Coronavirus - Part Two.

31 minutes ago, enntee said:

They are "fixed penalties".

Only half is due if paid within 24 days.

If paid within 28 days ... no criminal record.

If not paid within 28 days, magistrates may convict and you get a criminal record.

Plenty of incentives to pay it.

thanks for the info!

1 hour ago, Thirsty Relic said:

I wonder if anybody has any idea if these fines for students are actually paid?

They are bright youngsters at uni, one of them could well be wealthy, or their parents.

It might be a good idea for the criminal record part to be voiced more loudly. Spending a fortune in time and money for an education seems pointless if you may be turned down by potential employers because of your criminal record . I don’t think I would be keen on hiring such irresponsible people if I were an employer.

https://www.libertyhumanrights.org.uk/advice_information/coronavirus-criminal-penalties/

Says they are unlikely to be recorded 

2 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

I don't think it's a bad thing to ask why they were on the list. I mean, if they lived next door or the next street over to the surgery (they might, who knows!) then fair enough. But I can't help but think other people might have been just as close and more deserving. 

Does not justify being aggressive to nhs admin staff though.

How do they know people have had the vaccine if they are not booked in and are "stand by" are they given a document ? As I've only previously seen appointment cards.

On 03/02/2021 at 12:07, petemcewan said:

With respect to everybody. I'd like to state the difference between "Efficacy" and "Effectiveness". I hear  the two terms erroneously

applied by various commentators on the telly.

When looking at data it's worth knowing the difference.

"Efficacy"-data from the lab. 

"Effectiveness " -data obtained from the community.

From a personal point of view. I'm much more interested in effectiveness.

I have just had the Oxford vaccine today. So I have been looking at the trials.

Between April 23 and Nov 4, 2020, 23 848 participants were enrolled and 11 636 participants (7548 in the UK, 4088 in Brazil) were included in the interim primary efficacy analysis.

The first trial was stopped because someone died. It turns out, that volunteer had not had the vaccine. Later on, another volunuteer dies, that volunteer had the virus, but its said he died of other things.

I havnt read if anyone else died, so I asume not, what percentage is that and is it efficacy or effectiveness?

No details have been released about the cause of death, or their age or state of health.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)32661-1/fulltext

19 minutes ago, MuteWitness said:

https://www.libertyhumanrights.org.uk/advice_information/coronavirus-criminal-penalties/

Says they are unlikely to be recorded 

How do they know people have had the vaccine if they are not booked in and are "stand by" are they given a document ? As I've only previously seen appointment cards.

You need your NHS number and photo ID. Although in the ID I showed them I was clean shaven, not that they could tell when you have a mask on  :)

44 minutes ago, El Cid said:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)32661-1/fulltext

You need your NHS number and photo ID. Although in the ID I showed them I was clean shaven, not that they could tell when you have a mask on  :)

Not everyone has photo I'D. I wonder what the 'workaround' is.

Edited by Janus

Hello lovely people 👋

I would like to know how key workers feel working in this panademic? I do not feel safe.  I feel where I work there’s no social distancing.  I work full time and don’t feel like the furlough days have been shared accordingly, giving a furlough day to a part timer, when full time staff get none?  Also having to be so close to a customer when I can’t see my own family? 

Please don’t add negative comments as I’m struggling at the minute ❤️

22 minutes ago, Janus said:

23 minutes ago, Janus said:

People aren't even registered with a gp, just curious with all this talk of covid health passports to travel.  

Hi. You're not alone in feeling like this. My son works in an environment where there is little or no social distancing.  On the bright side it seems as though the infection rate is decreasing but it's still very worrying. You have all my sympathy.

The idea behind linking whether you have been Covid vaccinated or not to passports (to travel or anything else) assumes that your HNS medical records which contain this info is available to others.

Medical records are private between the patient and the HNS.

As soon as this principal is compromised, it is the thin end of a long wedge, and confidence in the HNS goes out of the window.  Would you tell your Doctor about an embarrassing complaint if the record of that could be seen by your boss, travel agent, pub landlord or others?  If we allow Covid records to be seen, no doubt others will follow.  Life insurance companies and many others have have been trying to get their hands on this rich source of data for years, and isolated examples of them succeeding have emerged, along with the negative fallout for patients.  Guard the privacy of your medical records while you can!

Can anyone tell me, when you're contacted for the covid vaccination, is it by post, telephone or email?

7 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Can anyone tell me, when you're contacted for the covid vaccination, is it by post, telephone or email?

Hi ANNA,

I got a letter this week from NHS offering me the vaccine, It said if I don't reply my doctor will get in touch with me.

I binned it.

I'm not having it, I'm terrified of needles, yep sounds stupid I know.

Wish they would bring out a tablet form.