Coronavirus - Part Two.

Endcliffe Park, Bingham park, Sharrowvale,  busier than ever, little S/D, etc

39 minutes ago, gamezone07 said:

Endcliffe Park, Bingham park, Sharrowvale,  busier than ever, little S/D, etc

You keep mentioning how busy these places are.  Are you hoping the police read your posts and act?  Is it a warning to others reading the forum to avoid these areas?  Are you or have you been there yourself or do you have a view from your window? 

Edited by Arnold_Lane

3 hours ago, RJRB said:

We already have an annual flu jab which is modified to best combat the most probable strain and given to the vulnerable age groups.

I think that all the Government and their spokesmen have said so far is that a similar process should be possible if the virus mutates further,but so far the various vaccines are effective against the hitherto known variations.

None claim to be 100% effective and the biggest issue is to vaccinate the majority of the word population.

While the Government keep saying that the vaccines they are giving out at present are effective against known variations, Matt Hancock said they are going to be be rolling out a new vaccine in the Autumn that protects against these variants. 

One has already been formulated by one company, and the planned deployment of it is in the autumn.  Presumably this is what Matt Hancock was referring to. 

https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2021/02/03/oxford-will-make-new-covid-variant-jab-by-autumn/

So, after the current 2 doses we are getting, there is a third planned for this year, then (at least) annual ones.  going forward if new variants appear.  This links in with other comments that link the annual deployment of Flu vaccine to ones for Covid. 

4 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

If you are correct, I wonder why the Government are saying that they expect an annual vaccination for us all to protect us from both flu and Covid, and this will evolve as Covis and the Flu evolve?

A single vaccination shot can contain multiple vaccines targetting different viruses.

Enntee,

I'm pretty confident that "will" is the appropriate word.

Every talking head I've watched  on tele who are banging the drum for vaccine passports. Completely

ignore the privacy and discriminatory issue associated with vaccine passport .They automatically  reach for the justification, and glibly say, " Of cours vaccine passports will encourage the uptake of vaccination".

No it will not. People aren't daft. They get vaccinated because they don't want to gasp their life away  on a ventilator-not because they will be awarded a certificate.

You are quite right that scientist don't yet know if the current vaccinations are sterilising  vaccines.

Let us hope the vaccines have sterilising properties.

26 minutes ago, altus said:

A single vaccination shot can contain multiple vaccines targetting different viruses.

I was ill for 24 hours after my first vaccine, will there be people wanting separate jabs, like they did with MMR?

35 minutes ago, El Cid said:

I was ill for 24 hours after my first vaccine, will there be people wanting separate jabs, like they did with MMR?

I was really just replying to Thirsty Relic's wondering why the government thinks a single vaccination would protect from both flu and covid-19.

There might be some people who want separate jabs but, like with separate jabs for M, M and R, I doubt they'll be available on the NHS. They may not be available as separate jabs at all. There'd have to be enough people wanting them for it to be worth a pharmaceutical company to produce them (more likely if another country wants them as separate jabs so no new production line) and to cover the costs of the individual vaccines being approved in this country (possibly new set of clinical trials, etc.).

As I see it, it looks as if the plan is for everybody to have 3 Covid jabs this year, where previously the plan was to have two.

Going forward, the Government have indicated there is a plan for injections containing Covid and Flu vaccines together at least annually (more if now flu or Covid vaccines are found).  The Flu vaccine was initially aimed at the elderly for the particularly bad Flu outbreaks many years ago, and those who had it then are encouraged to have it annually since.  I'm wondering how many people who have accepted the Covid jab this year will in future be happy to have a joint Covid and Flu jab?  Also, If you want just the Flu or just the Covid one, will that option be available?

1 hour ago, Thirsty Relic said:

As I see it, it looks as if the plan is for everybody to have 3 Covid jabs this year, where previously the plan was to have two.

Going forward, the Government have indicated there is a plan for injections containing Covid and Flu vaccines together at least annually (more if now flu or Covid vaccines are found). 

What people say about my reaction to the Oxford vaccine, they say that shows its working. If there are 2/3 vaccines in the same dose, I will need to book a few days off work.

Anybody under 35 must think of us older people as a bunch of winging, whining ignoramuses.

Nowadays these brave youngsters will have a minimum 8 jabs containing protection against around 15 diseases.

It has been normal for decades for people to receive multiple vaccines in one "jab".

The brave girls at 14 and pregnant women don't complain about their single doses neither do the over 60s who quietly and without fuss go and get their single jabs.

So to those very special over 35s  who do not think they can cope with multiple jabs, ask a 5 year old what its like, ask one of those screaming, shouting, foul mouthed teenagers on March 8th how they coped with their "6 in1" jabs. 

Seriously, I find it very worrying that when the topic of vaccination turns up amongst a certain age group they refer back to the elaborate fraud authored by Andrew Wakefield and 12 others that  was fatally flawed both scientifically and ethically.  This "no smoke without fire" attitude is re emerging as an assumption emerging that the magnitude of side effects multiply if given multiple vaccinations. 

10 hours ago, El Cid said:

What people say about my reaction to the Oxford vaccine, they say that shows its working. If there are 2/3 vaccines in the same dose, I will need to book a few days off work.

Thats based on the assumption that a three in one vaccine will make you three times as rough, post-vaccination?

And if thats the case, a bit of a drag for you, but frankly a price very much worth paying for you and the rest of us IMHO.

7 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Anybody under 35 must think of us older people as a bunch of winging, whining ignoramuses.

Nowadays these brave youngsters will have a minimum 8 jabs containing protection against around 15 diseases.

It has been normal for decades for people to receive multiple vaccines in one "jab".

The brave girls at 14 and pregnant women don't complain about their single doses neither do the over 60s who quietly and without fuss go and get their single jabs.

So to those very special over 35s  who do not think they can cope with multiple jabs, ask a 5 year old what its like, ask one of those screaming, shouting, foul mouthed teenagers on March 8th how they coped with their "6 in1" jabs. 

Seriously, I find it very worrying that when the topic of vaccination turns up amongst a certain age group they refer back to the elaborate fraud authored by Andrew Wakefield and 12 others that  was fatally flawed both scientifically and ethically.  This "no smoke without fire" attitude is re emerging as an assumption emerging that the magnitude of side effects multiply if given multiple vaccinations. 

Well said.

1 hour ago, Bargepole23 said:

Thats based on the assumption that a three in one vaccine will make you three times as rough, post-vaccination?

Even most COVID vaccines are double dose; with new strains of the virus, a new/different vaccination every six months is more likely.