Coronavirus - Part Two.

6 minutes ago, lindylou53 said:

You are supposed to wait for a letter but some people who think they are special enough to jump the queue book theirs on the website which doesn't check whereabouts you are on the waiting list.

She’s not special, just worried as she’s unwell with some serious problems. 

14 minutes ago, gluedtopc said:

The info on the Norwood website is a bit confusing. Did the person who went to Wincobank get a letter or a text?  Sorry to be a pain. Many thanks. 

Sorry I don't know.  But the one's who had it done at Norwood got a text.

Thanks Jane, you’ve been very helpful. Enjoy the rest of the weekend !

18 minutes ago, gluedtopc said:

She’s not special, just worried as she’s unwell with some serious problems. 

I didn't mean to suggest in any way that you were jumping the queue but i do know of people who have found this loophole and are abusing the system. I hope you get your appointment soon.

1 hour ago, gluedtopc said:

Thanks Jane, you’ve been very helpful. Enjoy the rest of the weekend !

You too Glue.  Hope you get it sorted for her soon.

2 hours ago, gluedtopc said:

The info on the Norwood website is a bit confusing. Did the person who went to Wincobank get a letter or a text?  Sorry to be a pain. Many thanks. 

I am registered at Pitsmoor surgery, I got a letter before Christmas saying I would be getting an appointment shortly, I received a text early January to make an appointment for my vaccination at Wincobank which I had on the 8th January, hope this helps.

Thanks Kay. Hopefully we’ll get a letter or text soon. 

11 hours ago, gluedtopc said:

My wife is classed as extremely vulnerable. She got a text from the Government 3 or 4 weeks ago saying she would be getting an appointment for a jab. We live in Shirecliffe and her GP is Norwood Medical centre and she hasn’t got a date yet for it. Norwood MC isn’t doing jabs according to their literature on the Web so she’ll be going to a nearby hub. Does anyone know if anyone round this area who is a patient at Norwood MC and has had a jab or got an appointment , it’s getting a bit nearer to Feb 15th and she thinks missed the boat. Thanks. 

I was in the same position but got a letter on Saturday, I went on the website and have an appointment for Wednesday morning at the Arena and second jab appointment for end of April. The letter did say I could wait for GP contact if I preferred but I’d rather be vaccinated ASAP. Hope your wife is contacted soon

Various organisations have raised concerns about the Oxford-AstraZeneca jab's effectiveness against the South Africa variant, South Africa has paused its rollout, it said that this varient could widespread throughout the UK.

An early study suggests the jab offers "minimal protection" against mild disease from the South Africa variant.; but yet we are not being informed whether minimal is 1% or 20%

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55976037

11 hours ago, catmiss said:

I was in the same position but got a letter on Saturday, I went on the website and have an appointment for Wednesday morning at the Arena and second jab appointment for end of April. The letter did say I could wait for GP contact if I preferred but I’d rather be vaccinated ASAP. Hope your wife is contacted soon

Thanks for that. 

Can I just confirm has anyone over 65 been contacted to book a vaccination yet ?  (Obviously I am aware that those with some serious conditions may have also received the vaccination as well as much younger front line workers and God knows they need to be protected).  I'm over 65 (closer to 70 actually)  and am wondering when on earth I'm going to be contacted as part of the over 65 group.  I have a friend who lives in Cheshire and he said in his area they'd started contacting those over 65 and the same information from a friend in the Peterborough area.  I just wish they would give better communication so we could get a sense of when we will be offered the vaccine.  I've been informed it is done by postcode but not sure if this information is correct.

I've found the vaccination website and input my data but it says I am not eligible yet.  Obviously I would not dream of contacting my surgery.

By the way - regarding the South African Variant and the Astra Zeneca vaccine - those used in the analysis were average age of approx 31 years and the data has not yet been thoroughly checked - I think the sample of people was only 2000 as well.  I don't think that study has been properly peer reviewed yet either.

1 hour ago, PATHFINDER said:

Can I just confirm has anyone over 65 been contacted to book a vaccination yet ?

Yes...my better half had her first Pfizer last week.