Coronavirus - Part Two.

2 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Idiots who listen to other idiots "there must be something in it and I'm not being tracked by Bill gates". 

I've heard that up to 40% of people are refusing it. That's an awful lot of conspiracy theorists, if that's what it is.

A lot of people in health care are refusing it, front line workers, surely they don't believe that?

Must be other reasons. 

2 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I've heard that up to 40% of people are refusing it. That's an awful lot of conspiracy theorists, if that's what it is.

A lot of people in health care are refusing it, front line workers, surely they don't believe that?

Must be other reasons. 

DM online reported 20% of care home staff refused.....I imagine the younger people who work there would be worried about things like fertility if they don't already have a family and they are wanting to have one.  

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

Must be other reasons. 

BBC just said 15% would refuse it.

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

Must be other reasons. 

No, idiots. It's really simple. Have a vaccine, but your friends, go out, work, protect the NHS.  Don't and this goes on and on and on. 

And I'd be interested in seeing where you got 40% from, considering it's NHS and care workers who are seeing exactly what this virus does, and old people who traditionally do what the doctor tells them. No way 40% of those groups are refusing.

2 hours ago, MuteWitness said:

DM online reported 20% of care home staff refused.....I imagine the younger people who work there would be worried about things like fertility if they don't already have a family and they are wanting to have one.  

So not 40%.

15 minutes ago, El Cid said:

BBC just said 15% would refuse it.

Also not 40%.

I think it was South Africa where almost 50% do not want the vaccine

18 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

So not 40%.

Also not 40%.

Looking at some figures, the 40% will include the 19% 'dont knows'.

Whiteowl ,

Just like the common cold.

The virus particles can be spread by aerosols or direct contact with an asymptomatic individual. There is no treatment for the common cold; therefore, frequent hand-washing is important to prevent the spread of the common cold particularly in early fall," says Granados.

Edited by petemcewan

9 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

No, idiots. It's really simple. Have a vaccine, but your friends, go out, work, protect the NHS.  Don't and this goes on and on and on. 

And I'd be interested in seeing where you got 40% from, considering it's NHS and care workers who are seeing exactly what this virus does, and old people who traditionally do what the doctor tells them. No way 40% of those groups are refusing.

So not 40%.

Also not 40%.

I fully intend to have the jab when offered.

I heard the 40% quote somewhere, but  can't remember in what context. It might be 40% in some ethnic communities, to do with animal products being used in its manufacture which I understand has since been refuted or sorted. 

I don't get the Bill Gates connection, what's that about?

8 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I don't get the Bill Gates connection, what's that about?

Some people who are "for" the jab think that those "against" are all Covid-deniers, or think that Bill Gates has helped manufacture it and there are some chips or something in it that gives Bill Gates etc power over them.  Now the discussion seems to be about what proportion of the UK will choose not to have the vaccine.

31 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Some people who are "for" the jab think that those "against" are all Covid-deniers, or think that Bill Gates has helped manufacture it and there are some chips or something in it that gives Bill Gates etc power over them.  Now the discussion seems to be about what proportion of the UK will choose not to have the vaccine.

Thanks for that.

On 24/01/2021 at 14:02, Thirsty Relic said:

I have memories of a flu crisis of about 15-20 years ago when we were all encouraged to get vaccinated against then as we were told it was far worse than previous years, people were dying from it, and it was a one-off.  Many did get vaccinated, and have been under pressure to get their "annual" flu jab every year as a result.  I didn't get one and remain healthy (and arguably healthier than those I know who keep getting it annually).

My suspicion is that those who get the Covid jab will be expected to have an annual Covid jab in addition to the annual Flu jab in future. 

Looks like I was right (my bold) - we have amassed so many vaccine doses (400m+) that we can jab each UK resident  many times, and we're still buying more.  The ""Daily Express" headline today reads "What a Result! British Vaccines Lined up until 2025" citing a potential annual vaccine shot for everybody. 

How many people having the vaccine will be happy to learn that they are actually being signed up for annual jabs?

Matt Hancock also suggests that the annual flu and Covid jabs could be combined:

Speaking to Sophy Ridge on Sky News, Mr Hancock said: “I think it's highly likely that there will be a dual-vaccination programme for the foreseeable, this is the medium-term, of flu and Covid.”

https://theworldnews.net/gb-news/matt-hancock-says-it-is-highly-likely-brits-will-need-annual-covid-jab-as-200-000-are-being-vaccinated-every-day

While those who have the flu jab and have (or want) the Covid jab will be ok with this, what about the 20% of people who don't get the flu jab, or the (insert your best guess here!)% who will reject the Covid jab?  Some will want Covid but not flu and vice versa.

Thirsty Relic,

I don't see that there is anything wrong at all with annual cov-19 ,Flu, or Cov/Flu combined vaccinations.

Vaccination is one of the greatest advances ever made in medical science.

The development of mRNA vaccines is a once in a  hundred years

breakthrough in prophylactic medicine.

Messanger RNA technology may even bring forward the day that a vaccination against HIV will become available.

Edited by petemcewan

Pete,

I don't think there is anything wrong with them for those at most risk, especially through damaged immune systems.  I do think people in general have more medication than is necessary, and that it leads to medication not working for them in the future.  I was pressed to have the flu jab when we had a major alert about 15/20 years ago (I and my contacts were not in the at-risk age groups), but didn't - then saw it become an annual flu jab for those (inc mates) who did have it.  I can see many similarities here with Covid.

NHS are to be congratulated for their great work with Covid rollout, especially as local GP's etc have stepped up vaccinations recently and all care home residents have had the chance of vaccination, and we are on target to have vaccinated all over 80's who want it by mid February.  As they are of greatest risk of death or serious outcomes, once we have got to those groups (and HNS front line staff), we are ready to "open up" the economy again.  We are seeing adverts of Summer holidays and politicians forecasting summer/autumn relaxing of measures as hospitals empty of Covid patients.  There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

What does worry me is the fact that we are still stockpiling vaccines in greater numbers than needed, and also suggesting annual vaccinations will be the norm.