Coronavirus - Part Two.

10 minutes ago, altus said:

What, and miss the increased opportunity for extra surveillance of people?

The government are talking about adding vaccine certificate functionality to the NHS track and trace app. Given the original NHS track and trace app's privacy failings were a big part of the public rejecting it, I think linking vaccine certificates with other functionality is likely to have the same result.

Any vaccine certificate solution should be entirely stand alone. It shouldn't be usable to tell track where people have been, who they've been in contact with or anything else of the sort. Just verify whether they've been vaccinated or not.

My thoughts exactly - and anyone trying for anything further should be viewed with extreme suspicion.

I also question whether all this hoo-har is really needed -after all this is merely an extreme form of flu, for which vaccines are available, and with the vast majority of sane people being vaccinated, will it not die out, for most, anyway?

Edited by RollingJ

Fake vaccination certificates are already circulating in Europe, and expected here as soon as the green light is given for such certificates over here. 

16 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I also question whether all this hoo-har is really needed -after all this is merely an extreme form of flu, for which vaccines are available, and with the vast majority of sane people being vaccinated, will it not die out, for most, anyway?

Where in all the accumulated evidence is Covid-19  described as a "...merely an extreme form of flu..."?

What does "...die out, for most..." mean?

Is this fact or opinion?

16 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Where in all the accumulated evidence is Covid-19  described as a "...merely an extreme form of flu..."?

What does "...die out, for most..." mean?

Is this fact or opinion?

This is is opinion, like much of the contents of this topic, I agree. But if it is the same 'family' as the flu virus, and not a manufactured mutation, as has been suspected by some, then vaccination is a viable form of mitigation. Like 'normal' flu, it will be around for a long time, but will become 'controllable', and we don't know yet how long vaccinations or our own immune systems  will keep it in check but I and others I have spoken to are not quite convinced of the validity of some of the speculation being handed out.

Sadly, even those on this forum who have bothered to do deeper investigation, and provided data to back up their thoughts are, in the main, called deniers/sceptics, because they do not follow or accept all the doom and gloom being espoused.

Edited by RollingJ

9 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

This is is opinion, like much of the contents of this topic, I agree. But if it is the same 'family' as the flu virus......

It isn't.

10 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

It isn't.

It is a 'coronavirus' - as I understand flu is - or am I wrong again??

2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Normal flu is an influenza virus.  Covid-19 is a coronavirus.  Both are respiratory illnesses but the viruses are not the same.

Edited by Arnold_Lane

6 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

Normal flu is an influenza virus.  Covid-19 is a coronavirus.  Both are respiratory illnesses but the viruses are not the same.

If you are correct, I wonder why the Government are saying that they expect an annual vaccination for us all to protect us from both flu and Covid, and this will evolve as Covis and the Flu evolve?

16 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Well you are wrong on this occasion.The only similarity with flu is that some of the symptoms may be the same.

We all hope that the precautionary measures plus the roll out of vaccines around the world will mitigate its effects but if you do want to do deeper investigation there is plenty of available information regarding the known family of corona viruses including SARS,MERS,and the common cold.

Mind you there has always been confusion between the common cold and flu.

Edited by RJRB

1 minute ago, Thirsty Relic said:

If you are correct.

There is no if.  They are different viruses.

5 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

If you are correct, I wonder why the Government are saying that they expect an annual vaccination for us all to protect us from both flu and Covid, and this will evolve as Covis and the Flu evolve?

We already have an annual flu jab which is modified to best combat the most probable strain and given to the vulnerable age groups.

I think that all the Government and their spokesmen have said so far is that a similar process should be possible if the virus mutates further,but so far the various vaccines are effective against the hitherto known variations.

None claim to be 100% effective and the biggest issue is to vaccinate the majority of the word population.

19 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Well you are wrong on this occasion.The only similarity with flu is that some of the symptoms may be the same.

We all hope that the precautionary measures plus the roll out of vaccines around the world will mitigate its effects but if you do want to do deeper investigation there is plenty of available information regarding the known family of corona viruses including SARS,MERS,and the common cold.

Mind you there has always been confusion between the common cold and flu.

Apologies, @RJRB. I knew it was a respiratory virus, just mixed up the common cold and flu, as many do, as you say.

And no - I have better things to do than read up about the subject -it is what it is.

Edited by RollingJ