Coronavirus - Part Two.

Unless there’s been drastic changes I don’t think the antibody test is very reliable.

This is the ‘result’ I got after mine in the summer, and my friend got the same text just before Christmas...

netcallsms@sth.nhs.uk

Regarding sample from ********** from 12/06/2020. You do NOT have detectable antibodies to the COVID19 virus. This suggests you have not had COVID-19 infection recently but it can take weeks/months for the test to become positive and some people may fail to develop antibodies.

Edited by nikki-red

Tens of thousands of small businesses are set to receive insurance payouts covering losses from the first national lockdown, following a court ruling.

The Supreme Court found in favour of small firms receiving payments from business interruption insurance policies.

For some businesses it could provide a lifeline, allowing them to trade beyond the coronavirus crisis.

The ruling could cost the insurance sector hundreds of millions of pounds.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-55661702

It was discussed on sky this morning. The news presenter mentioned all the fraudulent furlough claims. He made reference to the insurence companies scrutinising the claims. 

Certainly they  will be more thorough than the government were with tax payers money.

Apelike,

Thanks for that very interesting link.

If you go to the Comments Section .Janet provides an equally interesting link.

Edited by petemcewan

1 hour ago, nikki-red said:

Unless there’s been drastic changes I don’t think the antibody test is very reliable.

This is the ‘result’ I got after mine in the summer, and my friend got the same text just before Christmas...

Yours sounds like the Chinese one mentioned in the article, not the newer one.  Surprised that the friend of yours got the same result though, as this was after the new ones that PHE say are 100% effective were purchased.

21 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Yours sounds like the Chinese one mentioned in the article, not the newer one.  Surprised that the friend of yours got the same result though, as this was after the new ones that PHE say are 100% effective were purchased.

Mine wasn’t a home test, I had it through work at the NGH.

In some good news, the ...er....bloke who tricked the 92 year old lady into paying £160 for a bogus virus injection has been caught, and charged with 5 offences...

17 minutes ago, RiffRaff said:

In some good news, the ...er....bloke who tricked the 92 year old lady into paying £160 for a bogus virus injection has been caught, and charged with 5 offences...

I caught a glimpse of the range of offences, fraud seemed to be the most serious, unless I missed some of them. Feels like some sort of physical assault charge is appropriate, not that I'm any kind of legal expert, but knowingly injecting someone with something not as described seems like a physical attack on that person.

9 hours ago, petemcewan said:

Apelike,

Thanks for that very interesting link.

If you go to the Comments Section .Janet provides an equally interesting link.

Glad you viewed it. Just getting round to that link from Janet....3 hours + so catch me tomorrow.... :)

In the meantime a summary of what the new UK variant means from virologist Vincent Racaniello, a  less strenuous link @24 mins. He gives a summary of why he believes the new variant is all hype (My words) and nothing to worry about.

12 hours ago, apelike said:

Glad you viewed it. Just getting round to that link from Janet....3 hours + so catch me tomorrow.... :)

In the meantime a summary of what the new UK variant means from virologist Vincent Racaniello, a  less strenuous link @24 mins. He gives a summary of why he believes the new variant is all hype (My words) and nothing to worry about.

Nothing to worry about eh? I know from personal experience more people I know either online or real life are having to isolate either to having it or somebody they're with having it. March's lockdown I knew nobody with it, this lockdown at least 10. Does seem to be more prevalent.

Edited by melthebell

On a positive note.....

Wife and I had our first left-arm-jabs on Wednesday. It was very well organised, it seemed the local GP's had banded together and sited the jabbing station at the practice with the best facilities (S8). Everyone was pleasant and professional, and we were done in 20 minutes including the compulsory sitdown. 

On my ticket it noted that I had been given the Pfizervolksvaccine, and had me booked in for #2 in April.

Thanks to all. 🙂