Coronavirus - Part Two.

Watching Look North tonight, they reported that a shisha bar on The Wicker, has been fined for a second time, £4,000 this time round, when  police raided them the other night, following a tip off that a number of people were present on the premises.  This follows a similar raid in November for a similar offence, when they were fined, £2,000.,   I thought the minimum fine for such offences was £10,000?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-55611023

Police also found cannabis plants at the premises.  

In another report, York council has had to close one of their main parks to stop people congregating & not practicing social distancing.  York currently has one of the highest infection rates in the country.  Will people never learn?  (Rhetorical question, as apparently not!). 

Footage on the news of hundreds of supporters thronging the streets cheering Marine on as they arrived for the FA Cup match with Spurs today.  No reports of anybody fined. Pictures are around various websites:

https://healthyfrog.readsector.com/2021/01/10/police-just-look-on-as-footballer-supporters-ignore-social-distancing/

How to make the locker stricter? Do garden centres really need to be open? Do takeaways really need to be open? These are Just a couple of examples, I’m sure there are many more. From what I’ve seen these are just encouraging people to go out and come into contact with others much more closely and for longer than they would taking exercise.  

Of course that’s tough for businesses and economy. But the trouble is that while ever we carry on to trying to compromise and tread a middle ground, the less effective the lockdown will be. So the lockdown goes on longer, the economy suffers more in the longer term.

I  have thought for a long time that take-aways shouldn't be open.  Don't get me wrong I like a take-away every now and again but have resisted for more than 4 months now.  I  and my family don't need any more social interaction than is absolutely neccessary. 

2 hours ago, francypants said:

A neighbour of mine in his 80s was taken into hospital on new years eve.  He had an operation for gallstones and was recovering from the operation well .......  then whilst in hospital caught coronavirus.    He's still in hospital in isolation  ...........................................

Exactly the same with my next door neighbour. He had to have a liver op on Xmas Eve. It went ok and he was eager to get home but was told he'd need to stay there and be on intravenous antibiotics for 4 weeks. He was transferred into the GI ward but after a week or so everyone in the ward tested Covid positive. 

Take care. Hospital is the last place you want to be. 

38 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Should footballers be fast-tracked for a vaccine?

Do footballers really deserve to jump the queue for the vaccine? | Football | The Guardian

Not bloody likely!

Much as I like my football, there are so many players totally ignoring Covid guidance and rules and being bad examples to others that I'm all for closing it down until Covid is well and truly under control.

6 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Much as I like my football, there are so many players totally ignoring Covid guidance and rules and being bad examples to others that I'm all for closing it down until Covid is well and truly under control.

Just watched the news.  Reporting that Celtic flew away last week for warm weather training in Dubai.  Now one of them has tested positive for COVID-19.  Technically, all those who travelled, should now go into self-isolation. 

The club reckons they were given permission to travel, despite current Scottish restrictions but there's an impending argument with the Executive & their game against Hibs tonight is in doubt. 

Edited by Baron99

11 hours ago, Kidorry said:

No so in Gleadless because my sister and her husband are both over 90 with health problems and they have had no word yet even after phoning their doctor.

Hope they get sorted soon, looking online it seems Gleadless surgery is due to start early February which seems really late compared to the other areas.

22 minutes ago, Westie1889 said:

Hope they get sorted soon, looking online it seems Gleadless surgery is due to start early February which seems really late compared to the other areas.

I may have mislead you by saying Gleadless because their doctor is the one next to the library on White lane,Gleadless town end.

My neighbour has managed to sell his works van to a private buyer, who collected it yesterday morning.

The buyers had driven through the early hours to collect it.

From Edinburgh.

9 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

They do seem to (be able to) flout the rules, and also seem to think that simply apologising after the event is good enough.

They might not have to be the brightest souls on earth - think back to the cretin last year who claimed that he'd never heard of Hitler! - but they know the rules and regulations as well as anybody.

Then there's the question of goal "celebrations" and the touchline antics after the match! They're all over each other like a rash!

Bear in mind that they've also been rolling and sliding around the pitch which has been spat and "nosed" on numerous times by all of 'em... the women players are just as bad.

It really is a disgusting habit at the best of times, but especially now.

14 hours ago, Kidorry said:

No so in Gleadless because my sister and her husband are both over 90 with health problems and they have had no word yet even after phoning their doctor.

I've a 94 year old relative - with no underlying health problems other than those you get at 94! -  in Gleadless who is yet to be contacted as well.

She's with the Heeley Green surgery, who are using the Belgrave surgery as a hub, according to their website.

12 hours ago, redruby said:

How to make the locker stricter? Do garden centres really need to be open? Do takeaways really need to be open? These are Just a couple of examples, I’m sure there are many more. From what I’ve seen these are just encouraging people to go out and come into contact with others much more closely and for longer than they would taking exercise.  

Of course that’s tough for businesses and economy. But the trouble is that while ever we carry on to trying to compromise and tread a middle ground, the less effective the lockdown will be. So the lockdown goes on longer, the economy suffers more in the longer term.

too many people (or perhaps their unscrupulous employers) think they are key workers. Apparently some schools have 50% occupancy.  

Every time we go to Morrisons pretty much no staff have masks on and no-one challenges the young men without masks wandering around. No one way system either to avoid crowds congregating. I read this morning according to PHE 18% of infections are caught in a supermarket. The last time we went to Tesco it was not much better (although at least they have a one way system).