure” for coronavirus was developed using human cells originally obtained from an elective abortion, a practice repeatedly denounced by the president and many of his supporters.

The drug is a monoclonal antibody cocktail developed by Regeneron. The president received an 8-gram infusion under a “compassionate use” exemption when he was hospitalized over the weekend after testing positive for Covid-19."

1 hour ago, The Joker said:

Is that the vaccine Trump used, made from the cells of aborted babies?

Not sure what he was given but it states it was developed from HEK-293T cells, then the link goes on to say what that means, so no not from aborted babies. I explained some of that in my post #4541.

Edited by apelike

Barnsley  has highest rate of covid-19 cases per 100,000 in England.

Sheffield is climbing slowly.

Annie Bynnol,

Do you have any idea how many people have been vaccinated in Sheffield ?

I'd like to know the demographic of the cases that are contributing to the slow increases in cases.

There has to be an identifiable vector that is driving the increase.

Edited by petemcewan

Andyofborg,

I don't see breaking up big pharma will do any good at all.

ECCOnoob,

I agree with you entirely.

Ben Goldacre's book "Bad Pharma" is worth a read.

9 hours ago, petemcewan said:

Annie Bynnol,

Do you have any idea how many people have been vaccinated in Sheffield ?

I'd like to know the demographic of the cases that are contributing to the slow increases in cases.

There has to be an identifiable vector that is driving the increase.

According to Greg Fell the rise is in ‘working age’ people.  It is also expected that a rise in cases in school children will be seen soon. 
Wherever unvaccinated people are mixing indoors cases will spread.  

22 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Barnsley  has highest rate of covid-19 cases per 100,000 in England.

Sheffield is climbing slowly.

Where've you got that stat from Annie ? I live in Barnsley, worrying.

Edited by Ridgewalk

14 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

Where've you got that stat from Annie ? I live in Barnsley, worrying.

here's some stats, don't know if they are the ones Annie used 

https://www.google.com/search?q=covid+infection+rate+barnsley&oq=covid+infection&aqs=chrome.2.0i433i457j69i57j0i402l2j0i433l3j0.9088j0j1&client=ubuntu&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

and some local news

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/local-news/barnsley-estate-one-yorkshires-highest-20213639

14 hours ago, redruby said:

According to Greg Fell the rise is in ‘working age’ people.  It is also expected that a rise in cases in school children will be seen soon. 
Wherever unvaccinated people are mixing indoors cases will spread.  

Vaccinated people can still spread the virus.

Sadly, there are many people out there who believe they are somehow immune to catching or spreading Covid once they've had their jabs.  As I understand it, nobody is claiming that any vaccine totally stops infection, only that it is likely to mitigate bad outcomes from it.  Similarly with passing it on.

(a vaccinated person) "is less likely to transmit it to someone else".

"since the vaccines don't provide 100% protection from infection, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that people continue to wear masks and social distance even after they've been vaccinated".

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-03-vaccinated-people-coronavirus.html