Coronavirus - Part Two.

There's endless talk about Transmission.

The ideal goal for vaccine makers  is to make Sterilising Vaccines. 

However ,if the current Cov-19 vaccines do not have sterilising properties (that's not proven yet) all is not lost.

https://theconversation.com/coronavirus-few-vaccines-prevent-infection-heres-why-thats-not-a-problem-152204

Edited by petemcewan

Can someone tell me what the position is after both doses of the vaccine (and the 2 week build up of antibodies? )

Can you return to work? 

Can you mix with other people who have also had the jab?

Can you mix with other people who haven't had the jab like grandchildren?

7 hours ago, Anna B said:

Can someone tell me what the position is after both doses of the vaccine (and the 2 week build up of antibodies? )

Can you return to work? 

Not at the moment

10 hours ago, Dardandec said:

It's not just about you though Mel, It's also that you might spread it about if you do get it, even if it is mild for you. Look at covid for that example.

Not completely true, only over 50s get the vaccination (and people with underlying health issues) thats to protect the person vaccinated not to stop it running wild.

5 minutes ago, enntee said:

Not that it changes your point, but anyone can get a flu vaccination if they choose to pay for it, privately.

Apparently theyve been trying to stop people jumping the queue trying to pay for covid jabs too, money talks if you have plenty

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

Not completely true, only over 50s get the vaccination (and people with underlying health issues) thats to protect the person vaccinated not to stop it running wild.

Splitting hairs on the subject doesn't stop it being selfish and anti social to think only of yourself and ignore the rest of the human race.

Many people are dying at this moment because of that attitude.

15 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Splitting hairs on the subject doesn't stop it being selfish and anti social to think only of yourself and ignore the rest of the human race.

Many people are dying at this moment because of that attitude.

so thinking that i dont need it and think the NHS should be concentrating on others, and covid is selfish? hmm strange attitude, a lot of money gets wasted in the NHS, blanket coverage is one of them, like i said before flu vaccination has NOTHING to do with stopping the spread, only over 50s are vaccinated, or those that have health issues because they are generally the main victims that can die, the main population dont get vaccinated, thats not stopping the spread.

Edited by melthebell

As we are talking here about the Flu virus, and not Covid (although there are some parallels), the NHS recognised that flu exists and keeps mutating, but severe outcomes (death etc) are vastly more predominant in the very old or very medically vulnerable.  As such, those groups are offered a vaccine shot in winter (as that is when it is more prevalent and deadly). 

I keep being offered it and rejecting such offers, as the vaccine doesn't stop me transmitting it to others, just aims to protect the taker.  I don't think I need it, so don't take it.  This has no effect on others.

According to Van Tam, the Covid vaccine protects the individual, but also does not stop them passing it on.  Hence the advice even after the 2 jabs to keep indoors, keep safe and protect others.

11 hours ago, Anna B said:

Can you return to work? 

Funnily enought this just popped up on mi facebook

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55784199

1 hour ago, Thirsty Relic said:

According to Van Tam, the Covid vaccine protects the individual, but also does not stop them passing it on.  Hence the advice even after the 2 jabs to keep indoors, keep safe and protect others.

Why are people suddenly surprise by this as its been known about for ages and also been highlighted on here several times in the past.

Thirsty Relic

We know what he is saying,"follow the rues".

In the link I posted( Below).

He's probably been onto the Behavioural Psychologist. Who have told him,"the general public need another large dose of  scary mary ".

Asymptomatically infected people typically produce virus at lower levels. Though there is not a perfect relationship, usually more virus equals more disease. Therefore, vaccinated people are less likely to transmit enough virus to cause severe disease.

Viral load is a significant factor in shedding virus and contracting 

severe illness. We don't hear very much about Viral Load and the role it plays in transmission.

Edited by petemcewan

Today I saw a member of staff of a supermarket walking into the building before starting work wearing a mask. As soon as this person pushed open the door to the staff area, they removed their mask. I’m curious about this. Presumably the staff area is a communal, indoor and confined area so I was surprised that the mask got whipped off on entry to it.