Coronavirus - Part Two.

Thanks RiffRaff - that gives me great hope.  My other half is a bit younger than me but he is type 1 diabetic (still over 65) so I'm hoping we will both be contacted soon.  Fingers crossed and thanks for your reply.

The Government has widely publicised its aim of offering everyone in the top 4 priority groups a vaccination  before deciding on any easing of lockdown.  The top 4 priority groups are:

1. residents in a care home for older adults and their carers

2. all those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers

3. all those 75 years of age and over

4. all those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/priority-groups-for-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-advice-from-the-jcvi-2-december-2020

Furthermore, it claims it is on target to achieve this by the 15th of this month, following a tremendous effort to ramp up vaccination.  I would expect some kind of major announcement shortly after this date.

1 hour ago, PATHFINDER said:

Can I just confirm has anyone over 65 been contacted to book a vaccination yet ?  (Obviously I am aware that those with some serious conditions may have also received the vaccination as well as much younger front line workers and God knows they need to be protected).  I'm over 65 (closer to 70 actually)  and am wondering when on earth I'm going to be contacted as part of the over 65 group.  I have a friend who lives in Cheshire and he said in his area they'd started contacting those over 65 and the same information from a friend in the Peterborough area.  I just wish they would give better communication so we could get a sense of when we will be offered the vaccine.  I've been informed it is done by postcode but not sure if this information is correct.

I've found the vaccination website and input my data but it says I am not eligible yet.  Obviously I would not dream of contacting my surgery.

By the way - regarding the South African Variant and the Astra Zeneca vaccine - those used in the analysis were average age of approx 31 years and the data has not yet been thoroughly checked - I think the sample of people was only 2000 as well.  I don't think that study has been properly peer reviewed yet either.

See my post #4209-she is 67 and on the vulnerable list. 

Thanks Thirsty Relic - I'm aware that I am in category 5 and will have to wait but people over 65 are now getting the vaccine and indeed some had it last week who did not have other serious conditions.

Thanks Gluedtopc - I hope your good lady is contacted very soon.

Two of my close friends have been listed for their vaccination.

They both agree that if they are offered the Astrazeneca vaccine they will accept it. And why are they of that opinion?

Answer:

"There’s still protection in that case against deaths, hospitalisations and severe disease.”

46 minutes ago, petemcewan said:

Two of my close friends have been listed for their vaccination.

They both agree that if they are offered the Astrazeneca vaccine they will accept it. And why are they of that opinion?

Answer:

"There’s still protection in that case against deaths, hospitalisations and severe disease.”

I will be doing exactly the same for the same reasons 

And me - re Astrazeneca.  If I am offered it I shall gladly accept.

2 hours ago, PATHFINDER said:

Thanks Thirsty Relic - I'm aware that I am in category 5 and will have to wait but people over 65 are now getting the vaccine and indeed some had it last week who did not have other serious conditions.

Thanks Gluedtopc - I hope your good lady is contacted very soon.

Maybe those who got it at over 65 with no underlying conditions were like the Chesterfield FC footballers - in the right place at the right time when the clock was running down and it was a case of "find someone to jab or throw it away".

No doubt we'll here from the Government when it thinks we've vaccinated all in the top 4 categories who want it - then hopefully (as they promised) they will tell us they are easing the lockdown.

39 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Maybe those who got it at over 65 with no underlying conditions were like the Chesterfield FC footballers - in the right place at the right time when the clock was running down and it was a case of "find someone to jab or throw it away".

No doubt we'll here from the Government when it thinks we've vaccinated all in the top 4 categories who want it - then hopefully (as they promised) they will tell us they are easing the lockdown.

I can confirm that the over-65 with no underlying health problems Mrs.RR had her first Pfizer jab last Tuesday, and doesn't play for Chesterfield FC.

That said, she may be better than most of their current squad....

2 hours ago, Rollypolly said:

I've just had mine today. I'm 70 this year. I had the Astra Zenica one.

It would be interesting to know how many have side effects from the Oxford/AZ vaccine, I was in bed for 30 hours and I know a few others that were, ok for 6 hours then you get cold.

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

It would be interesting to know how many have side effects from the Oxford/AZ vaccine, I was in bed for 30 hours and I know a few others that were, ok for 6 hours then you get cold.

I had the A/Z vaccine.The next day I was talking to a neighbour and suddenly my mind went a total blank.

A couple of hours later I started to shiver internally just like a bad attack of flu.

Went to bed and slept  for a couple of hours or so then back to normal.