Coronavirus - Part Two.

1 hour ago, jane2008 said:

How sad.  Sorry to hear this.

Just to be clear,  the hospital in question was Macclesfield District General. I feel sure he'd have received far better treatment if he'd been a Sheffield resident.

Victor .Meldrew,

Such a sad set of circumstances.

God bless the NHS,but sometimes things go wrong.

Today, my daughter who is a primary school teacher in Barnsley has had to close two of her classes because a child has tested positive for Covid.  All the children are having to isolate as is my daughter although she will be teaching from home online.    Be careful everybody,  don't let your guard down.  Covid is closer than you realise.

Francypants,

Hope your daughter will be ok-and the child and class.

Will follow your advice.

3 hours ago, petemcewan said:

Francypants,

Hope your daughter will be ok-and the child and class.

Will follow your advice.

Thank you    :thumbsup:

21 hours ago, francypants said:

Today, my daughter who is a primary school teacher in Barnsley has had to close two of her classes because a child has tested positive for Covid.  All the children are having to isolate as is my daughter although she will be teaching from home online.    Be careful everybody,  don't let your guard down.  Covid is closer than you realise.

Hi not sure which part of Barnsley  your daughter works but one of our Grandkid's has just tested positive, Dearne Valley area.

Strange how there is nothing on Barnsley web site to say ANY schools are closed or have partly closed.

So much for the lies that Schools and Children are perfectly safe and or can't get this terrible disease.

Back to normal then for the daughter, all the kids off school. 

Keep Safe.  

Just a thought on the Oxford vaccine which has been suspended in France, Germany, Spain and Italy because of fears about blood clots. 

Millions of women happily take birth control pills every day of the week knowing that they have a (slight) risk of blood clots and breast cancer, but it's a risk they are willing to take.

Every medication comes with risks attached, it's just a case of weighing up the risks against the benefits. The benefits usually win. 

Any chance of dying from a blood clot caused by the vaccine, is way way lower than dying from covid itself.

Edited by Anna B

4 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

Hi not sure which part of Barnsley  your daughter works but one of our Grandkid's has just tested positive, Dearne Valley area.

Strange how there is nothing on Barnsley web site to say ANY schools are closed or have partly closed.

So much for the lies that Schools and Children are perfectly safe and or can't get this terrible disease.

Keep Safe.  

My daughter teaches at Hunningley Primary School which is near Stairfoot roundabout Barnsley.

Sorry to hear about your grandchild, hope he/she gets better soon.

Sheffield new cases last week = 495

Sheffield new cases this week = 526 +6.5%

The schools have only been back a week and the figures nationally and locally are already showing less of a decrease and in Sheffield an increase.

On 15/03/2021 at 16:37, francypants said:

5 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

Keep Safe.  

They’ve never said children can’t get it, just that they’re much less likely to be ill with it.

1 hour ago, Flanker7 said:

Sheffield new cases last week = 495

Sheffield new cases this week = 526 +6.5%

The schools have only been back a week and the figures nationally and locally are already showing less of a decrease and in Sheffield an increase.

Yes, many of us expected this, and it will get worse.  How come the Government couldn't see this was the inevitable consequence of sending the kids back?

As the timeframe for other easing is supposedly being led by data, presumably the dates for easing our way out of lockdown will be put back.... except for holidays and elite sport of course.

My guess is that free access to pubs and clubs will not happen in June/July, neither will family gatherings, non-elite sport, day trips out, travel to the coast etc.  I also forecast that international sport will be exempt - even though it is mixing with people of other nationalities.  I'll also suggest that it will prove too difficult to stop people going on foreign holidays, having allowed companies to sell these holidays in the first place.

I hope I'm wrong.  I hope that I'll spend a few summer nights in my local with mates, doing the weekly quiz and watching the sport on the tele while queuing at the bar.

Cases were always going to rise once any restrictions are lifted. It's the hospitalisation and death numbers that are more important now, to see if this vaccine has got us out of the hole.