Coronavirus - Part Two.

14 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Footage on the news of hundreds of supporters thronging the streets cheering Marine on as they arrived for the FA Cup match with Spurs today.  No reports of anybody fined. Pictures are around various websites:

https://healthyfrog.readsector.com/2021/01/10/police-just-look-on-as-footballer-supporters-ignore-social-distancing/

Then there are the footballers jumping all over each other after scoring, after some matches as the players go off  you see them hugging managers and other players. Some of these high profile players seem to think that they are above the law and please themselves they just say sorry when they are caught out but it doesn't stop them from breaking the rules again.

I would not fancy the slight possibilityof a curfew.

I food shop at quiet hours. Why compress all shoppers into less opening hours?

Well at least the Scottish police have finally charged SNP MP Margaret Ferrier over her trip down from Scotland to Westminster last YEAR. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-55537974

"Police Scotland said she had been charged in connection with "alleged culpable and reckless conduct". At least she'll have to answer for her actions rather that give the usual, "Sorry" (not really), response. 

Edited by Baron99

22 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Well at least the Scottish police have finally charged SNP MP Margaret Ferrier over her trip down from Scotland to Westminster last YEAR. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-55537974

"Police Scotland said she had been charged in connection with "alleged culpable and reckless conduct". At least she'll have to answer for her actions rather that give the usual, "Sorry" (not really), response. 

When is British police proposing to investigate Jacob Rees-Mogg's own church-going transgression of 03 January 2021, out of interest?

17 minutes ago, L00b said:

When is British police proposing to investigate Jacob Rees-Mogg's own church-going transgression of 03 January 2021, out of interest?

If a church is a place of worship, then he’s in the clear. The police might have better things to do.

Did anyone see that the lawyer trying to get Cummings prosecuted for his breach of lockdown laws has had to move house after a brick was thrown through his window and his car tyres were slashed? Very unpleasant, I assume at some point the police will arrest "a man in his 50s" in connection with it.

39 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Did anyone see that the lawyer trying to get Cummings prosecuted for his breach of lockdown laws has had to move house after a brick was thrown through his window and his car tyres were slashed? Very unpleasant, I assume at some point the police will arrest "a man in his 50s" in connection with it.

That is very sinister....I wonder what it is about Dominic Cummings that attracts someone to do that???

9 minutes ago, Mister M said:

That is very sinister....I wonder what it is about Dominic Cummings that attracts someone to do that???

I think you're being disingenuous, but for the benefit of anyone who isn't sure - Brexit.

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

Awkward :nod:

7 miles now looks like the limit.

3 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

7 miles now looks like the limit.

Just like driving round Barnard Castle is a legitimate way to test one's eyesight?

22 hours ago, redruby said:

How to make the locker stricter? Do garden centres really need to be open? Do takeaways really need to be open? These are Just a couple of examples, I’m sure there are many more. From what I’ve seen these are just encouraging people to go out and come into contact with others much more closely and for longer than they would taking exercise.  

Of course that’s tough for businesses and economy. But the trouble is that while ever we carry on to trying to compromise and tread a middle ground, the less effective the lockdown will be. So the lockdown goes on longer, the economy suffers more in the longer term.

The way to make the lockdown stricter is by stopping any click and collect options in any shops not selling food. Schools should be open to only keyworkers children like the first lockdown and masks to be worn in public places as well as outdoors.

There are far too many cars still out and about on the roads because some shops have managed to get round the loophole of click and collect and remain open.

I'm a retail worker for a huge company with over 400 staff in the building. Still working click and collect orders for items which are not classed as essential and its difficult to keep away from eachother when doing these orders when it is always so very busy. The company want all the staff to work and not be furloughed again.

If Boris wants to tighten things again. Stop click and collect for shops that don't sell food so that workers are kept safe and away from other people to ease the burden on the NHS.