Coronavirus - Part Two.

9 minutes ago, Becky B said:

I'm exactly the same.  I don't have the flu jab, mainly for that reason, but when the season comes round and we get pressure from work to have it, I'm waking up in the night regularly in a cold sweat, from anxiety.

People can tell me all they want "oh,  it's fine, you don't feel it" - I flippin' well do!!! 

Once it's over, I'm fine, and the needle is never quite as bad as I think, it's all in the anticipation.

I've had the Pfizer vaccine, and I can honestly say I didn't notice it.  I explained how anxious I am, and the possibility I might faint afterwards.

She didn't say "sharp scratch" or anything so inane, I was still waiting for it when she said "all done" 😀.

Full disclosure - I did nearly pass out about 5 minutes later, when I was sitting around afterwards.  Felt it coming on and managed to get down on the floor before I fell down though!  It must have been relief!

The staff really are used to it!  They told me they'd had charge nurses keeling over - and they stick needles in people all the time...

Good post Becky, spot on.

I've never had the flu jab either. what puzzles me is the fact that when I have the needle, It's painless, no problem at all,

Yet I'm still terrified of it, must be a phobia :huh:.  (oxford dictionary. Phobia- morbid fear or aversion)

30 minutes ago, Becky B said:

I'm exactly the same.  I don't have the flu jab, mainly for that reason, but when the season comes round and we get pressure from work to have it, I'm waking up in the night regularly in a cold sweat, from anxiety.

People can tell me all they want "oh,  it's fine, you don't feel it" - I flippin' well do!!! 

Once it's over, I'm fine, and the needle is never quite as bad as I think, it's all in the anticipation.

That is one of the problems facing people who, for one reason or another, don't want to have the jab.  Employers have no right to access your medical records, yet they want you to have the jab and access proof you have had it.  Why?  So they can say that they have done their bit and that all their employees are vaccinated.

I fully expect pressure to build on those who don't have the jab, until they get down the age-groups and try to get to the younger groups (who surveys have said are more reluctant to have it).

With around half saying they'd not have it, I really can't see companies turning their backs on such a large potential purchasers.  By this time, infections, hospitalisation etc will probably be down so much that Covid will be all but over.

2 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

That is one of the problems facing people who, for one reason or another, don't want to have the jab.  Employers have no right to access your medical records, yet they want you to have the jab and access proof you have had it.  Why?  So they can say that they have done their bit and that all their employees are vaccinated.

I fully expect pressure to build on those who don't have the jab, until they get down the age-groups and try to get to the younger groups (who surveys have said are more reluctant to have it).

With around half saying they'd not have it, I really can't see companies turning their backs on such a large potential purchasers.  By this time, infections, hospitalisation etc will probably be down so much that Covid will be all but over.

If work places can't access medical info how will they know who has had it and who is just saying they have had it to stop a boss going on about it.

17 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

The idea behind linking whether you have been Covid vaccinated or not to passports (to travel or anything else) assumes that your HNS medical records which contain this info is available to others.

Medical records are private between the patient and the HNS.

As soon as this principal is compromised, it is the thin end of a long wedge, and confidence in the HNS goes out of the window.  Would you tell your Doctor about an embarrassing complaint if the record of that could be seen by your boss, travel agent, pub landlord or others?  If we allow Covid records to be seen, no doubt others will follow.  Life insurance companies and many others have have been trying to get their hands on this rich source of data for years, and isolated examples of them succeeding have emerged, along with the negative fallout for patients.  Guard the privacy of your medical records while you can!

You already have to have a certain jabs to enter certain countries.

From the post office website of all places, when visiting Thailand.

Yellow Fever

A serious infection spread through mosquito bites that can cause very high temperatures, vomiting, back pain and sensitivity to light.
Vaccination against yellow fever is mandatory for all travellers over nine months of age arriving from any countries with a risk of yellow feveropens in new window – even if they’ve only transited (for more than 12 hours) through the airport. Remember to double-check your full travel itinerary before you leave and carry your certificate to prove you’ve been vaccinated.

Padders

If it wasn't for lockdown, I'd suggest you get a Hypnotherapist. It works.

Stay safe.

2 hours ago, petemcewan said:

Padders

If it wasn't for lockdown, I'd suggest you get a Hypnotherapist. It works.

Stay safe.

I think some therapies such as CBT can be accessed online.

https://www.headspace.com/covid-19

Edited by Anna B

My wife is classed as extremely vulnerable. She got a text from the Government 3 or 4 weeks ago saying she would be getting an appointment for a jab. We live in Shirecliffe and her GP is Norwood Medical centre and she hasn’t got a date yet for it. Norwood MC isn’t doing jabs according to their literature on the Web so she’ll be going to a nearby hub. Does anyone know if anyone round this area who is a patient at Norwood MC and has had a jab or got an appointment , it’s getting a bit nearer to Feb 15th and she thinks missed the boat. Thanks. 

Two of neighbours  had their's done at Norwood Medical Centre, while another neighbour who is a patient at Norwood went to a centre at Wincobank.

Thanks Jane. Looking at Norwood MC Web this morning it says that the Surgery isn’t doing jabs so I’m confused now. 

All I can suggest is that you ring them tomorrow.  as I've said my neighbours had their's done there.

The info on the Norwood website is a bit confusing. Did the person who went to Wincobank get a letter or a text?  Sorry to be a pain. Many thanks. 

You are supposed to wait for a letter but some people who think they are special enough to jump the queue book theirs on the website which doesn't check whereabouts you are on the waiting list.