Coronavirus - Part Two.

14 hours ago, whiteowl said:

As proven in this thread, the "tories" amongst us are more concerned about a few people fraudulently claiming 500 quid than the tens of billions spent on a failing track and trace system.

Oh well, lets keep locking down repeatedly, crippling the economy, as the poor can't afford to isolate... As long as Dido Harding gets richer... 🙄

What would you do to fix the track and trace?

What do you think is wrong with it, specifically?

2 hours ago, *_ash_* said:

What would you do to fix the track and trace?

What do you think is wrong with it, specifically?

Well if we were told by our leaders that it was important to download the ap, that would be a start.

Why is track and trace hardly mentioned in the media and at number 10?

2 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

I have memories of a flu crisis of about 15-20 years ago when we were all encouraged to get vaccinated against then as we were told it was far worse than previous years, people were dying from it, and it was a one-off.  Many did get vaccinated, and have been under pressure to get their "annual" flu jab every year as a result.  I didn't get one and remain healthy (and arguably healthier than those I know who keep getting it annually).

In 2011, a study from the US Flu Vaccine Effectiveness Network estimated the overall effectiveness of all pandemic H1N1 vaccines at 56%.

I believe the COVID vaccine will be lucky to have the same effectiveness.

32 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Well if we were told by our leaders that it was important to download the ap, that would be a start.

The media does mention it!

On the BBC they always ask why doesn't it work.

Truth is, it never will, not because of the format, but because the government doesn't want to make it compulsory to have it, because people don't like conforming to rules here. 

It's absolutely simple to fix this problem, most of the east asian countries use this system and avoid lockdowns.

I've found a clip from a Sheffield China youtuber, you can see how easy it is. No green screen no entry. I've set the film in the correct place as he enters a meadowhall type place...

It literally takes a few seconds.

I've just been watching his film from today... again, watch how they do it. This is just to in a shop. Scan your phone, temperature check, done.

I wrote this months ago in here. How difficult is this process? Not at all, and we can all get back to some kind of normal,...

I've again set it in the right place, as obviously not interested in his content!

Interestingly, youtube cut off his income from his channel. Probably because he said America is in a mess! And because the newspapers here incorrectly said he was being paid by the chinese government.

https://youtu.be/7CXrBTJCva8?t=640

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

They did tell us it was important to download the app, but

1. there were tech problems with their app that prevented many from using it
  2. when those who could use it did, there were problems with it
  3. not everybody has a smartphone!

14 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

The media does mention it!

On the BBC they always ask why doesn't it work.

Truth is, it never will, not because of the format, but because the government doesn't want to make it compulsory to have it, because people don't like conforming to rules here. 

The trouble is it just not only here that people don't like conforming to rules though. With track and trace, getting enough people to download and use it is a problem in France, Germany and other free EU countries as well as it needs at least an uptake of 75% ish to be of any use.  Making it compulsory would dilute peoples rights and their entitlement to privacy and that is what people are worried about as doing that means that other human rights could also be eroded in the future. Its one of the reasons the ID system was abandoned and why we don't take DNA samples from everybody. There are already several scare stories online that China are using coronavirus as an excuse to compile a DNA database and here is just a snippet:

https://www.business-humanrights.org/en/latest-news/hong-kong-residents-worry-about-privacy-of-dna-data-when-china-backed-laboratories-conduct-covid-19-tests/

1 minute ago, apelike said:

The trouble is it just not only here that people don't like conforming to rules though. With track and trace, getting enough people to download and use it is a problem in France, Germany and other free EU countries as well as it needs at least an uptake of 75% ish to be of any use.  Making it compulsory would dilute peoples rights and their entitlement to privacy and that is what people are worried about as doing that means that other human rights could also be eroded in the future. Its one of the reasons the ID system was abandoned and why we don't take DNA samples from everybody. There are already several scare stories online that China are using coronavirus as an excuse to compile a DNA database and here is just a snippet:

https://www.business-humanrights.org/en/latest-news/hong-kong-residents-worry-about-privacy-of-dna-data-when-china-backed-laboratories-conduct-covid-19-tests/

I'm not saying I want it to be compulsory by the way.

But, no app, no green screen no entry to buildings. I'm sure people will be more likely to download it.

Countries that are doing this have all pretty much got this under control using this.

-

As for not having smartphones to quote Thirsty Relic.

It doesn't need a brand new iphone.

There are millions of old smartphones around, and not expensive, , put a sim card in, and download just that app. Carry the phone around with you to scan entry to places, just like an extra accessory in the pocket/handbag, whatever.

Has the problem of the app triggering through walls been fixed?  I've heard of many people who've been contacted by track and trace because their neighbour has tested positive/been a contact (and they live in terraced houses)...

53 minutes ago, Becky B said:

Has the problem of the app triggering through walls been fixed?  I've heard of many people who've been contacted by track and trace because their neighbour has tested positive/been a contact (and they live in terraced houses)...

Wi-fi can go through walls, but I understand bluetooth not so much, perhaps if you both go out of the front door at the same time, to go shopping or walk the dog.

Then Chineese whispers or fake news turns it into bluetooth through solid walls.

12 hours ago, melthebell said:

Got a letter for one, tbh i dont want to go, im quite lucky that flu never hits me that bad and i dont have any underlying health issues, personally speaking i'd rather they spent the time and money on getting the covid jab out there rather than faff around with me who never goes to the drs and never ever gets bedridden with flu

It's not just about you though Mel, It's also that you might spread it about if you do get it, even if it is mild for you. Look at covid for that example.