Coronavirus - Part Two.

Something I've not heard any statistics about are those those who, when tested, have been found to have had the virus, developed antibodies and beaten it without knowing anything about it.  How many, and what percentage of those tested, by age-group.  I would suspect that the younger you are, the more likely this is to be the case.

I did hear/read somewhere about many students who fell into this category, but can't remember where, but no percentages were given. It makes me wonder how many of us fall into this category.

A question then forms in my mind if this cohort of people need vaccinating (already having naturally built up the antibodies), and also if giving them the vaccine may even be harmful to the immunity their bodies have already built up?

2 hours ago, davyboy said:

I had the A/Z vaccine.The next day I was talking to a neighbour and suddenly my mind went a total blank.

A couple of hours later I started to shiver internally just like a bad attack of flu.

Went to bed and slept  for a couple of hours or so then back to normal.

I have read that the worse your reaction, means that you already have anti-bodies and it fights the vaccine, meaning that you have already had COVID. How bad that reaction would be, I dont know, if true.

53 minutes ago, El Cid said:

I have read that the worse your reaction, means that you already have anti-bodies and it fights the vaccine, meaning that you have already had COVID. How bad that reaction would be, I dont know, if true.

That may partly answer a question I put in a post - you say you read that somewhere - you couldn't put your hands on where could you ?- I'd be interested in reading it if you could.

37 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

That may partly answer a question I put in a post - you say you read that somewhere - you couldn't put your hands on where could you ?- I'd be interested in reading it if you could.

It was actually a friend that read it, I Googled, cannot find anything.

Just now, El Cid said:

It was actually a friend that read it, I Googled, cannot find anything.

OK - thanks for your post and for looking for it!

18 hours ago, Rollypolly said:

I've just had mine today. I'm 70 this year. I had the Astra Zenica one.

Thanks. The letter arrived yesterday and it’s now booked for Saturday at the arena. Knew Borris wouldn’t let us down !!  Thanks for everyone’s replies. 

El Cid,

Sometimes after vaccination, the process of building immunity can cause symptoms, such as fever. These symptoms are normal and are a sign that the body is building immunity.

"Fighting the vaccine" is really not the appropriate description of how vaccines work.

I've had some good news from a sailing friend of mine.

He has partial lung function and sometimes needs oxygen supplementation .

He has had the AstraZeneca vaccine. The side effects he experienced were: flu like aches, Temp 38 degrees C. Heart rate

(resting) 85bpm, Oxygen saturation 90-which is normal for him.

The whole thing lasted 8hrs.

He is perfectly well now and a lot less anxious.

18 hours ago, El Cid said:

It would be interesting to know how many have side effects from the Oxford/AZ vaccine, I was in bed for 30 hours and I know a few others that were, ok for 6 hours then you get cold.

I went to bed perfectly fine then I started shivering. I've never been so cold in my life. I'm ok now though. My sister said she was the same. 

With those replied is anyone not getting side effects or do we just need to accept we might need a day off work after getting the vaccine.

15 minutes ago, MuteWitness said:

With those replied is anyone not getting side effects or do we just need to accept we might need a day off work after getting the vaccine.

I had absolutely no side effects. Neither did my mother or the majority of people I work with.

A couple got a sore arm and a couple just felt mildly crappy for a couple of days.

One did feel quite poorly (flu-like) for 2 days, so she’s timing her second one so it falls on her days off.

Edited by nikki-red

8 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

I had absolutely no side effects. Neither did my mother or the majority of people I work with.

A couple got a sore arm and a couple just felt mildly crappy for a couple of days.

One did feel quite poorly (flu-like) for 2 days, so she’s timing her second one so it falls on her days off.

It's like the flu vaccine, some people have a reaction, some don't. My dad would never have it after it made him feel really ill. Imo the pros of having the Covid vaccine far outweigh the cons.