Coronavirus - Part Two.

2 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

But the vaccine you are given will be part of your NHS record. So why would you need to know in advance? I didn't ask what flu jab I was given. Why would I?

there is only one flu jab per year so everyone knows what you had, there are several covid vaccines. 

if knowing which one you had ever becomes important in situations where you full nhs record is not available then you know. 

11 hours ago, petemcewan said:

Thanks for this. Very interesting. As an AstraZeneca pensioner myself I'd sort of prefer to go for that one if I get the choice. The storage tolerance is a major benefit. In fact the first batch of the Pfizer vaccine delivered to our surgery was wasted due to the freezer malfunctioning and all the first cohort had to be contacted and booked into later appointments! After that fiasco I'm not sure I could ever really have faith that my Pfizer shot had been stored properly and hence would be fully effective?

21 minutes ago, Victor Meldrew said:

Thanks for this. Very interesting. As an AstraZeneca pensioner myself I'd sort of prefer to go for that one if I get the choice. The storage tolerance is a major benefit. In fact the first batch of the Pfizer vaccine delivered to our surgery was wasted due to the freezer malfunctioning and all the first cohort had to be contacted and booked into later appointments! After that fiasco I'm not sure I could ever really have faith that my Pfizer shot had been stored properly and hence would be fully effective?

But if they've ditched a batch, doesn't that indicate that they'll only give people the vaccine if it's been stored properly?

18 minutes ago, Delbow said:

But if they've ditched a batch, doesn't that indicate that they'll only give people the vaccine if it's been stored properly?

Well yes, but in all the rush to get so many people vaccinated can we be sure it's been stored correctly in the initial transport, at the distribution centre, and then in the final transport to the GP practice or wherever?

1 hour ago, Victor Meldrew said:

Well yes, but in all the rush to get so many people vaccinated can we be sure it's been stored correctly in the initial transport, at the distribution centre, and then in the final transport to the GP practice or wherever?

From what I can gather the vast majority of jabs given in the community will be the Astra-Zeneca one purely because it’s easier to transport and store and cost effective. The more expensive Pfizer one will be predominantly used in settings where appropriate storage facilities already exist e.g. hospitals. My experience of administering drugs in the Health Service is that, even in crisis situations, they always err on the side of caution. Even more so now when one error could destroy public confidence 

This is so grubby https://metro.co.uk/2021/01/08/property-firm-offered-100000-in-bribes-to-gps-for-covid-vaccines-13873957/

I’ve had a look at the website of this luxury property development company and it appears that Justine is not shown as being a ‘Health Officer’ on there. 

2 hours ago, redruby said:

This is so grubby https://metro.co.uk/2021/01/08/property-firm-offered-100000-in-bribes-to-gps-for-covid-vaccines-13873957/

I’ve had a look at the website of this luxury property development company and it appears that Justine is not shown as being a ‘Health Officer’ on there. 

There’s bound to be a black market for the vaccine, just as there was for penicillin during the war. 

2 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

There’s bound to be a black market for the vaccine, just as there was for penicillin during the war. 

which is likely to include counterfeight vaccines too

On 06/01/2021 at 15:06, Kidorry said:

I have had both my injections, the last one today. I think it is what Delbow says, it just depends where you are and what your surgery is like.

Well, I can only assume that my mother's GP is not one of the best for communication nor looking after their older patients.

I finally got through on the phone to speak to a receptionist on Thursday, they said that they don't know when and if they're getting the vaccine and she couldn't offer any suggestions as to "who I should contact" with regard to my mother.

My mother lives in Killamarsh which is densely populated with "older" people.

Duffems

Edited by DUFFEMS

32 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Yes,  and that is why it should be called out and those responsible named and shamed to keep it as minimal as possible.

Edited by redruby

7 minutes ago, DUFFEMS said:

Well, I can only assume that my mother's GP is not one of the best for communication nor looking after their older patients.

I finally got through on the phone to speak to a receptionist on Thursday, they said that they don't know when and if they're getting the vaccine and she couldn't offer any suggestions as to "who I should contact" with regard to my mother.

My mother lives in Killamarsh which is densely populated with "older" people.

Duffems

Without going into whether this right or wrong, I thought people were supposed to wait for their gp to contact them about the vaccine not the other way around? 

29 minutes ago, andyofborg said:

which is likely to include counterfeight vaccines too

Let’s hope so.